Skip to content

#6750 dupe Yaga-Shura BUG?!?! - dialog clickthrough problem

hobsyhobsy Member Posts: 4
edited December 2013 in Not An Issue
I got his and her hearts, brought them back to his mother, she destroys the heart, I fight, she dies. Everything is updated in my journal, but when I go to fight Yaga-Shura, the green aura that indicates his invincibility is around him and I can't get a single point of damage on him. What is happening, and how can I get around it?
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @hobsy, after you have destroyed the heart, when you attack him—and successfully hit him—he should say:
    What? No! No, this cannot be! I am wounded?!
    To which he then leaves the area and returns shortly. If this is not working, can you upload a save game close to where you are?
  • SmilgeSmilge Member Posts: 104
    edited November 2013
    I had this happen to me; used

CLUAConsole: SetGlobal("YagaShuraHeart", "GLOBAL", 1)

to fix it. Looking at the scripts I have no idea why it didn't fire, since the variable is linked to the dialog that I know I went through. I'd recommend using the console command outside of yaga shura's area. When you enter you should see a chapter increment screen talking about how saradush is now destroyed. If you see that screen you'll know it has worked.
  • hobsyhobsy Member Posts: 4
    Smilge that worked thank you!
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @hobsy, I don't suppose you can still upload a save game from where you were having the issue? We can't fix something if we don't know where it is. :)
  • faramirfaramir Member Posts: 7
    I Have the same problem! How can I fix it on my Mac?
    Troodon80 said:

@hobsy, I don't suppose you can still upload a save game from where you were having the issue? We can't fix something if we don't know where it is. :)

I Have the same problem! How can I fix it on my Mac?
  • civian1991civian1991 Member Posts: 57
    @Troodon80 I have a game here that I can upload if you still need it. I'm having this problem too.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    You have to enable the console and enter the above command. How to get the console is described in the Mac FAQ in the OSX section of the forum.
    Done that, even a cheat worked for showing me the whole map. But when i use this code CLUAConsole: SetGlobal("YagaShuraHeart", "GLOBAL", 1) its give me a error, and i have checked it for 100 times if its typed correctly
    This error is what i get:
    lua: syntax error;
    >last token read: ''YagaShuraHeart'',''GLOBAL'',1)
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    @faramir - Try stripping all the spaces from the command above: C:SetGlobal("YagaShuraHeart","GLOBAL",1)
    done that :(
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @civian1991: Yep, no saved game loaded up here so we still need one. Please do so at your earliest convenience. :)
    this is my save game
    Pff, I'm doing something wrong, i did everything al you guys say :( is possible to upload my save game when yaga shara is vulnerable?
  • EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    By the way, when I fought Yaga-Shura he had his green aura (the two green energy orbs orbiting him, right?) even though I'd completed the steps necessary to remove his invulnerability. I was able to damage him, however, and defeat him.
    Yes Thank you! it works:)
    @Gate70 I was able to repeat the issue several times, and it appears that simply moving through the dialog too quickly will prevent the action from firing. Here is a save if anyone else wants to test it. The dialog that should set the variable is "And...there. It be done, a simple thing, it is. The boy's heart is cold, now. As...as cold as his mother's old heart..."
    Wasn't able to get it to repeat by attacking early. I even put some arrows mid-flight before her first dialog, so and she was getting hit before her second dialog even fired. Still, slowly going through the dialog always prevented the bug, and quickly hitting enter to get through the dialog always caused it.

I just used "CLUAConsole: GetGlobal("YagaShuraHeart", "GLOBAL") to check rather than running all the way to Yaga Shura.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Yup, can't repro with the 6750 fix so it should be good if it gets in the next patch.

It's a bit strange how many people have issues caused by skipping dialog rapidly when there are so many people that say BG has such a great story.
    CrevsDaak
    @SethDavis Hah, I was wondering why I had skipped through the dialog quick enough to cause the bug, but then I remembered that that fight took me a couple of tries. No point in carefully reading the dialog on your third attempt.
    EmptinessSethDavis
    edited December 2013
    Gate70 said:

@civian 1991 your save looks to have the same variable settings as faramir had. Are you able to console them yourself or do you want an edited save.

& any thoughts about how you reached this situation. Were the hearts both backpacked when returning to Nyalee, were either of them in bags of holding and did you force attack Nyalee before she turned hostile. Any clues appreciated.
    Thanks

Hey @gate70 nah all good I ended up adjusting the variable via the console, but thx. I think you and @Smilge are correct, my whole party was hasted and I had already set up my party to attack as soon as Nyalee went hostile. From memory (though I'm not sure if this matters) the hearts were in two different backpacks when I spoke to Nyallee.

I know that the same problem happens to me with the last fight with Irenicus. If my party is hasted and attacks too quickly, he is always "Near Death" and nothing triggers.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Smilge said:

that fight took me a couple of tries.

ah, that makes sense actually.
    CrevsDaak
  • oiseaugrandeoiseaugrande Member Posts: 6
    Hey, I have this same problem. Did everything, but no video about Saradush burning, and Yaga Shura is still invincible. I'm sure the script from above works, but can someone please outline how to make the fix on a mac (step by step please!)? Thank you so much!!!!
    I'm so sorry but how do you open the console? I just switched to mac and am trying to figure it out anew :( Thanks!
    Hey, thanks so much. Here's what I've tried typing into the console:

-and-

C:SetGlobal("YagaShuraHeart","GLOBAL",1)
    C:SetGlobal("YagaShuraHeart1","GLOBAL",2)

Neither seem to work. I can still visit Saradush from the Pocket Plane. I would be hugely appreciative of any help, thank you!!!!

Hey, thanks so much. Here's what I've tried typing into the console:

-and-

C:SetGlobal("YagaShuraHeart","GLOBAL",1)
    C:SetGlobal("YagaShuraHeart1","GLOBAL",2)

Neither seem to work. I can still visit Saradush from the Pocket Plane. I would be hugely appreciative of any help, thank you!!!!

And to add to that, and most importantly, Yaga Shura is still invincible with those green balls annoyingly circling around him!
    I attached two files; in both I've already killed the threeish archers on the bridge to the siege camp. Let me know if this works, thank you so much!
    Works!!! Thank you so so much! Hugely appreciated!
  • ST3V3V01DST3V3V01D Member Posts: 2
    I'm sorry to add to the hassle of this thread, but I am experiencing this bug as well, and just like oiseaugrande, I tried typing the same commands but with no success.

I stupidly have been going through with just the quicksave and the autosave, and as soon as I encountered an invincible Yaga Shura when he shouldn't have been, I went back to the temple to make sure I wasn't supposed to click on the altar, so both of my saves are after the battle with Nyalee and after I killed the three archers on the bridge.

Attached is my save file. I would be forever grateful is someone would be willing to take a look at it.