Skip to content

#7623 [RASAAD, ToB] - Viconia is talking about leaving prematurely.

AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
She told me :
"We've come a long way together, CHARNAME but the path you're on - I cannot walk it any further." (and so on) right as I entered into the room with spiders.
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    I recently experienced this as well.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited December 2013
    @Aranthys / @Mortianna: We're going to have to get more than this. It's been many years since I made a full playthrough of this game (haven't gotten to do much playing of the EE at this point due to the testing and modding here)...

What is the problem you're experiencing? Should this dialog have happened somewhere else? Is there a trigger missing or incorrect?

What's the issue with Viconia giving that line?
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    I m absolutely not sure when Viconia should say that unfortunately, but it should be easily searchable in her dialogs.
    I believe it's her dialog when she leaves you due too high of a reputation (Absolutely not sure, since she shouldn't have said that there in any way)
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited December 2013
    @Illydth I haven't done the Rasaad quest in BG2EE, but it sounded like her dialogue should be before the party goes into a temple devoted to Shar, since she protested and said she would have to leave the party. I thought it was pretty obvious that her dialogue didn't belong in Hexxat's ToB quest, especially with Mage in the spider room. It looks like it got lumped in with her dialogue about Lolth.
  • JulixJulix Member Posts: 28
    I got it during Neera's first ToB quest map. - If you reply "I don't respond well to ultimatums" she says basically "me or this?" and you can reply "It's a dwarven stronghold Viconia. You can hardly expect me to turn back now." ---- I'm not aware of any dwarven strongholds anywhere yet, but I hope this has nothing to do with the watchtower... I know nothing about that yet, except that there's loads of loot and I would chose it over Viconia :D
  • hippofanthippofant Member Posts: 35
    I just encountered this bug too. After I entered Saradush, I got the first resume romance talk with Viconia. But then the 2nd time she approached me, she says that she can't fight Shar any more and has to leave. Poked around further myself. It seems that as soon as I start ToB, in the forest, if I initiate a conversation with Viconia, she immediately tells me she won't fight Shar.

I have a LOT of mods installed, so I don't know how useful my save game would be, but I've identified the trigger as being in VICON25J.dlg. The condition seems to be Global("ohr_viconia_leaves","locals",0). I can't find anywhere that's set in the .dlg files using Infinity Xplorer ignoring my overrides other than on lines further in dialogue tree, so it seems like any time anybody talks to Viconia in ToB, she's going to get mad and leave. Unless there's something I'm misunderstanding about how these triggers work or if the flag is getting set somewhere else....
  • ShareazuShareazu Member Posts: 51
    yeah, i'm getting the same bug. For me, it starts around the beggining of ToB, after the first battle, once you're in the pocket plane... she says she cannot accept to go into battle against other servants of Shar, and that CHARNAME has to decide what to do. depending on the answer, one of the options in the dialogue also mentions something about a dwarven fortress.... my guess is that this is something related to Rasaad's quest in ToB or something like that, though i'm not sure WHAT EXACTLY could be causing this bug, since i have some mods installed (Unfinished Business, Flirt Pack, Sarevok Friendship, Imoen Friendship, Viconia Friendship (most likely to be responsible?), Mazzy friendship, Yoshimo friendship, and BG2 Tweaks).

I guess i could live with it and keep playing, if it weren't for the disturbing fact that she now keep tring to initiate dialog (as per EE style: she keeps walking towards CHARNAME in order to initiate it), and, since i have the flirt pack installed, this keeps forcing a dialogue every 4 seconds!

i will uninstall a few mods, and see which one seems to be responsible for this.
    edited March 2014
    I have just uninstalled Viconia Friendship... indeed, it looks like it was the one responsible for the bug; luckly, i had a quick save just before the moment she initiated that dialog, and it looks like the dialog is not popping out again after the removal of said mod... a pity, that mod was really well-done and fun to have, but i guess it's the only way for me to keep playing!

I hope this solves the problem for others... though i'm not sure what could trigger that dialog in other cases.

*EDIT*

Oops, allow me to rectify my post: though she does not trigger the dialog by herself anymore, it seems that 'talking' to her still causes that dialog to appear. bummer, but i guess it's not so bad, as long as i avoid initiating the dialogue with her.

maybe the flirt pack is the one responsible?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    The issue has been logged and the topic has been renamed appropriately.
    edited March 2014
    looks like the dialog appears prematurely anyway, even after uninstalling viconia friendship and avoiding to initiate a dialog with her... i was just at the beggining of ToB, in saradush, and i had viconia and rasaad in my party, and something trigged that dialog... it sucks because now either rasaad or viconia leaves the party, depending on yer dialog choices.

*EDIT*

Yes, it seems the flirt pack was responsible -- or at least, partially responsible -- for the bug. After uninstalling it, the dialog no longer seemed to pop up. i will keep testing, and send further updates later.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Shareazu, the flirt pack probably forces a dialogue that you would otherwise not normally have, but it is not the cause of the bug. Note that this bug can be triggered immediately upon summoning Viconia or continuing with her in the party at the end of Shadows of Amn. If you force-talk Viconia it will trigger the dialogue.

Attached is a quick-fix. It is also a standard file, so it will overwrite any dialogue file with the same name. If you wish to re-install the flirt pack it should update appropriately.
    Gate70Shareazuzheng1
    Troodon80 said:

@Shareazu, the flirt pack probably forces a dialogue that you would otherwise not normally have, but it is not the cause of the bug. Note that this bug can be triggered immediately upon summoning Viconia or continuing with her in the party at the end of Shadows of Amn. If you force-talk Viconia it will trigger the dialogue.

Attached is a quick-fix. It is also a standard file, so it will overwrite any dialogue file with the same name. If you wish to re-install the flirt pack it should update appropriately.

I thank you, panda-one... if i may ask, what should i do with the file? should i install it after or before the pack?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Unzip it and place the contents in your 00783\override folder, then install the flirt pack if desired.
    ShareazuTroodon80
    it worked wonderfully, thank you!
    Troodon80