Skip to content

#7163 [CORE] - Astral Prison BUG cant leave

bescheidbescheid Member Posts: 16
edited November 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Hi, I have finished all the quests in the prison and as I talk to Raelis i get the quest experience points and she says that she will use her powers to get us back but nothing happens. I can talk to her as many times as I want and I get the same response and can also get infinite experience. I have tried to solve this by clua console getting back Haer'Dalis (i did not take him with me to the astral) but it does not work.

Can anyone help me, never encountered it Before.
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• AstronautMagicAstronautMagic Member Posts: 1
    Raelis won't cast the spell to leave after you've killed the Warden and the Master of Thralls. When you speak to her she gives you the experience points for freeing them but she doesn't cast the spell. Has anybody found any way around this?
  • SmilgeSmilge Member Posts: 104
    I posted this elsewhere, never got a response so I'm not sure if it worked or not: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/407029/#Comment_407029

Basically, is Haer'dalis alive and nearby? He's supposed to take over the conversation after she starts talking, but if he's not around he conversation might drop off before she gets to the part where she lets you leave. The fixes would be to either kill Haer'dalis (she'll see he's dead and finish on her own), make sure Haer'dalis is nearby and not stunned/silenced/asleep or whatever might be stopping him from talking, or just teleporting out yourself with the console command: CLUAConsole: MoveToArea("AR0510")

If you are a bard and want the playhouse as a stronghold, I'd advise against just teleporting out. Otherwise it shouldn't make a difference.
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    has the quest concluded already? can you use MoveToArea to get out as a workaround?
  • bescheidbescheid Member Posts: 16
    Yes the quest is logged as compleated guess i can use moveto then to just continue my game?
    Most likely so. Give it a try to get on with your game, at least ^^

keep the save game from before though just in case they need help reproducing the issue
    I have a save but I think ill jsut use the console to get out. HaerDalis is not there.
    right but if you're experiencing the bug, somebody else might run up against it too. the save might be helpful to them in figuring out the bug and preventing it ^^
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Gate70, I was able to replicate this—only by kicking Haer'Dalis from the party just before entering the portal, but after talking to Raelis and starting the ritual. He uses the portal to, presumably, go to the Flagons. That might be a separate issue to this; #7163.

Apart from that, I'm not able to replicate the issue.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    I know in standard testing, this one went through without a hitch.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Isn't there a gate you have to take to get back? I had Haer in the party but I think I remember that return was not automatic and that I had to take the exit. I think the warden dropped a key as well.
    @Skaffen not entirely correct. you need to have the key in your inventory, but Raelis is supposed to cast a spell that transports you out across the planes.
    edited November 2013
    I Think thats the thing, if u kick haerdalis after the gate is open u cant get back.

But it is clearly a bug and not intended this way as she even refers to heardalis being there and u can do the quest without him.
    Post edited by bescheid on
  • biggestbossbiggestboss Member Posts: 2
    So me and the boys were doing the quest to free Haer'Dalis from the Planar Prison when we finally reached the end. After talking to the NPC and getting 44,000 experience per party member, we quickly discovered that the NPC was stuck in this conversation tree and would give us 44,000 over and over again. This sounds great except this same NPC is supposed to teleport us out of the Planar Prison upon completion of the conversation. We eventually used CLUA Console to teleport out but I just wanted to document the bug here because it's a pretty serious one in my opinon.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited December 2013
    It's actually the first bug listed in the "A" section of the Consolidated bug list @biggestboss. It's one of the highest priority bugs on the Dev's plates right now.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Well, if he dropped Haerdalis right before the ritual it is hardly an A bug :)
    But it seems i can fix this.
    yay for bugfixes... guess I can leave this quest for later then :3
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Or just don't drop haerdalis before entering :)
  • FurryKittyCatFurryKittyCat Member Posts: 10
    This bug is occuring for me inside of Haer'Dalis Planar Prison. After slaying the cambion master and looting the prison key, upon talking to Raelis Shae her dialogue gets looped. You can never exit and it always loops and gives you the 44000 quest xp, and then dialogue stops and if you talk to her again she says the same thing and rewards the xp again. I have attached the save file where this is occuring. I have tried working around this by loading the auto save and talking to every npc in the dungeon, but nothing seems to be working.

Thanks for all the help.
    ok so it says baldur.game and baldur.sav are not allowed to be uploaded so I have no idea how to upload a quicksave.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    You need to package the whole save folder into a zip or rar file, and then upload that.

@FurryKittyCat,

Would this issue be similar to this one? Is Haer'Dalis in the prison as well?
  • GragasGragas Member Posts: 1
    i think haerdalis died in the fight before entering the plans in my game but i thought he was just removed cause they kidnapped him... having the same problem at the end though
    For my play through I didn't accept haer'dalis into my party. I am doing a solo run. So that might be something! I attached my save
    qs.rar 398.4K
    edited December 2013
    @FurryKittyCat, did you accept Haer'Dalis into the party at any time and then remove him? The variable CDHaerdalisJoined is set to 1 in the provided save game, and it only gets set to 1 if he has been in the party, even for only a moment (e.g. accidentally allowing him into the party).

An easy solution in this case is to simply set CDHaerdalisJoined to 0. Open the console and enter this (copy and paste):

C:SetGlobal("CDHaerdalisJoined","GLOBAL",0)
    Yes now that I think of it he was in my party for just a moment, right after saving him from Mekrath. I will proceed to try that fix, thanks a lot Troodon80
  • UthorionUthorion Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem. I never accepted Haer'Dalis in my party, i just rescued him and brought the gem to the five flagon inn later. After the fight with the warden Raelis Shar and Haer'Dalis are well and alive but i got the infinite xp and i'm stuck in the prison big as the others
  • UthorionUthorion Member Posts: 2
    The only solution was killing Haer'dalis and that makes me a sad panda!
  • bwilsbwils Member Posts: 1
    I encountered the same problem with the Raelis Shar speech not triggering the portal. After rescuing Haer'Dalis from the wizard, I accepted him into the party then kicked him out. Troodon80's solution seemed to work for me. I used EEKeeper to change the global variable CDHaerdalisjoined to 0 and was back in bidness!
  • JohnGJohnG Member Posts: 1
    I found killing Haer'Dalis to be a quick and easy solution myself. (Simply pulled him away from his group by using a spell that would target him, and chopped him to bits.) Not too sad about it, he was a twit.
  • FD3SAFD3SA Member Posts: 17
    edited January 2015
    Just like to add that I experienced this exact problem as described right now. Haven't had a chance to update to the 1.3 GOG client yet, but this definitely happens in 1.2.

RIP Haer'Dalis, you were a badass Tiefling.

EDIT: Haer'Dalis lives, this command (C:SetGlobal("CDHaerdalisJoined","GLOBAL",0)) worked perfectly and fixed the dialogue loop.

So this only occurs if you accept him into your party briefly, and then remove him before going to the Astral Prison.