Skip to content

So... Which coffee is your best, or your first choice?

DeathKnightDeathKnight Member Posts: 93
edited December 2013 in Off-Topic
Almost everyone drinks coffee. Either to stay awake, go to work, enjoy a warm cup in winter, a cold glass in summer, spend time with friends in home or out, etc. I want you to tell me, which coffee is your best/most beloved. Yay!
  1. So... Which coffee is your best, or your first choice?36 votes
    1. Hot Nes.
        0.00%
    2. Cold Nes (a.k.a. frapee).
        2.78%
    3. Turkish coffee.
        5.56%
    4. Hot Espresso.
      13.89%
    5. Cold Espresso.
        2.78%
    6. Hot Cappuccino.
      11.11%
    7. Cold Cappuccino.
        0.00%
    8. Fredoccino.
        0.00%
    9. Other (please specify and describe).
      38.89%
    10. I don't do coffee; i am down with one of those only: tea, chocolate, milk, natural juice, alcohol, mineral water...
      25.00%

Comments

• I have a coffee grinder and a drip brewer and take my coffee hot without adding anything (though a good Irish coffee is great when I need a little something extra). I usually go for dark roast Indonesia coffees but recently I found this blonde roast from Ethiopia that's really really good.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    HOT CHOCOLATE AND WITH COOKIES FOR THE WIIIIIIN!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Never gotten into the habit of coffee.
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    When I do on occasion I just take it black. None of that fancy stuff for me thank you.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Canadian, so Timmies.
    Whatever that is on your list.
    Also own and love a tassimo machine.
  • I live in Ohio, but there's a Timmies down the road. Whenever I use the wifi there Google wonders if I shouldn't be using Google.ca.
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    To be perfectly honest, I don't even know what the difference is in those poll options :D
    Usually I drink tea when I can, but there's a brand of coffee called Kicking Horse that is pretty much the sole reason I survived college. Also the only coffee I actually liked drinking black.
  • The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    What's a Nes? I'm afraid my answer isn't terribly representative of what I drink, but given the options it's the best I could do. I probably drink about 2 litres of black tea with milk a day, and around half a litre of coffee, either hot filter with milk, or hot cap. I also try to get in a half litre of water, and wrap it all up with a glass or two of red wine or beer.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I don't do coffee, no. But I do tea real hard and merciless until the water boils!
  • MichailMichail Member Posts: 196
    My second choice would be a hot espresso (double), and my choice for the summer months would be frapee (which is, i'm told, very unhealthy, but i'm too used to it). Still, if i cn't make the coffee myself, it will always be espresso.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    TEA.. Earl Grey. Hot. ;) ... no no... actually it's... Arabica. Black.
  • AlmateriaAlmateria Member Posts: 257
    I drink alcohol exclusively
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    edited December 2013
    Drow Spiderweb Coffee

I think it's a cappucino.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Black coffee! the only thing that actually make me awake..

I also like Macchiatone because its bitter and strong, but I rarely have the chance to drink that one.

• If I'm buying coffee at a place where I'm skeptical about the quality of their brewed coffee, I'll often go for a hot americano (espresso and water).
  • ImperatorImperator Member Posts: 154
    Tea with milk and sugar, like a sir
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I don't know what anything up there means. I make the coffee in the pot, then I put it in the fridge to cool, then I take it out and put it in a cup with creamer.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Just coffee with milk. And regularly too much of it.
  • DeathKnightDeathKnight Member Posts: 93
    Ok. My bad to not specify. Different places have different names for same types and methods of coffee prepared. So let me correct and elaborate...
    1) Hot Nescafee. The hot equivalant of Frapee, a coffee mostly served in europe. Very unhealthy.
    2) Cold Nescafee, or frapee. The cold variation. The most unhealthy cofee ever. Both these are mostly served in europe. The coffee is industrially preworked and put in containers.
    3) Turkish, or greek coffee. The hot, traditional, old coffee, served all around europe. Considered one of the most healthy types of coffee out there, with an exceptional and outstanding aroma. You can drink it easily in summer, too.
    4) Hot Espresso. Hot Italian Coffee.
    5) Cold Espresso, or Fredo Espresso. Cold Italian Coffee.
    6) Cappuccino, hot. A little bit different from Espresso, with more taste, flavor and ingredients.
    7) Cappuccino, cold. Like espresso, but with stirred milk on top and cinammon.
    8) Freddoccino. A crossbreed between coffee and water ice. Very cold, refreshing, etc.

And i forgot, my bad, philter/machine made coffees entirely. Like the French coffee. Which is also considered relatively healthy, too! And comes in different flavors also...
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Beware: Edgy!

From this list, I actually mostly drink silent water.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Only bold, dark roasted coffee beans, freshly ground, served strong and hot in a French Press will do. Black, of course--anything else isn't coffee in my world. Espresso works as well, but I prefer the experience of a hot cup of coffee.

I am a coffee snob.
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    edited December 2013
    My #1 favorite is a quality single-origin prepared in vacuum press,

I'm also a coffee snob.
  • rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292
    how i drink my coffee depends on how good the coffee is...
    good coffee is drunk black & extra-strong (hopefully)...
    something along the lines of Folger's (quantity over quality, anyone?) is made w/ a little sugar & milk...
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    The cheapest coffee I can make, and drink it black. I don't have time for sugar and milk shenanigans
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    A strong, dark coffee but be careful not to over-roast the beans or you will get that awful burnt flavor. If you don't have a roaster at home then buy your beans in bulk and keep them stored in a sealed, dry container so that you can grind them yourself for use in your own French press (the only way to drink coffee). I don't use sugar in my coffee any more; however, the rare times I do it must be "raw"--none of that pasty refined stuff, thank you very much. Sugar or no, my preference is a half-teaspoon of either half&half or, ideally, condensed or evaporated milk; this is not enough to make the coffee light but it will make it a little mirky. Where most people make a mistake with coffee is at the very first--you really should start with either spring water or water that has been through a charcoal filter and preferably reverse osmosis to remove unwanted flavor. Not that you would normally drink coffee from a clear cup but the end result should be opaque yet clear (at least until the condensed milk has been added).
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    Yeah.. don't need to think that other guy Clowney is paid to drink the same coffee, to enjoy it. Or that other Daemon. yeah.. what else? ^^ //
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Cortado.

Im afraid the list isnt very representative for coffee flavours in Norway at least. Why isnt there black cofee even?
  • StuckinMudStuckinMud Member Posts: 45
    It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    edited December 2013
    Bah, nothing can beat the good old cuppa.