Skip to content

Free copies of Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics on Gog.com

2»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    CrevsDaak
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    @typo_tilly thanks for the info
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I already have them on CDs, but I "bought" them on GOG anyway.
    11 hours left!
    [Deleted User]CrevsDaak
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I "bought" them too. Thank you @elminster.
    [Deleted User]elminster
    No problem. Anyways there is about 30 minutes left :)
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Gonna play some Fallout (1) tonight. Just installed Fallout FIXT megamod. The game looks so much better in full HD too :)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    There's one thing I've ever wondered about the Fallout universe. It is quite well established what happened in North America, China, Europe and the Middle-East. But what about Central and South America and Africa? Is there a canonical definition of what happened there? Were they badly hit by the world crisis? Were they hit by nuclear warheads as well? Or are they the last green paradises on Earth?
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    mlnevese said:

There's one thing I've ever wondered about the Fallout universe. It is quite well established what happened in North America, China, Europe and the Middle-East. But what about Central and South America and Africa? Is there a canonical definition of what happened there? Were they badly hit by the world crisis? Were they hit by nuclear warheads as well? Or are they the last green paradises on Earth?

I haven't played Fallout yet, and dunno the lore that well... But a global thermonuclear war would certainly result in a prolonged nuclear winter. Even if neutral countries survived direct nuclear strikes, they would have suffered catastrophic crop failure, climate crisis and likely breakdown of society.
  • AlmateriaAlmateria Member Posts: 257
    edited December 2013
    Nuclear warheads hit Australia, causing the entire continent to become an irradiated toxic wasteland full of mutants.
    [Deleted User]
  • AlmateriaAlmateria Member Posts: 257
    This has also happened in the Fallout universe.
    [Deleted User]
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

mlnevese said:

I haven't played Fallout yet, and dunno the lore that well... But a global thermonuclear war would certainly result in a prolonged nuclear winter. Even if neutral countries survived direct nuclear strikes, they would have suffered catastrophic crop failure, climate crisis and likely breakdown of society.
    Well a Nuclear winter is better than being hit by warheads AND the FEV virus... so Australia is out... What about South America and Africa?
    edited January 2014
    Well as expected the Fallout games (1, 2, and tactics) are no longer for sale on GoG.com. Also its apparently no longer for sale on Steam either :(

Hopefully this is all just a bunch of legal stuff

and they can be put back on sale shortly. I've enjoyed Fallout from what I've played so far :)
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I lost the promo, only saw this thread now ... :(! Tempted in resort on the dark arts to scale the odds of injustice here... but no, not for now :)!
    CrevsDaak