Skip to content

save Mazzy's sister quest stuck

Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrel Member Posts: 197
edited December 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I have Mazzy with me at the moment and we were notified to go to Trademeet to help her sister. Problem is when we go inside Mazzy's house nothing happens. I cannot advance the quest.

Comments

• Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrel Member Posts: 197
    Weird thing is, I decided to do the Unseeing Eye quest (I did almost every other side quest up to that point) then come back and pick up Mazzy, did her thing and it worked. The files I attached are from before I went to do the UE.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @KeaponLaffin5: Do me a favor, load up the EPIC FAIL save you have and click your talk button then force talk to Mazzy directly.

On my system that seems to get Mazzy to talk with her mother and starts the quest up. I'm wondering if there's a missing trigger when entering the room. Checking it against my testing saves to see if I get the same thing.
    edited December 2013
    KK So there's some kind of trigger for a cutscene when you enter the house for the first time after the quest starts. That trigger isn't firing in your game for some reason. @Troodon80 or @Gate70: Can you check any associated globals? I'm guessing the global for the quest active isn't set even though mazzy is in the party and probably her local variable is.

Either way, if you enter the house and then force talk with Mazzy, it will work it seems.

If you find a bug here let me know.
    @Gate70: I've got a save JUST before Mazzy is talked to by Danno to start the quest. And by JUST before, I mean literally Danno is on the screen and moving toward Mazzy when you load the game up. The save does correctly fire the cutscene (just tested it) If that would help you.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, this a mess.

AR2002 and MAZZY are the relevant parts in EPIC FAIL.

PalaSleeping should be set to 0.
    MazzySpeaksToMom should be set to 0.

Now to finding out why those variables are set the way they are... I'll take a look tomorrow.
    CrevsDaak
    edited December 2013
    @Troodon80: I note when I checked into this on the EPIC FAIL game that Pala is still standing beside the bed not in the bed, though she "responds" as if she's sleeping. When this works right, when you enter the house it looks like a whole bunch of stuff happens as the cutscene happens. Pala obviously moves from standing to in the bed/sleeping and Mazzy automatically starts talking with her mom.

I would EXPECT given this, that entering the building is what causes some of those variables to be set...it's whatever is supposed to trigger that cutscene which I would guess is what sets up all of the globals/locals properly that's not happening.

And if you load EPIC FAIL and simply talk with Mazzy, it starts the quest up properly. Not sure if that sets all the proper stuff, but it does allow you to continue through the quest. This may not be as much of a mess as it appears.
    edited December 2013
    @Illydth, like I said, AR2002 is the relevant part for that. Since PalaSleeping is set to 1 instead of 0, the cutscene never happens.

The next relevant part is 'Mazzy', her script. After the initial cutscene, Mazzy then speaks to her mother and that sets MazzySpeaksToMom to 1. However, since MazzySpeaksToMom is already set to 1, the actual conversation doesn't happen unless you force-talk to Mazzy.

Furthermore, the aforementioned cutscene destroys 'Pala' and replaces her with 'Pala02' during the fade-out and fade-in, as well as setting PalaInBed to 1. Given that, it's very likely that the entire quest is broken since at least the end of it relies on Pala02 existing. It may not be entirely broken, but finding out what caused this in the first place is going to be the tricky part.
    edited December 2013
    @Gate70, are you sure? I cannot see her to the top-left on either of the two save games above, nor can I find her named in AR2000 when browsing through the save game.
    Hm. Yeah, that is strange.

Also, to note, I cannot replicate the issue with the "PICKED UP MAZZY FROM HER HOME" save.

@KeaponLaffin5, can you reliably reproduce this issue with the above-mentioned save game? And, if so, can you give more details as to what you did (i.e. conversation choices, etc.)?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    If pala is in the top left corner, check for effects on her. You should find a 0xba (Move between areas) and also her area flags (near beginning of creature structure) will have a flipped bit (0x4000). This would mean, Pala is in transit (fleeing from the area). If you find the 0xba effect, you can figure out where she flees to :D
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    I'm not sure why her second coordinates are different. The second set is where she will be 'put back' after the area is reset.
    CrevsDaak