Skip to content

#7364 [CORE] - Regeneration issues.

UlfhedinnUlfhedinn Member Posts: 19
edited December 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Regeneration from different items doesn't stack.
I wear Kangax ring and the ring from Ribald, i still regen only 1 hp/3 sec (Kangaxx ring) instead of 3 hp/6 sec (Kangaxx ring + regeneration ring).

Moreover, character with +20 constitution don't seem to regenerate passively (a barbarian should be able).
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• UlfhedinnUlfhedinn Member Posts: 19
    You're right concerning passive regeneration, it's just too slow for "Barbarian Rage" to trigger it.

Remains the regeneration item stacking question.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Nope, but @AlexT, @avenger_teambg or @Cuv might!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Gate70 Regeneration should stack but does not if there are two different regeneration rates in effect.

For example:
    You have 2 rings of regeneration. Every 6 seconds you regenerate 2 hp.

You have a ring of regeneration and a ring of Gaxx. Every 3 seconds you regenerate 1 hp.

It should be fixed. There are other things that can cause this bug.

Example: You have 2 rings of regeneration. Bard is singing. You do not regenerate.

This next example actually no longer happens since I reported it and it was fixed:

You have 2 rings of regeneration. Shield of Fyrus Khal is equipped on a party member. You do not regenerate.

And here is another one which I am sure you are familiar with:

You have 2 rings of regeneration and the Cloak of the Dark Moon. It is night. Need I say more?

What all these things have in common is that they are checking and reapplying an effect periodically. One of these periodical effects is interfering with all the other effects that are supposed to be checked and applied at the same time period resulting in only one actually taking effect. All of these situations need fixing, as well as any other situations like this that I did not mention above.
    edited December 2013
    @Gate70 I am not sure. Probably some of it but many of the cases are still issues. Also I am fairly certain that plenty of other periodical effects I failed to mention also interfere with each other (probably poison).

Hmm, Now my character is regenerating under bard song... Weird.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    7125 is related to movement and pause effects, not stacking of Regeneration.

@Tresset: Before I go posting a bug report with the scenarios noted above, can you confirm all of the above are still happening? I can go through the tests if needed, but you seem pretty sure, so if you happen to be able to verify these and / or provide saved games showing the issues I can get all of these filed in one fell swoop.
    @Illydth I reported this as issue 7364. It is pretty all inclusive for the issues I have noticed with regeneration/poison and other effects. Bard song turned out, as far as I can tell, not to be an issue. Everything else I mentioned above, and more, has been included in the report. Feel free to test and edit the report as you see fit, but I am pretty sure I covered all my bases.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Nope, VERY Good report. Tagged for 7364. Thanks @Tresset!
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    @Gate70 - It's usually more like four or five people showing up at the potluck and they all brought the same fix
    Tresset