Skip to content

Christmas Thread 2013 - Presents for NPCs!

SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
Based on http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11202/christmas-thread-2012-your-presents-for-baldur-s-gate-npcs/p1 . I've actually been waiting all year for this, just so I can give more NPCs stuff. :3

Sooo any obscure or not-obscure Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale or Planescape: Torment NPCs or anything like that, that you want to give presents to, now's your chance!

I guess rules are probably in order for this thread. Just be nice to each other, it's a lovey huggy thread, where we dance and frolick and give fictional characters fictional items!

Let me start.

Neera gets a ring of wizardry from me! Ain't that nice, Neera, now you can cast ALL of the reckless dweomers you want!

Comments

• KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Cespenar will finally get a stale cookie from me.. he's still searching for one after all this years so I guess it'll make him very happy :)
  • AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
    Imoen gets a hamster, she wanted one in ToB.
    Hexxat gets a sunscreen, her cloak needs laundering once in a while.

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199

Flashburn said:

Wilson gets a Speak and Spell so I can understand what the hell he's saying for once.

"Rarrf." = "So, uhm, I really> don't know how to say this without rubbing you the wrong way, but I really want to talk to you about all the leather I'm seeing in your inventory... It's like... Well, I mean, would you like it if I were wearing that shirt made out of human skin?"
    I'd be like 'dude, I am wearing human skin.'
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    edited December 2013
    Edwin gets a banana, so he can give it to the "jerk" he keeps talking about.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Ajantis gets a lady of the night to help him loosen up a bit. We'll dress her up like a helmite priest for him a little too.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

@Booinyoureyes
    The sad thing is that Valygar's personality (when I ran with him) was VERY similar to Kivan's personality. I like them both myself =/

But Kivan says "grr" in a much more endearing manner
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Wasn't Cernd the one that lost his personalty?
    so,
    Nameless One lost his mortality.
    CHARNAME lost his soul.
    Aerie lost her wings.
    Cernd? He never had a personalty at all!

We can give BG2 Imoen a real soundset, the one from BG1 was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay lot better.
    @CrevsDaak I actually had Cernd first but then I edited it to Valygar cuz I just heard Cernd make fun of Edwina and I liked it.

Also your idea of giving Imoen her first soundset is awesome (though some people seem to find it annoying for some reason)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @booinyoureyes Valygar has other banters, and much more real interactions with other NPCs, but the Edwina/Cernd, it is a real reason to take Cernd for the entire game, I laughed PUF, thousand of days! It was a nice joke.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    ... Boo will take care of the details.
    Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leadS!
    "It's the most swordiful time, of the yeaaarr"
  • Dzuk5Dzuk5 Member Posts: 129
    edited December 2013
    i will cast spell of polymorfy on BOO and want to see him in form of "giant speace hamster" Speaking with minsc :D it is christmas animals speak with human vices ;P
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    So umm Pai-Na gets a neat grove outside of a city.
    Cernd gets Ja'mie King's personality.
    Centeol gets to live with Pai-Na.
    Aaand Quoningar gets some mad experience point books.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317

Cernd has a personality, but considering it mainly means "leaving wife and baby to follow his druid calling", it is understandable he makes it a secret.

I guess... Cernd's wife and child get a non-asshole husband and adoptive father.

Umm...he didn't know his wife was pregnant.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

Dazzu said:

Aerie gets some Redbull... you know what it does.

hahahahaha
    *gasp* Oh god... can't breath...only take me to a licensed cleric.
    @booinyoureyes gets, like, ressurected.
    edited December 2013
    awww, thanks Scary_Cler...erm, Wizard