Skip to content

#7190 Resurrection bug on party NPCs (so far Anomen and Rasaad) BG2 SoA

RevanchistRevanchist Member Posts: 4
edited December 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
1. At one point in the game, Anomen died on me and I had to resurrect him. Once I did, he automatically said to me that we needed to see his sister with all haste. I was puzzled, since I had already completed his questline and he was already a knight. A "week" later, he randomly got angry and left the party. I double-checked and went to his house again in a prior reload to him leaving, and found nothing-triggered nothing. Now I can't use him without him leaving almost immediately. Help, Please!

2. During Rasaad's questline (the battle at the temple in SoA), he died. I won the battle- and revived him and he returned to his initial map dialogue of "how should we proceed," saying nothing on how Algoroth escaped and such. The quest entry shows nothing and when he talks the journal entry reflects what he said.

These are the only bugs I've encountered and they are game-breaking to me. Please help.
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Upload your save file and I will attempt to fix it for you. Anomen I know I can fix. I just hope I can figure out the Rasaad bit since I don't know how that questline works yet...
  • RevanchistRevanchist Member Posts: 4
    here is my current save file.
    and thank you for helping me.
    edited December 2013
    Hmm. I noticed Anomen is not actually in your party at the time. What I will do is fix Rasaad for now and then once you get Anomen back I will try to fix him.

OK. I think I have the game fixed for you, at least in terms of Rasaad. Without wanting to mess up your game too much I will let you pick Anomen back up in your own time and post an updated save with him in the party.

Also I would like to give @Gate70 a really big thank you for your help. It would have been way over my head without a reference of the correct local variables. I think I found some Anomen variables so I should be set.
    Oops, forgot to upload the file...
    CrevsDaak
    both of you, THANK YOU SO MUCH for helping me. Rasaad worked.

I am uploading Anomen's save file now.
    Ok. I think I fixed this one. Let me know if it causes problems again.
  • RorschachbgRorschachbg Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    Got the same problem with Yoshimo and Jaheira.
    Yoshimo initiated his first conversation line immediately after resurrection.
    Jaheira went back to her first speech after leaving Irenicus' dungeon (as far as I recall) half an hour later just randomly.
    Seems like I can't have any of my npc's dying, which is kind of a game breaker...

Also I encountered Tanova and her vampires again in Waukeen's Promenade (first time was in the slums) after staking her, since I'm already on my way to Spellhold...

I'm starting to think my game is broken. I don't feel like finishing it with those bugs, and I've already spent quite a lot of hours on it...