Skip to content

Your alignment is...?

2»

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Almateria I think if I kill the whole humanity by myself, I won't commit suicide after doing so, I think I won't care about much else, I would play Baldur's Gate or do something to consume my time...
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Crevs is totally chaotic lawful, imho
    CrevsDaakEudaemoniumlolien
    edited December 2013
    @booinyoureyes hahahaa, you're right, somehow, I only follow MY Laws (I have an anti-natural level of self-controlling), and I like dictating laws and making others follow them, and I won't be fair, e.g. if someone I really care about does something wrong, I won't do anything, but is someone I dislike does some thing I dislike (no matter if it is wrong or not) I would kill him.
    Anyway, I am talking about non-sense, since I do not have the power to do such things.
    booinyoureyes
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Pretty sure I'm neutral good. To put it concisely, I'm a humanist Knight in Sour Armor. It doesn't matter if something is lawful or not; as long as it helps people I'm okay with it.
    CrevsDaakChildofBhaal599lolien
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    Flashburn said:

Pretty sure I'm neutral good. To put it concisely, I'm a humanist Knight in Sour Armor. It doesn't matter if something is lawful or not; as long as it helps people I'm okay with it.

exactly! i think neutral is best because law and chaos are not always for the best in situations. sometimes on is better than the others.
    CrevsDaakFlashburn
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    I'm pretty Lawful, except when it comes to the internet and free music downloads. :P
    CrevsDaakChildofBhaal599
    @ChildofBhaal599 's WIS is like 17+, I am completely Chaotic, since, well, since the day I realized what Law meant :P
    @Nonnahswriter buy music CDs? We have internet for that. Still, in my house we have the huge array of CDs from my dad from the 90' and the vinyls from earlier times.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781

I'm pretty Lawful, except when it comes to the internet and free music downloads. :P

agreed. the price really adds up on itunes! :)
    CrevsDaak
  • Aozgolo108Aozgolo108 Member Posts: 79
    I used to think I was chaotic good, but in truth I am probably true neutral. I've come to believe that the only wrong in the world comes from extreme absolutes, nothing is inherently good or evil by design, but only in how it's used, therefore to preserve a future that allows for the greatest potential, all things must be allowed to continue in moderation.

Temperance is my only true virtue.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    When I'm looking at myself in third person perspective and through the fourth wall, I can savely proclaim that my alignment is either Chaotic Neutral with Chaotic Evil tendencies, Chaotic Evil with Chaotic Neutral tendencies, True Chaotic with Naughty Evil tendencies, or just plain Batshit Insane.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I would personaly say chaotic good, because while I do not mean any harm to others, many people might feel offended at what I say or do. For example, many people might disapprove of my approach regarding patriotism, because I am cosmopolitian. But, I am cosmopolitian because for my personal moral code being good human is much more important than being good patriot.

Further, I think I'm neither neutral (as I do care about good/evil concepts) nor evil.
    CrevsDaak said:

And, there is no Muffin option.

You truly live up to chaotic evil alignment, you monster!

CrevsDaak
  • Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    I enjoy hurting others, but limit my sadomasochism to volunteers. I have the power to take anything I like, but feel there is nothing worth taking. I am so selfish that I always act with goodness in order to keep fear at bay. I would trust a beast before man as men are unable to control the beast within themselves, they deny its existence. I am not a role player I am a man raised in the forest I am skilled with bow, blade, and bare hands... a ranger. I am A cleric only because I have studied enough to heal the foolishness of man with method and my time in battle is not my own my flesh is lost and I am thrust upon the heavens to observe the glory of the gods.
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    I think I'm chaotic neutral because I often take the selfish choice, am very self involved to the detriment of other people, and have trouble with organizing my thoughts. I am all over the place, and focus is not something that comes naturally to me. I am a hurricane of mess and ideas and chaos. I care very little for laws, because I know many are arbitrary and restrictive beyond what is reasonable, especially those concerning civil liberties. I question authority, but I believe in the potential for a good government lol. I like people for the most part, but I am so overwhelmed by my own problems that reaching out to help others is something that I don't want to concern myself with. I think I would lean chaotic good in an idealized version of myself, because I do want to change the world, but I know that in reality, my cares are far more myopic and selfish to actually be good. Being good is not a passive thing. Neutrality and Evil can be.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I'd like to be Lawful Good, but I can't seem to care enough to be either Lawful or Good.
    So true neutral it is.
  • ErinneErinne Member Posts: 151
    Not the balance-obsessed kind, the kind that doesn't give a fuck either way.
    Eudaemonium
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    I took the quiz and I was actually Lawful Evil. I prefer Chaotic or True Neutral, as it just looks more attractive, and that's usually what I play...

I also Like having the kitty as my familiar, because cmon... It's a cat and they're awesome
    CrevsDaak
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I've never done good things
    I've never done bad things
    I never did anything out of the blue ...

Lawful Neutral
    Blackraven
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    hmmm CG is more about doing good and not following the law to the letter. that or not a most peaceful way, i like to help and i LOVE arguing so this is the most relevant to me, I'm my opinion
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    Chaotic Neutral, take life as it comes and improvise. Never have a plan because you'll never follow it anyway. Follow your whims, because who knows where you'll end up.
    "Wanna help me kill an elder red dragon"
    "Sure"
    Procrastinate till the last minute and then create something awesome.
    Cast off the shackles of conformity and be free and who you are!
    WAKE UP SHEEPLE! O.k. that kinda got out of hand.
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Lawful Neutral.

I more or less just proved my alignment today. I was getting ready for an event and on the floor of the walk-in closet my roommate and I share was a tempting bundle of small bills. I gazed at it for what felt like a long time, and as I have been strapped for cash while working an unpaid internship, the desire to take it was strong. But, ultimately, I did not, and not because it would necessarily be wrong or it might hurt my friend and roommate, but because it would be not only illegal, but inevitably disruptive to the four-man apartment as a system.

I'm Lawful Neutral, and I'm proud.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    I took a quiz and it said I was Lawful Neutral.

I gotta agree with the computer. I guess I'm the scientist type. I deal in facts and numbers, logic and math. I have opinions but they mean little to me and I'm easily swayed by a sound argument. We can argue all day about right and wrong but in the end the only things we are beholden to are the laws of the universe. There is no good and evil, only cause and effect. Also, Evil people, stop using that as an excuse! It's making us look bad.
    CrevsDaak
    @Permidion_Stark Uh? Your only dialog in BG1 says otherwise, regarding Thalantyr and his fortune...
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    I don't believe in an objective concept of morality. Good and evil, law and chaos are dependent on the society which labels them. What's "right" in one place is "wrong" in another. Even slavery and rape (two acts seem as abhorrent by most societies) can be justified as good in certain circumstances.

Then why the hell did I even participate in this poll? Because...reasons...

• IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    I don't like seeing people being oppressed or being in heavy burden or in difficulty. I try to help or share whenever I could. Even the most cold-hearted people change their attitude towards you when you show them enough kindness; nothing is more heart-warming than that. I guess that makes me somewhat good? I'd like to think so.

I am law-abiding at most times even on the most simple regulations such as traffic lights. Even the words of my parents form part of this so-called law that I am mandated to follow. However, just as in everything, there are exceptions; nothing is absolute. It's like I have this "personal constitutional limitation", bill of rights of some sort, that if I find it excessive or unduly oppressive, I wouldn't hesitate to stand or voice out myself against it. What does that make me? Lawful or neutral? I don't like how Lawful are represented in D&D, so I'd wager I'm neutral. I don't know.

To sum up, either Neutral Good or Lawful Good. But in-game, I'm usually Chaotic Good.
    CrevsDaak
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

meagloth said:

@crevsdaak, I think you are just a bit confused, you and me sound very similar, you just think your evil, and you're trying to defend that, so you might be putting emphasis on certain things that aren't really a huge part of you.
    And no, you wouldn't kill him and take the money, he's the one with the gun to your head, and he doesn't even have it with him. No loopholes.

I think he is actually just joking around, and you are taking him too seriously
    Damnable interweb. Totally confuses the sarcasm detectors.

And @crevsdaak, we are weirdly almost exactly the same. Just goes to show how lose of a guideline the dnd alignment system is :P
    IllustairCrevsDaak
    @meagloth yep, like two mirrors.