Skip to content

[8828?] Resting time is sometimes too long?

sivistojkosivistojko Member Posts: 30
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
In full health I rested to recover spells and to my surprise it took 4 days to rest with "rest until healed" checked in game options. I had equipped Wong Fei's Ioun Stone that regenerates 1 hit point/round.

Also, it happened to me sometimes that resting took around 15 days...unfortunately I dont have the screen shot for that one.

In the attached file is the screen for 4 days version.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @sivistojko, don't think it is supposed to take that long, even with the rest until fully healed option enabled. Most I've had was about 1 day and a few hours. Do you have a save game from prior to resting?
  • sivistojkosivistojko Member Posts: 30
    No. I'm using the cloak of Balduran imported from BG:EE
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Cloak of Balduran would not cause the issue.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    As far as I know, the game tracks two different kinds of time. Real time, which is measured in rounds and turns, and game time, measured in hours and days.

That kind of regeneration is measured in real time, and so a few seconds spent resting will not restore your HP, since resting causes game time to advance without real time doing the same.

The same issue happens if you travel while wearing a regenerative item.
  • ErinneErinne Member Posts: 151
    @Luigirules - Nope... you have that backwards, regeneration happens in game time. If you travel with a regenerative item, you will be fully healed by the time you arrive, but if you pause the game and let real time pass, you won't regenerate anything.