Skip to content

Free copies of Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics on Gog.com

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
You need an account but anyways for the next 46 or so hours you can get a free copy of any of these games on Gog.com.

http://www.gog.com/promo/fallout_series_giveaway_winter_promo_2013
MitchforkFredjoHeindrich[Deleted User]KamigoroshiKlonoaCrevsDaakFinneousPJmlneveseiKrivetkodeltagoTheGraveDigger[Deleted User]Awong124WilburTeflon

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I braved the server crush and managed to snag these about an hour ago. Love GoG.
    elminster
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Lol yea its got a bit of a slowdown :)
  • baldrat60baldrat60 Member Posts: 43
    Excellent thanks
  • ImperatorImperator Member Posts: 154
    got the games (2 and tactics, 1 I already had), but damn if it didn't take long
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    If only I didn't already own them on GOG :O
    Night_WatchCrevsDaak
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    I own all 3 through a Fallout Collection... But they're one of those old games that have issues on modern PCs... GoG somehow manages to make them work.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    @heindrich1988 good games. i recommend!

too bad i already own them on steam, though they were on a huge sale there when i got them anyway
    Heindrich
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I paid for them... and never played them. I heard they were good for fans of BG but I was too lazy to learn the system. Now that I have much more time I kinda regret buying them then, but I still probably wouldn't play now that I have my shiny BG2EE :)
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @ChildofBhaal599 @elminster

Thanks guys! The only thing a Shou man loves more than his wife and a bargain is freebies! :D
  • Just getting a GOG account gives you a handful of free games already, including the great shoot-em-up Tyrian and Ultima IV. Also, the Ultima Underworld games are on sale today, and are worth a look. I spent many many hours playing those games in my youth. They are "dungeon crawls," but have a lot of good story packed into them.
  • jukagajukaga Member Posts: 49
    GoG is fantastic. Played them before, but it's nice to have win7 optimized digital copies on hand for when I want to play them again. Check out Freespace 2 if you like classic Wing Commander style games. The vanilla game is great and the wealth of mods for it are amazing.
    Yep played the crap out of the Freespace games myself. They are indeed awesome. :)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Ooh, shiny ones!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    elminsterCrevsDaakFredjomlnevese
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

ooo fallout tactics :D

I wonder if they're just testing how many active accounts they have XD

Sale went through - but server is dying when I try to download anything. :3

Be sure to check out that pancake recipe in Fallout 2 ;D

If they just wanted to know how many active accounts they have they've just discovered the answer is.. A LOT :)
    CrevsDaak[Deleted User]
  • BagmanBagman Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 6
    @elminster Thank you friend. You have made my day.
    elminsterCrevsDaak[Deleted User]
    Apparently Interplay loses the rights to the Fallout series on December 31st (with Bethesda getting them after that). So I imagine that has something to do with this.
    CrevsDaak
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @elminster you need an account, of course, but you can always create one if you don't have one :D
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    My problem with fallout 1 and 2 is the same problem other people have with bg:
    The interface feels really dated.
    @GOG We're very sorry, but gifting free games has been disabled, temporarily. If you want your friends to get some free goodies from us right now, feel free to share a link to our site with them.

I wonder what this is all about o.o
    elminsterCrevsDaak
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Varwulf probably trying to diminish traffic to their servers. The last thing I read in their Facebook profile is that they had doubled the amount of servers but it wasn't enough. They're quadrupling them.
    CrevsDaak[Deleted User]
    Very impressive :)
    edited December 2013
    deleted
    Post edited by elminster on
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    cool I was just checking to make sure some one pointed this out on the forum

good work elminster
    elminsterCrevsDaak[Deleted User]
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    yay!
    There goes my day off tomorrow. I guess laundry can wait till Sunday.
    [Deleted User]
    Only 24 hours left!
    [Deleted User]
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I still have the original disks of both games but was never interested in Tactics. I'll pass despite them being free. I have redundant USB backups if the disks ever fail.
    Tactics moves incredibly slowly, but it does offer some interesting elements even if it feels kind of non-canon-y :P