Skip to content

The Bhaalspawn Journals - Roleplaying Multiplayer Game

HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
These are the records of the Maeglin of Candlekeep, the Child of Bhaal and the One Foretold... And his companions in his adventures across the Sword Coast.

This is a roleplay focused Multiplayer Game, which we are more or less treating as 'online D&D'. It began with @Heindrich1988, @ChildofBhaal599, @Liberelli, @Sonarch and @SquareTin. It has been tricky to set up and involved much trials and tribulations to keep the Demons of Connectivity at bay. The heroes may be yet fall to the ravenous forces of Unstable Connection, Bugs and Real Life Distractions... but as long as there are those willing to brave those and other unforeseen perils ahead, Maeglin's story, and that of his companions, may go far yet... Perhaps all the way to the Throne of Bhaal...

The journals below are written in character from the perspective of the character in question. Given the sheer amount of content in the game, no one character's journal will cover everything, different characters will naturally focus on different events, depending on their role in them, and no single character can provide a fully complete and objective account of the experiences and events surrounding the company of Maeglin, the Bhaalspawn of Candlekeep. Differences of opinions, even memories of events, will differ. And that's by design. (Mostly!)

CURRENT PARTY

Maeglin, Fighter/Thief lv 9/11

Player: ChildofBhaal599

Kang, Sorcerer lv 11

Player: Heindrich1988

Donathal, Dwarven Defender => Cleric lv 7/10

Player: Sonarch

Andre, Jester lv 12

Player: Liberelli

Viconia, Cleric lv10

Player: @Viconia_DeVir‌

FORMER COMPANIONS

Minsc, Ranger lv1

Player: Sonarch
Fate: Fell in battle at the Gnoll Stronghold.

Olias, Cleric lv 1

Player: SquareTin
Fate: Left party at Nashkel.

Imoen, Thief

Fate: Arrested by Cowled Wizards

Yeslick, Fighter/Cleric

Player: Viconia_DeVir‌
Fate: Fell in the final battle against Sarevok.

Valygar, Stalker

Fate: Disintegrated by cannibal halfling mage in Planar Sphere.

RELOADS

1) Kang impetuously lead the group down the High Way, running straight into a group of Kobolds. Two strays arrows hit and killed him instantly.

2) Maeglin killed by a Polar Bear near the Gnoll Stronghold.

3) Maeglin killed by Gnoll slasher/veteran after being forced to step up following the fall of Minsc and Donathal

4) Maeglin attempts to assassinate the Gnoll Chieftan holding Dynaheir prisoner. Unfortunately he is caught and killed in brutal fashion.

... Too many to count... gave up shortly after starting list. :p
Post edited by Heindrich on
CrevsDaakLemernisBelgarathMTHBlackravenLiberelliDarkchanter

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited December 2013
    it would be awesome, actually, if you wrote from the perspective of Andre, our Bard. would make for an interesting tale in this thread from his perspective, and makes a lot of sense :)
    booinyoureyes
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited December 2013
    Introducing:

Maeglin

Name: Maeglin
    Class: Fighter/Thief
    Race: Half-Elf
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Strength: 15
    Dexeterity: 18
    Constitution: 15
    Intelliegnce: 11
    Wisdom: 10
    Charisma: 11

Biography:

During one of Gorion's regular trips to Baldur's Gate to acquire another great tome of value for Candleleep Library, his coin-bag was snatched from under his very eyes by a fast moving figure, darting in and out in an instant. Maeglin would have likely got away with the crime had Gorion not immediately cast Hold Person to stop the thief. When he confronted the criminal, Gorion was astonished to find that it was a young half-elf boy no more than five or six years old, and clearly malnourished and desperate. Taking pity on Maeglin, who explained that his elven mother had been murdered and his human father had abandoned him, Gorion took the boy to Candlekeep, where safety and refuge might offer the precocious young half-elf a chance to use his undoubted resourcefulness and talents in a life away from crime.

Though grateful for Gorion's generosity and compassion, who loved him like a father, Maeglin struggled with the strict rules and discipline of Candlekeep. He had grown accustomed to taking what he needed and had little concept of property, etiquette and law, nor any patience for books and study. So despite being a few years older than him, Maeglin soon found himself being forced to attend the same classes as Kang, who took to books and learning like Maeglin with the sword and bow, which he eagerly learnt from any Watcher willing to teach him. The two boys had little in common and clashed on more than one occasion over minor disputes. Kang clearly disapproved of Maeglin's disregard for order and rules, not to mention his unkempt hair and dirty clothes. Maeglin resented Kang's stuck-up attitude and the apparent favouritism he received, despite both of them sharing the fate of being orphans taken in by Candlekeep.

After a particularly painful punishment for stealing food from Winthrop's kitchen, Maeglin nearly resolved to run away from Candlekeep and return to a solitary and independent life beyond the walls that sometimes felt like his prison. But each time he toyed with the idea, he found himself unable to leave behind the only home he had and those he loved the most; Gorion and Imoen.

Imoen arrived at Candlekeep as yet another orphan, shortly after Kang in fact. She too shared Kang's love of books and learning, as well as an intelligence and wit that was his match. However, Imoen harboured a rebellious and mischievous side that quickly made her Maeglin's natural side-kick in his pranks, stunts and escapades. He was bewitched by the the charm and wit of the precocious girl, and felt an instinctive bond to her that he could not explain nor fully understand.

Maeglin's happy, if somewhat troubled young life was turned upside down on the night Gorion knocked at his door, and told him to pack his possessions and prepare provisions for leaving Candlekeep the very next morning. For weeks prior Gorion had seemed deeply concerned about something, and worried about Maeglin in particular. By the time the moon reached its full grandeur the following night, Maeglin would begin to learn why...

CrevsDaakBelgarathMTH
    edited December 2013
    Introducing:

Andre the Magnificent

Name: Andre Delcourt the Magnificent
    Class: Jester
    Race: Half-Elf
    Strength: 12
    Dexeterity: 17
    Constitution: 10
    Intelliegnce: 16
    Wisdom: 10
    Charisma: 18

Biography:

Born in the realm of Halruaa, Andre Delcourt, or Andre the Magnificent, as he came to call himself, was until recently an apprentice to a powerful sage called Carsa. This 'Chosen of Mystra' was once successor to the throne of Halruaa, but had fallen in disgrace and was deposed from her position of power. Instead of furthering her own quest for magical prowess, as most magi in the realm would, she accepted that her former glory would never return, and thus devoted her will and knowledge to the development of her student Andre.

He had not been born, like most children of Halruaa, with the gift of magic, and so he has had to prove himself time and again to both his peers and masters alike. His devotion was often not enough to convince them however. Having spent most of his days either buried in books, or travelling with his mistress in search of powerful artefacts, Andre had acquired an extensive knowledge of all things magical and unnatural. This lust for knowledge would prove his most redeeming trait, for he was not known for his serious, or dependable nature.

It had been almost ten years since he entered Carsa's service and not two weeks ago, the time finally came for his last initiation rite. He would become a fully fledged mage. Despite what many would claim back home, Carsa deemed him worthy.

Since they were quite far from home at the time, the final rite of passage would take place in Waterdeep, where Andre would be don a cloak that signified his ties to both Halruaa and Mystra. They were but a day's ride from their destination, when just past the town of Daggerfall, they were ambushed by a roving band of raiders. Andre was knocked unconscious before he could act, and when he woke up, he found himself alone in the wilds, bruised and battered. No mistress, no raiders, and no cloak to don.

After a short day of recuperation, Andre set forth, still wounded, to find Carsa and continue along his destined path of magical greatness. Two weeks he searched, and the only conclusive news he found, led him south along the Sword Coast, which was rumoured to be plagued by bandits and raiders of all kinds.

It was as good a place as any to start his search...
    CrevsDaakBelgarathMTH
    Introducing:

Donathal Shielddigger

Name: Donathal Shielddigger
    Class: Dwarven Defender
    Race: Dwarf
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Strength: 17
    Dexeterity: 15
    Constitution: 17
    Intelliegnce: 14
    Wisdom: 12
    Charisma: 9

Biography:

Donathal Shielddigger belonged to a race of shield dwarves whose clan name was Loadbeard. He lead a sheltered life, as much as "sheltered" could be applied in a dwarven context. This means that Donathal never actually visited the "surface world", preferring a quiet life in the clan's deep underground hold while other more adventurous members of his clan did the trading and necessary interaction with the outside world. His meticulousness and dedication to following the rules, keeping count of supplies and checking the structural integrity of his underground retreat, as well as mapping all the passageways on a daily basis earned him the title of "overseer" amongst his peers.

One day, on one of his inspections of the upper mines, the earth shook and there was a cave-in. Poor Donathal thought that he was buried alive. Now, in moments of doubt, Donathal would always turn to his religious teachings. "Moradin, the Soul Forger created the dwarves from iron and mithril on the forge of the fires at the center of the Earth.": he remembered "I shan't be stopped by mere dirt!". So, with his trusty shield he dug and he dug. The time went on and he lost all sense of direction when suddenly he made an opening and fresh, sweet air poured in. His joy turned quickly to horror, however, as he passed through it and looked up. ¨WHERE is the CEILING?!¨: he cried out. Above him he was greeted by a sparkling starry sky.

Now our story would have ended then and there if Donathal had any experience navigating the surface world, but this weird cycle of light and dark kept confusing and disorienting him. This led him to always pick the wrong road, and much to his dismay, bringing him further and further from his clan.

Totally lost, Donathal concluded that it would be best to ask for directions. He was wary on how to communicate with the excessively tall beings all around the surface. Tall, no doubt, because of a lack of a ceiling to keep them to the PROPER size.

Remembering Moradin's teachings for dealing with other races: "Dwarves should regard NO race as greater than themselves!", Donathal was careful to maintain an arrogant and haughty attitude to the passing strangers. However this did not help to find his way back to clan Loadbeard. Those people who genuinely wanted to help never even heard of a dwarven clan named Loadbeard. He was beginning to lose hope when a traveler pointed out: "You should visited Candlekeep! The greatest library in all the Realms! Surely, they might find what you're lookin' for!".

So a lost dwarf went to find directions to his lost clan in the halls of Candlekeep...
    CrevsDaakBelgarathMTH
    edited December 2013
    Introducing:

Sima Kang

Player: Heindrich1988

Name: Sima Kang
    Class: Sorcerer
    Race: Human
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Strength: 12
    Dexeterity: 14
    Constitution: 14
    Intelliegnce: 18
    Wisdom: 12
    Charisma: 16

Biography:

It was sixteen years ago when Gorion happened upon the aftermath of a ruthless bandit attack upon a Shou-Lung trade mission on the road between Beregost and Baldur's Gate. There were no survivors except a young baby boy, no older than perhaps two years, alone and crying amongst the blood and bodies of the fallen. For reasons unknown, Gorion rescued the child, and instead of giving him to one of the benevolent churches of the region, decided to raise the boy as his own son.

From a young age the boy, whom Gorion named Kang, exhibited remarkable magical potential, but Gorion, despite being an experienced mage of some repute himself, strictly forbade him from the study of magic, telling Kang that "it is for the best and when you are old enough, I will explain."

Although Kang loved his adoptive father for saving his life and providing a comfortable and mostly happy childhood, he could not help but harbour some resentment for what he saw as Gorion's overbearing control. Kang largely respected the strict rules of his fortress-library home of Candlekeep, but an insatiable curiosity and hunger for the fantastic power that Gorion and other mages possessed drove him to secretly seek out tomes on the arcane, and more than once he had been caught spying on Gorion or other mages practising their spells.

Perhaps as a sign of his innate magical talent, without ever receiving formal instruction, young Kang had already mastered simple spells to generate bolts of energy resembling Magic Missiles, and learnt how to put dogs to sleep with a simple muttered charm.

As of yet, Kang's respect for the traditions and rules of Candlekeep, and love for Gorion, has meant that he has resisted the urge to try his sleep charm on the Candlekeep Gate Watchers and run away from home, but his heart is filled with an eager urge to leave his childhood behind and explore the world beyond its safe but confined walls.

It as as he fantasized about that freedom when Gorion suddenly knocked on his door, his face grave and concerned, like Kang had never seen before...

ChildofBhaal599CrevsDaakBelgarathMTH
  • SquareTinSquareTin Member Posts: 30
    edited December 2013
    Heyy guys... Damn I'm sorry. Haven't had internet for the last few days, due to problems with the ISP! Where are we up to and when are we meeting next!?

EDIT: Wow @Heindrich1988 Great job with this thread!
    CrevsDaakBelgarathMTH
    SquareTin said:

Heyy guys... Damn I'm sorry. Haven't had internet for the last few days, due to problems with the ISP! Where are we up to and when are we meeting next!?

EDIT: Wow @Heindrich1988 Great job with this thread!

ah lol good to see you :)

we got to nashkel and took minsc to go to the gnoll fortress. with you back we will have to get olias back, though we would have for a cleric anyway! :)
  • SquareTinSquareTin Member Posts: 30
    Sorry for the inconvenience, maybe I can tweak my backstory to be in the gnoll fortress or something :) The one I originally had wasn't exactly exciting anyway :)
    SquareTin said:

Sorry for the inconvenience, maybe I can tweak my backstory to be in the gnoll fortress or something :) The one I originally had wasn't exactly exciting anyway :)

we took you all the way up to minsc :)
    edited January 2015
    the journal of Maeglin!

edit: i realize a lot of my early journals were not quite of the best quality, and I ended them early when I realized this and I got a bit more busy with other things. I don't intend to change them, but I intend to do better now that I am going to try to resume them.

entry 1- Just another day, but then is it? As I was doing my chores, Gorion pulled me aside and told me to gather my things to leave immediately! He gave me coin and sent me off to the inn to buy gear. The most he would tell me is that "You know what you will need." What does this mean? I think I got the point though and bought some weapons for travel and food. I also made my run around the inn seeing what the nobles had in possession, and found a pretty star sapphire, worth fortunes! Well I will be gone in a moment and I doubt anybody will find me where I am going!

entry 2- No longer in candlekeep, I am writing from the friendly arm inn tonight. I was surprised to find out that Kang would be joining me on this journey! He's always despised me, but what is so important to have Gorion worried and taking us with? Well, we were ambushed in the forest outside candlekeep. Gorion was brutally murdered as we ran. Gorion told us to run, but I feel terrible! How could I leave him like that! There was a huge armored figure, he looked like no ordinary man! I met with Imoen in the morning as I made my way out of a small cave I hid in for the night. Imoen informed me that she knew what would happen, but she had been too late to help. Kang was also found a short distance away, having lost each other during our escape. Or maybe he hadn't lost me but hid from me, but it makes no difference. We shortly ran into three others: the dwarf Donathel, the bard Andre, and our own tutor Olias! The dwarf lays constant insults on my own race, and why would we need a bard! I do not like them one bit. But then here we are, together in a room at the friendly arm. Not so friendly if I recall all of our arguments in the short journey here. We came because because Gorion told me to meet Jaheira and Khalid here, who tell us of the iron shortage and Nashkel mines. Somehow, it may be related to the assassins that are after me. I also have taken a liking to these golden pantaloons. They are quite cozy.

entry 3- Today I have felt the cold grasp of death! We arrived in Beregost when we met the bard Garrick, who brought us to Silke. Silke was hired us as mercenaries to save her from mercs sent by a rival, but she was clearly lying and we switched sides. In the ensuing fight, however, I was badly wounded by a magic missile. In this time we've even met another assassin in this inn. Maybe we should have chosen a different inn? At least I got to meet with the town's blacksmith, an expert. He crafted me a mask to hopefully hide my identity. I only hope it works so that I may have more of a chance out here, where assassins try and kill me left and right. I like it though, and it is good protection for the next time a magic missile just soars at me like that! Tomorrow we continue to Nashkel, and hopefully some kind of truth.

entry 4- the roads were not too tough. We did run into some flaming fist accusing us of being bandits. I may be a thief, but I am no bandit, and my targets have no need of everything they possess! Nobles are so snooty, they wouldn't even help a poor child in need of coin. Yet another assassin was waiting for us in yet another inn. Maybe we shouldn't go into inns! But then it is always a good time to update this journey, that should I die my tale may be known. I fear death. The death of me or the death of Imoen, even Kang and these two strangers. I may not get along with them, but deep down I care to see us through with these assassins and on with our lives, not deep down in a hole. Then again, that is exactly where Donathel will be when this is all over I would assume, so I guess he can go deep down in a hole if he wishes!

to be continued...
    Post edited by ChildofBhaal599 on
    BelgarathMTH
  • LiberelliLiberelli Member Posts: 170
    edited January 2014
    Here is my entry so far, probly best to 'hide' it like this to save space, i do so hate seeing endless posts :P

Andre's Journal: Account of the Sword Coast Assassin

Day one:
    - Having spent several days traveling under the cover of night, I couldn't help but notice the roads becoming increasingly dangerous. Talk of ruthless bandits and other assorted ruffians terrorizing the coastline. Iron shortages causing both economical and political distress.
    I should not tarry, and make haste south before these troubles find me once more.
    - Considered stopping in Baldur's Gate, but eventually decided against it. My presence must go unnoticed if i am to make headway in my search. Continuing south, toward a place called Candlekeep.

Day two:
    - Met a questionable group of supposed adventurers, just outside the gates of Candlekeep, recovering from a grand battle that tore me from my slumber during the night.
    An imposing armored figure, and his fellow unsavory compatriots, tackled a mage of great power, and i was lucky enough to witness it in full!
    Two of these travelers were apparently wards of the mage in question, who, unfortunately, found himself on the wrong end of the mystery warrior's blade.
    - Since they had plans to move southward as well, I offered my services to them, so as not to have to travel alone.
    I told them only my name and proffesion, that should suffice for now.

Day Four:
    - It would seem this thief 'Maeglin' is plagued not only by assassins, but foul dreams and premonitions as well. I cannot place it, but he and his companions unsettle me for some reason.
    - We made our way to the Friendly Arm Inn. I fear for more bandit attacks the longer they stay on the road. They seem to think their dwarven mercenary will save them... I am not so easily assured, what with the number of attempts on Maeglin's life steadily increasing.

Day Five:
    - Kang was mortally wounded on the way to Beregost by two kobolds. Not entirely unexpected if I'm honest, he is not the most hardy of characters, but i begin to wonder if merely strength in numbers is good enough of late.
    - The trade town of Beregost revealed much, both of my own quest, and of the nature of my current companions. They just outright murdered a drunk in broad daylight! Surely rudeness does not warrant a punishment quite so severe.
    We also encountered a group of Red Wizards... hopefully they did not recognize me.
    - After restocking we set forth on our way to Nashkel, apparently the source of the iron crisis lays there. A most fortunate turn of events, for the last rumors of my lady's whereabouts would put her in that area.

Post edited by Liberelli on
    BelgarathMTH
    edited December 2013
    Introducing:

Olias, Scholar of Oghma

Name: Olias
    Class: Cleric
    Race: Human
    Strength: 13
    Dexeterity: 10
    Constitution: 14
    Intelliegnce: 16
    Wisdom: 17
    Charisma: 11

Biography:

A severe man of few words, Olias dedicated his life to the pursuit of knowledge, learning and the worship of Oghma, the Lord of Knowledge. It was perhaps inevitable then that Olias would be drawn into a life of scholarly pursuit in the quiet and ordered halls of Candlekeep, where Olias held the distinguished position of Senior Librarian.

Having previously shown little interest in anything beyond his books, Olias found himself drawn somehow to the orphaned boy Gorion brought home from the bandit attack sixteen years ago, and over the years became on of Kang's most important tutors in subjects ranging from history to politics and the arts.

Although frustrated by Gorion's strict rules against the study of 'real arcane magic', Kang grew to love his lessons with Olias, which satisfied his immense curioristy and fired his imagination, even if Kang could not quite understand the blind devotion Olias held for his deity. Unlike the more rebellious children of Candlekeep, Kang found the maturity and discipline of Olias comforting, and was in turn treated with obvious favouritism in contrast to Maeglin, and even Imoen, whose disarming smile and sweet words softened any hearts not made of stone.

Though Olias grew to love Kang as his favoured student, he could not shake off the feeling that there was more to the boy than meets the eye, something which Gorion seemed aware of, but was unwilling to share with Olias or other senior figures within Candlekeep.

It was thus to Olias' great surprise that Gorion came to Olias, his face grave with concern...
    "Olias my friend, my children are in great danger and I am in need of your assistance!"
    BelgarathMTH
    edited December 2013
    The Journal of Kang 1

Day 0
    Imoen and I sneaked out of Candlekeep today. She was bored of the droning lecture by Father Sigmund on the different of rock types that can be found in the Cloud Peak Mountains. For once, I agreed with her, and the old man had so nearly bored himself to sleep that I wonder if my Sleep spell worked, or if he actually did just fall asleep all by himself! Oh dear, I think Imoen is becoming a bad influence on me!

Anyway we went to the rocky beach nearby and went swimming. It was a bit dangerous to be honest, as the sea was not particularly calm, but Imoen and Maeglin jumped in without hesitation, so I could hardly just stand and watch. Oh yeah, Maeglin tagged along too. I honestly do not understand why Imoen puts up with that feral half-elf savage. It is clear he's got a thing for her, I guess I can see why, she is a pretty girl, and all the boys like her, even some of the 'monks'! But Maeglin is deluded if he thinks that he's got any hope with Imoen... She is way out of his league!

Away from the eyes of the monks and Watchers of Candlekeep, I was able to practise some magic at the beach, I think I got the hang of magic missile now! It looks a bit weird compared to what I've seen from Gorion and the other mages, but I managed to split a large boulder, so I'd say it works just fine!

Oh, one moment... somebody's at the door, I wonder if it is Imoen again...

... No. That was strange... It was Gorion. He looked awfully worried and told me to pack my things immediately. We are to leave Candlekeep at first light tomorrow. I wonder what this could be about... I wish he would tell me... I love Gorion like a father, but his secrecy drives me mad! It is like he does not trust me. He still thinks of me as a child! I am a grown man! I am a mage! And I know I could become a far greater mage than him if only he would permit me to study the arcane tomes of Candlekeep!

BelgarathMTH
    edited December 2013
    "Olias found himself drawn somehow to the orphaned boy Gorion brought home from the bandit attack sixteen years ago"

I'm curious to know why Gorion would lie to his trusted friends like that... :P
    edited December 2013
    The Journal of Kang 2

[spoiler]
    Day 1

By the Gods! What a day! What a Night! I don't know how to begin! I was purchasing supplies at Winthrop's first thing in the morning, as Gorion instructed, when I heard a ruckus nearby. I went out to investigate, and found Watchers streaming towards the Bunk House used by some of the poorer travellers passing through Candlekeep.

Apparently there was an intruder, though by the time I arrived, he had already been slain by a dwarf called Donathal. That's already two extremely unusual events in one day. A dwarf in Candlekeep and an intruder! The disturbance agitated Gorion even more, and he paid the dwarf to serve as a bodyguard insisted on magical protections before we left Candlekeep without a moment's heistation with the company of Gorion, Maeglin, myself and the dwarf. I barely had time to say my goodbyes to Imoen, who seemed to know something I didn't. I nearly blurted out how I felt about her, but I am ashamed to say I was unable to muster the courage I needed in the short amount of time I had.

As it turned out, I did not have to wait long to see Imoen again, but under the most horrible circumstances! Our company was deep in the woods east of Candlekeep when a volley of arrows announced an ambush. Gorion and Olias deflected them with their combined magics, and we were unscathed, but it soon became clear that our attackers were no mere bandits.

It was a group of ogres and men led by a giant of a man in grim-looking, and clearly enchanted, black plate armour that covered him from head to toe. Gorion seemed to recognise the danger and told, Maeglin, Olias and I to run. I am ashamed to say that in my panic, I did not argue. I did not see the moment the armoured figure killed Gorion, but I heard it. It is a memory I shall never forget.

As we hid like a helpless newborn babes, Imoen showed up. Apparently she did have an idea that somebody was after me, and followed us just encase. Frankly I am glad for her company, though I wish she could have seen me in a more heroic light.

We returned to the site of the ambush after nightfall, and after Imoen had made sure our attackers had left. Upon Gorion's shattered corpse I found a letter that raised more questions than answered.

Apparently Gorion knew this day may come. For reasons I do not know there are people after Maeglin! Gorion mentioned that we should seek out Khalid and Jaheira, his former adventuring companions, for guidance and protection, so I guess that is where we shall go.

But why would anyone be after Maeglin? He is just a stupid half-elf boy with a little talent for 'sticky fingers', if you can call such dishonourable skills a 'talent'. Frankly I don't give a damn about Maeglin. I genuinely do not understand why Gorion would bring a criminal into Candlekeep, let alone raise him as a son. I understand even less why Imoen seems somewhat attached to him. I thought it was pity, or their shared history of having to fend for themselves as young children in Baldur's Gate. But she refuses to leave him, even when being around him is clearly dangerous.

I cannot leave Imoen in such unreliable and dangerous company, so I will lend my magical talents to this haphazard group. I hope it will be enough to keep us alive. I clearly cannot rely on anyone else. If only Gorion had allowed me to study practical battle magic, I could do with Mirror Images or Stone Skin at a time like this.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention, I guess because it's not important. When we reached the ambush site, we also found the unconscious body of the dwarf, Donathal. He wasn't dead, just knocked out, and he could not even remember whether it was by a blow to the head or some kind of magic. Either way, Olias tended to his wounds and I persuaded him to stay and serve as my bodyguard. By 'persuade', I mean I paid him.

BelgarathMTH
    Liberelli said:

"Olias found himself drawn somehow to the orphaned boy Gorion brought home from the bandit attack sixteen years ago"

I'm curious to know why Gorion would lie to his trusted friends like that... :P

Well, I never made it clear that Gorion and Olias were close :P
    edited December 2013
    nvm this post, moving it to the actual thread not about the story :)
    edited December 2013
    The Journal of Kang 3

[spoiler]

Day 2

The high ways of the Sword Coast have sure become a dangerous way to travel. The much vaunted Flaming Fists were nowhere to be seen. Though my company were fortunate enough to avoid bandits, we did run into a dangerous (giant) Wolf, a predator once almost hunted to extinction, now preys on villagers and livestock with almost impunity. The dwarf showed some courage in bravely taking on the beast head on, but I think it was an arrow from Imoen that finished the creature. Maeglin claimed he shot the killing arrow, but I am inclined to believe my own eyes.

Shortly after the encounter, we ran into a half-elf claiming to be from the distant land of Halruua. I would not have believed him if not for the distinctly Halruuan robes and decorative jewellery he wore, for unlike the Halruuans I've read about, this man was no mage, but rather a 'bard'. He calls himself Andre the Magnificent. A grand title for a half-decent singer and swordsman. He claimed he had some mastery of magic, and studied under a famous Halruuan mage he was trying to find, but given that I am a superior mage without any magical instruction, I find that hard to believe. Regardless, Andre seemed a pleasant fellow, and perhaps one day I shall give him my journals so that he may write an epic ballad to celebrate my adventures, power and heroism!

We arrived at the Friendly Arm Inn just as night fell, hoping to find refuge, a warm meal and hospitality. And I thought that's what we found when a kindly looking man greeted me at the steps to the fortress-like inn. However, the moment I confirmed Maeglin's identity, he attacked.

The assassin was a spellcaster of some ability, but I was the stronger. My company assisted of course, but mostly just to keep the assassin distracted as I retreated. From a safer distance I tried out my Magic Missile for the first time on something alive. It was gloriously effective, opening a wound in the assassin's chest large enough to put my fist into it! Haha! Not bad for a first attempt at using magic in a real battle! Oh yeah, of course Maeglin once more tried to make it look like he had killed the assassin, no doubt to impress Imoen, and pointed to the arrows planted in the man's side. However, I am certain the massive bleeding wound courtesy of my magic was much more impressive!

BelgarathMTH
    edited December 2013
    due to connection issues and attempting to fix them, this will now actually be the adventures of Maeglin, as I have the easiest time hosting. I will rewrite my previous journal then edit this post with the new journal.

oh and don't worry about the whole Imoen thing, as Bhaalspawn I will have to call it off in BG2. no incest in here, no sir! :)

[spoiler] entry 5- we appear to be quite distracted now. We arrived in Nashkel already, but we soon met a funny ranger with his animal companion, a miniature giant space hamster named Boo. The man asked us to help him recover his kidnapped witch, and we agreed. I'll admit it was a terrible plan! Why do we think we are adventurers anyway? luckily this expedition is over and we have returned, but we lost both Minsc and Donathal in the fighting, and we all left there bloodied and weak. In the end I was left to take on the monsteres head on! I grabbed our plate armor and went straight up with my sword, as they behind me stayed stuff and I took many blows! I mean who else would take up such a position. Surely not Kang, the cowards, and Imoen was for a time but I couldn't bare to see her hurt further. Closing in on the pits I decided it was best to leave the armor there as I snuck to Dynaheir to make a good plan for our already weaken party to succeed. We struck a killing blow to what appears too be have been the leader and they scattered, while we got Dynaheir out of captivity and returned to our fallen. I think the warrior Minsc will be fine, he is a big man and much more capable than us. Surely the group has realized my own skill today, wherever that may have come from, as we had a toast upon returning to the inn.

the trip back was fine, and we are now back in nashkel, safe and sound. i continue to have dreams in the night during this trip, having started with the night I last wrote. So much death and destruction are in these dreams, it feels like I am different. I have seen and felt the suffering of death in this short time, and I am not accustomed to such. It was always safe in candlekeep until that day a week ago, when we were driven out by assassins. however there is also so much to see in this world! we stood by a waterfall, the wonderous sight. I feel like Kang is trying to make a move on Imoen at these times, but he will learn that it is not to be. We are thieves, he is some mage wannabe who was never even allowed to practice his craft in the walls of candlekeep! surely he thinks to highly of himself!

with our safe return, we intend tomorrow to check out the carnival, where Andre hopes to meet his mage tutor. i find him a respectable man but I still do not see the value in him being here anyway. we are not on some grand adventure that he might be rich from the telling of! all he is getting is the story 2 rogues and their group killing little xvarts and kobolds, then an assassins here and there. i suspect tomorrow he will be saying his goodbyes if we find this person. I think this is a good thing. I don't need to be written into some tale to be told through the ages anyway! i will just be done with these assassins and move on with my life on the outside of candlekeep. maybe one day i will be a rich man, ready to live out his days with the money of those other rich families, and be able to return to candlekeep with a tome of great value. maybe one day I will be able to confess to Imoen? God I am such a coward! We will see.
    BelgarathMTH
    edited January 2014
    The Account of the Sword Coast Assassin continues:

Day Six:

- The bandit menace hasn't plagued us directly but we have been suspected of banditry twice now before reaching Nashkel. Not to mention another bounty hunter came to claim the assassin's head, the reward is increasing, makes me wonder if the dwarf's stipend will be enough to ensure his loyalty.
    - Some random berserker was clamoring for help in town, in an attempt to rescue his witch. Much as i wished to see my own mistress again, i could not in good conscience disagree with the sorcerer's urge to help. It did however lead to disaster yet again, for our front line, it seemed, had no notable combat experience at all, and forced us to return to the temple twice, to tend their wounds.

Day Eight:

- Pointless injuries and companions aside, we did manage to do some good today regardless. We saved a lovely dryad from two familiarly ignorant brutes, ended up saving the aforementioned witch, despite losing our benefactor in battle, and we even encountered a devil, of all things. Some of our less learned fellows seemed to think it was a demon however. A demon... on its way to the nine hells... I tend not to argue with stupid people, so I left them to it.
    - I am getting a distinct feeling my compatriots do not appreciate my skillset. My offers of assistance end up ignored and it seems they'd rather pay a priest to give them information I could give for free. Their loss I suppose. Tomorrow, i may finally save my fair lady, if Tymora is with us.
    BelgarathMTH
    @Dee out of curiousity, what other categories might such a thread belong? challenges and playthroughs maybe? this isn't neccessarily us asking for a multiplayer game, so I wondered if there were a place with more traffic?
    BelgarathMTH
    The Journal of Sima Kang 4

[spoiler]

Day 3

I nearly died today! I don't know what we pay that dwarf for! He somehow allowed me to lead at the head of the party. I am sure it will be no problem once I can figure out how to summon Mirror Images or the other magical protections I have read about, but right now I am wearing robes, whilst he is clad in heavy plate armour!

Anyway we ran straight into a Kobold ambush, and I was struck by two arrows! I have never felt so much pain! I passed out, and by the time I woke, the battle was long over. Olias had tended to my wounds and healed them magically, so no last harm was done, but it was another warning, as if I needed one, of just how dangerous it is to be around Maeglin these days.

Day 4

I won two great victories today!

We had barely arrived in Beregost when a cute girl with elvish features approached me, her face full of fear and worry. She said her name was Neera, and that she was being harassed by a group of 'magic bandits'. These bandits turned out to be Red Wizards to Thay! Thankfully Neera is a powerful, if unreliable, mage in her own right, and she somehow banished the leader of the Red Wizard group somewhere with a spell I have never seen, or even read about. After that the mercenaries hired by the Thayans attacked without question, and we were forced to defend ourselves, as much as Neera. My Sleep spell worked a charm, knocking out most of the enemy, allowing my companions to finish off incapacitated foes with ease.

Although Neera's charms are undeniable, I knew it would be foolish to keep her in our company. Maeglin is already being hunted by unknown assassins, the last thing we'd want is to have the Red Wizards on our trail too! Besides, as much as Neera tickled my fancy, my girl is Imoen. If only Imoen realised that...

Anyway that was only my first victory of the day! Around dusk, Maeglin, driven by greed as usual, hired out the services of our company to a travelling bard by the name of Silke, apparently of some local fame, who wanted some body guards to protect her from 'thugs'. However, when these 'thugs' arrived, it was clear that they were just a group of merchants Silke intended to double-cross, and use us as the implement of her treachery!

Thankfully my companions were not stupid enough to fall for Silke's deception, and with her cover blown, she attacked, and quickly demonstrated her magical prowess, felling Maeglin and Donathal Magic Missiles. I had not yet recovered following the battle against the Red Wizards, but thankfully I had an Arcane scroll of Magic Missiles, and correctly cast it at Silke, striking her with three bolts of energy that killed the devious woman instantly.

The day's drama was not quite over. As we headed to the Feldpost Inn to rest for the night, Maeglin got in a fight at the bar with a local called Marl. I didn't intervene, but the dwarf stepped in crushed Marl's skull with his hammer. Most barbaric indeed.

BelgarathMTH
    The Journal of Sima Kang 5

[spoiler]

Day 5

Another day, another assassin. We arrived in Nashkel in the evening after a long day of travel, during which we were nearly attacked by idiotic Amnish border guards who mistook us for bandits.

We went to the only Inn of note in the town, only to be beset by a female assassin by the name of Neira, a cleric of some dark deity surely. She summoned entangling vines that made a mess of the tavern and made it nearly impossible for the warriors in our company to close on her as she singled out Maeglin.

I tried my Sleep spell on her, but rather disturbingly she was unaffected. Thankfully she had clearly not expected Maeglin to be travelling with such a company, and we overwhelmed her by force of strength and numbers.

Day 6

Maeglin's directionless 'leadership', if you can call it that, was on full display today. We ran into an idiot giant of a man who literally talked to his hamster! I mean I could not make this up! Somehow the oaf from Rasheman persuaded Andre and Maeglin to help rescue his 'witch' from a Gnoll Stronghold. Andre obviously saw it as some sort of 'Damsel in Distress' tale he can write ballads about, and I have no given up trying to understand Maeglin's motivations.

Olias had the sense to stay behind to investigate the Iron Crisis in Nashkel, and if I had better sense, I would have stayed with him, but I could not bare to leave Imoen with him. For whatever reason, she also insisted on going to help this Minsc and his witch, Dynaheir, and so I pretended to be enthusiastic too, if only for her benefit. Oh sweet Immy, you are so naive and idealistic, I suppose that's why I love you so... but I fear it's gonna get both of us killed one of these days!

Anyway, here I am sleeping rough under the stars, off on a mad quest to save a witch who may not exist, in the company of thieves and lunatics... and of course, Immy.

Day 7

I guess I should not be surprised that Maeglin's incompetence would lead us into disaster.

The 'ranger' Minsc spotted a Winter Wolf, a monster of legendary ferocity and power. Yet somehow, he thought it would be a good idea to tame it!

The crazy thing was, I think he succeeed! At least for a moment, because in the next moment, Maeglin fired an arrow at the beast, inciting it into a frenzied attack that soon overwhelmed Donathal and Minsc. My sleep magic was useless against the Winter Wolf, but thankfully a hail of arrows and bullets wounded the creature enough for me to take it down with a Magic Missile.

Our 'rescue mission' was over before it even began. I write once more from the Nashkel Inn, Minsc and Donathal are being tended to by Olias and the priests at the temple here... incredibly, Maeglin is determined that we set out for the Gnoll Stronghold again tomorrow! I can't seem cowardly infront of Imoen, so I agreed. But this feels like a suicide mission.

If somebody finds my journal in the bloody remains of a gnoll camp... know that I died for love! Oh foolish love!

BelgarathMTH
    edited December 2013
    The Journal of Sima Kang 6

Day 8

Well... it turns out the Gnoll Stronghold and the Witch Dynaheir were more than just the imagination of a brute with too many blows to the head.

Turns out the Gnolls had taken over an ancient fortress long since abandoned by whomever built it. With a combination of stealth and surprise, we launched our assault after Maeglin sneaked into the fortress alone to confirm that Dynaheir did in fact exist and that she was still alive. I must say, as much as I hate to admit it, I was impressed that Maeglin managed to sneak past so many gnolls into the heart of the fortress to locate Dynaheir, and allow us to plan a detailed and decisive surprise attack.

We fell upon the Gnolls with the fading light. Attacking the part of the fortress where we knew Dynaheir to be held. Minsc worked himself into a fearsome frenzy, slaying gnolls with each blow of his mighty sword, and when it broke, smashing them with his great fists. Behind him, Donathal fought with shield and hammer, whilst the bard, Andre, demonstrated remarkable speed and athleticism as he darted in and out of the melee, confusing the enemy. Imoen and Maeglin supported the warriors with bow fire whilst I lent magical support with Magic Missiles and Sleep.

Despite the element of surprise, the sheer number of gnolls began to overwhelm us. I could not find any more reserves of magical energy and Minsc collapsed in a bloody mess, his wounds overtaking him as his berserker rage faded. Donathal fell soon after, his proud beard ran red with blood. At a time of such peril, Maeglin bravely stepped up to face the gnolls in hand-to-hand combat, allowing Imoen, Andre and I to carry the fallen to the relative safety of some nearby caves.

In the cave we tended our wounds, I gathered what magical energy I had, prepared what scrolls that remained, and planned another attack. We were now too far from Nashkel and there was little hope of escaping the Gnoll Stronghold unless we could cause sufficient chaos to escape undetected. Our only hope was to slay the Gnoll Chieftan, and hope the ensuing power struggle would give us a chance to rescue Dynaheir and make our escape.

Perhaps for the first time since our company formed, we fought as a coordinated unit. Imoen and Maeglin used their years of experience in stealth and camoflage to advance undetected into ideal firing positions, springing the attack. Andre joined his bow to theirs, before switching to a blade as the Gnolls attacked. With the last of my energy, I used Sleep magic to make a way straight towards the Gnoll Chieftan and his veteran guards, before using the last Magic Missile scroll I had to blast the vile beast to a smouldering mess with the power it contained.

With their leader slain, the Gnolls lost all sense of organisation and courage, and fled in confusion and chaos, making them easy prey for the bows of Imoen, Maeglin and Andre.

With the way to Dynaheir cleared, Maeglin broke into her cell and freed her from her chains. We retreated back to the cave where we left Minsc and Donathal. The Rashemian warrior was at death's door, there was nothing we could do for him, but Dynaheir refused to give up hope on him, and carried her fallen comrade away on a horse the gnolls probably planned to devour. Our own company headed back, battered, bruised and bleeding back to Nashkel. But with the gratitude of the Rasheman witch, Dynaheir, in our ears.

BelgarathMTH

@Dee out of curiousity, what other categories might such a thread belong? challenges and playthroughs maybe? this isn't neccessarily us asking for a multiplayer game, so I wondered if there were a place with more traffic?

Actually, I think you are right. This seems to have more in common with the "Challenges and Playthroughs" section of the forum. I'll move it now.
    BelgarathMTH
    edited January 2014
    Maeglin - Fighter/Thief - lvl 2/2

[spoiler] entry 6- I almost do not feel like writing today. The wounds hurt physically and emotional. Of course we visited the carnival and Andre had asked to find his mistress. We found Carsa in a tent with a mad mage, and the man slew her right quick before I could react! His mirror image confused us all, and I could not find out which to hit as he flew more and more spells! The sent a magic horror through our minds and we panic, even as I wish I could control myself I couldn't. First he slew Kang, then our newest member Branwen, then Donathal. I began to feel calm, as did Andre, and we put a stop to it right quick.

He is... quite sad about the way things went down in the tent. His mistress was too far gone for revival at a priest, and all we could do was take some things to remember her by. Imoen and I mostly stayed quiet on the walk back to town, as did Andre. Now we have Kang doing nothing but trying to bring up what happened in the battle! I swear he needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut sometimes!

entry 7- Andre does not seem to be feeling particularly better today. Kang continued to bring up the issue, despite his silence and my trying to keep his mouth shut. I can at least respect that he is going through a lot right now! Andre may be the most respectable person in the group beyond Imoen and I, and I think I am ok with letting him tag along. I may have no use for a bard, but he has proven himself to have combat skills as well, and that is what I need!

When we arrived at the mines we ran into a fellow named Prism. We knew he had a bounty, though to be honest we actually turned it down. He stole some emeralds to make a statue to his love, but I bet those emeralds were replaceable. However it was not so easy when the merc greywolf showed up, with a heavily enchanted sword that sent shivers into it's victim. We lost Don and Immy today, but they are ok back at the tavern with us again. We will return tomorrow to do what must be done in the mines. I sure do hope that I find the answers I am searching for.

entry 8- Today we killed the leader of what was happening in these mines. What was he leading? Kobolds! They were quite the shot with a bow, but they never saw me coming behind there back to quickly slice there heads off! Imoen and I led today, clearing traps and silently killing kobolds. I write this in the mine, as we rest in Mulahey's room down in the depths of the mine.

Unfortunately, I didn't find what I was looking for here either. There was nothing to show that I have any kind of link to what is happening with the iron crisis. What did Jaheira and Khalid think I could have in relation to these events? I am but a rebellious student of candlekeep, come out to the world but a week ago. I must find answers though. They were trusted by Gorion, and they will be trusted by me. I did find that there is a bandit camp somewhere out in the wood. Maybe I will find what I am searching for out there? I will continue to look into this crisis until I find the answers I am searching for. This sure was tiring though. We will rest here for now before leaving. Kang is already hogging the bed so I guess I will sleep on the cold, hard floor tonight. [/spoilers]
    BelgarathMTH
    The Journal of Sima Kang 7

Day 9
    Aww... my head hurts and the room spins when I try to stand up.

I don't remember much of what happened. In the morning, we set off for the Nashkel Mines, and one the way, decided to pay a visit to the carnival at the edge of town. Apparently Andre had heard rumours that his mistress, the Halruuan mage, Carsa, might be there.

The carnival held many exciting and fascinating exhibits, some of an arcane nature. I was particularly impressed with the mage who repeatedly summoned an ogre and exploded him, though after the third demonstration, the ogre some how broke from his arcane command and went on a rampage that was only stopped by the intervention of myself and my companions. I guess before I learn how to summon an ogre of my own, I should first ensure I can control it.

Anyway my companions spread out amongst the various attractions of the carnival, and I stumbled upon a mage... I don't remember much of what happened, just vague memories of a crying woman, a flash of light and then waking up back in the Nashkel Inn. Apparently the mage attacked me for some reason, and I was rescued by Imoen and the others.

Andre was visibly upset, and refused to talk when I asked whether he had found Carsa. Imoen later informed me privately that Carsa had been killed by the very mage who nearly killed me. I guess I was lucky... this has been another reminder, as if I needed it, of just how dangerous the Sword Coast has become.

My writing is barely legible... I guess I should get some more rest before the sun is up. Maeglin insists on venturing into the mines tomorrow. I have no choice but to follow if Imoen decides to support his reckless adventuring.

BelgarathMTH
    edited December 2013
    Maeglin fighter/thief 2/3

[spoiler] entry 9- The mines seem to have a secret entrance down here, which may have been what was used to get in. As we left, however, we learned that the passage was unstable, and we are now on the outside and I seem to have no idea where we are going. I am, however, looked at like a leader and need to sound like a leader, so I assure them that I know the way. I obviously don't, however, as we were met by a mountain blocking the path. It seems we should be going the other way. We are still out here, however, all because of my supposed friend Kang and his limited spells that he always needs to replenish. This is why I rather trust my sword and bow rather than magic to defend me. Seriously we have barely talked in candlekeep and he seems to be able to see me as an enemy. I have done nothing wrong, and my choices thus far have promoted good! Yes I am a thief, but I also have a conscious for those who need all they got, and a belief in the promotion of good and righting of wrongs in this world that has opened up before me. I do like the gold coming our way from the items we discover, but I also feel a satisfaction when I know good work has been done, and may not even ask for a reward. Somehow, though, I feel there is more to this satisfaction than the righting of wrong... but I just can't figure out what this feeling could be.

entry 10- I awoke screaming, waking the entire party. It was a terrible, terrible dream! I remember going through the now empty mines, where I met the leader, Mulahuy, now a spectre, standing before me with a levitating bone knife, ready for me to sink the killing blow all over again. Upon my refusal to do so, the spectre seemed... happy. At least that was before the knife flew threw the air at my heart! I awoke at that moment, sweating and screaming, and I wonder what the group thinks of this. There is still an odd voice ringing in my head, like an evil presence... you will learn! I will learn what? I am off now. I need to leave this place.

entry 11- The mountains here are treacherous, and we bleed from the blows of creatures undead and otherwise. Today, however, I have noticed an odd talent that may have helped us in this time of pain. I felt a certain, compulsion, when I saw Donathal bleeding from the wounds of a recent fight. While Branwen was out of spells, I came about and, without really knowing exactly what I was doing, closed his wounds like a priest would. How is this? Donathal and Andre call me blessed by a god, but what god would bless some thief? I am no cleric, and I have made no vows! Now we sleep in another cave, all because of Kang of course. This resting is killing me. Let me do my job, I do not need rest! Surely you could compromise and use your staff or sling more!

entry 12- *this entry is barely legible, and what is legible seems to be merely rants. Clearly Maeglin was not right in the head as he wrote his entry. It ends abruptly with a drawn line ending at the edge of the paper. It seems he passed out as he attempted to write.*

entry 13- Wow, did I write that? I must have had more to drink than I thought! Well, I am back in Nashkel after the journey in the wilderness. While we were there, though, we ran into quite a powerful all female mercenary group who asked for me by name. Of course they were assassins as upon refusing to give my name they attacked. This isn't the only attack I've had by assassins in this short time however. Upon arrival at the end, another assassins attacked us at the inn. We quickly dispatched him, and on him was a note that provided my next lead. The assassignation order came from Tazok and Tranzig, the men I know are involved with what was happening in the mine. So, I am somehow linked? There should be a camp somewhere out there where I might find them or some clues, but I do not quite know where I will find this. However much I hate to say it, the only way I can expect peace again is if I deal with this issue, and so I must infiltrate these bandits somehow. Surely I am not the greatest of combatants, having come from living at candlekeep, a mere library fortress! However, it is my only shot. I doubt the others will like my idea to search the wilderness along the coast for this camp, but it must be done! I may need to increase Donathal's wage for this job, or perhaps buy him some more drinks.

Imoen also expressed an interest to Kang that he might teach her magic. As much as I hate to say it, letting Kang get close to Imoen, I actually think it will do the group well. Imoen is an excellent archer, and despite my hate on Kang slowing us down with his magic, it won't change the fact that she is skilled enough at a bow to still be of use. Surely if she learns some illusion magic our job together may even become easier!

So I also mentioned drinks. Yes, well, let us just say that I am a simple man who was just paid 900 gold and I decided to go wild. I don't know why I would try to write the journal at that time, but some of those writings are hilarious to see, what I am thinking when I am overly intoxicated. I drank a little in candlekeep, but surely not like last night. I guess I was just in a very festive mood. While everyone enjoyed themselves Kang was off in his room after a single drink. I can't believe what a shrewd the man is. Even Imoen may have had a little bit too much! I know that I learned a lesson myself about taking up a drinking challenge from a dwarf, despite their small size! Yes, it was good times, but I think I am done writing now. I seem to have break the to them the plan. Surely I will have to make some deals to keep them with me, but I know Imoen will follow, and with that Kang. Truly I do not understand him. As we do our thieving he calls us both beggars, and asks why I would be so interested in someone as such. Yet otherwise he calls her "my dear" and flatters her. Surely she hasn't even a clue about any of us, or maybe she doesn't care. I surely have too much to worry about right now than feelings. With assassins on my tale, I need to make sure I have a tomorrow before I think about plans for tomorrow. [/spoilers]
    HeindrichBelgarathMTH
    edited October 2014
    Andre's History of encounters. Solely for reference purposes to aid in completion of our library.
    (thought this might be a nice addition, dont think i got em all, send me a pm if you spot anything i missed so far :P)
    Complete monster compendium

This is a summary of all creatures and individuals encountered by the Jester Andre and his companions on their quest to purify the sword coast. Starting in the year 1368DR.

Prime Materials:

- Humanoids (of note): Elminster(human), Khalid(half-elf), Jaheira(half-elf), Neera(half-elf), Dorn(half-orc), Mulahey(half-orc), Greywolf(human), Prism(human), Berrun Ghastkill(human), Volothamp Geddarm(human), Tenya(human*), Drizzt Do'Urden(elf), Arkushule(human), Kelddath Ormlyr(human), Minsc(human), Dynaheir(human), Sil(fey), Thalantyr(human), Bassilus(human), Shoal(nereid), Droth(ogre), Karhk(ogre), Mutamin(gnome), Melium(human), Poe(human), Shar-Teel(human), Viconia(elf), Baeloth(elf), Tazok(half-ogre), Tranzig(human), Coran(elf), Centeol(unknown), Daveorn(human), Scar(human), Alora(halfling), Quayle(gnome), Halbazzer Drin(human), Entillis Fulsom(elf), Marek(human), Lothander(human), Ragefast(human), Ramazith(human), Aldeth Sashenstar(human), Duke Eltan(human), Ulraunt(human), Tethtoril(human), Sarevok Anchev(human), Rieltar Anchev(human), Brunos Costak(half-orc), Shandalar(human), Ike(human), Hurgan Stoneblade(dwarf), Tamoko(human), Angelo Dosan(human), Cythandria(human*), Krystin(human*), Slythe(human*), Yago(human), Brielbara(human), Neb(gnome), Gorpel Hind(human), Belt(human), Liia Jannath(human), Winski Perorate(human), Semaj(human), Irenicus(elf), Ilyich(duergar), Yoshimo(human), Ulvaryl(vampire), Gaelan Bayle(human), Tolgerias(human), Xzar(human), Salvanas(elf), Nalia(human), Delcia(human), Hendak(human), Lethinen(human), Joluv(human*), Aerie(elf), Kalah(gnome), Mencar Pebblecrusher(dwarf), Sorcerous Amon(human), Smaeluv Orcslicer(half-orc), Brennan Risling(human), Baron Ployer(human*), Raelis Shai(tiefling), Rejiek Hidesman(human*), Gaal(human*), Haer'Dalis(tiefling), Merkrath(human), Meronia(human*), Lloyd(human), Valygar Corthala(human), Galvarey(human), Reyna(human*), ..

- Monsters: Air aspect, Ankheg, Basilisk, Bear(brown, black and mountain), Carrion Crawler(crypt crawler, mutated crawler), Dog, Doppelganger, Ettercap, Ghast, Ghost, Ghoul, Gibberling, Gnoll(chieftan, flind, slasher, veteran), Goblin, Half-ogre, Jelly/Ooze(fission, ochre, mustard, green, grey), Kobold, Lion, Minotaur, Ogre, Ogre-Mage, Ogrillon, Orog, Otyugh, Panther, Revenant, Sahuagin, Salamander(ice), Shadow, Sirine, Skeleton(mundane, warrior), Spider(giant, huge, (astral)phase, sword, wraith), Troll(ice, giant, spectral), Eye Tyrant(Elder Orb), Umber Hulk, Vampire, Wolf (dire, dread, vampiric, winter), Werewolf, Worg, Xvart, Yuan-Ti, Zombie,

-Constructs: Battle Horror(helmed), Golem(flesh, stone, clay, iron), Mephit Portal,

Outsiders (Outer planes):

- Natives: Ashirukuru(unknown), Durlag Trollkiller(wraith), Islanne(wraith), Carsa(unknown**),
    - Extraplanars: Albert(undisclosed Baatezu[Baator]), Kirinhale(Succubus[Abyss]), Aec'Letec(Nabassu[Abyss]), Demon Knight(Cambion[Abyss]), Warden(Cambion[Abyss]), Master of Thralls(Tanar'ri*[Abyss]), Githyanki(Astral Sea),

Elementals (Inner Planes):

- Natives: Mephit(var.)
    - Extraplanars: Doomguard(dust, neg.), Invisible Stalker(chaos), Phoenix Guard(fire*), Genie(Djinn[air]), Fire Elemental(fire), Air Elemental(air),

* Citation needed
    ** RP-bound redaction
    BelgarathMTH
    Khalid isn't human :)