Skip to content

[Item Mod] Wand Case

Comments

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    edited November 2013
    Is it certain that the mod won't work unless you start a new game?

Edit. BG1EE. And by working I mean the case appearing in Thalantyr's inventory.
  • AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 269
    The problem is that if you buy or sell anything to someone, the items that are still for sale are stored in your save games. If you load a save game and interact with a store, the game will use the store that was saved in your save game instead of the original store.

Sadly, mods can only update the original store and not the stores as they are saved in your save games. Do note that you can still cheat the item in.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    @Alkalurops

It is working :)
    I hadn't visited Thalantyr's residence yet so that must be the reason. I like the fact that it costs a lot of money too.
    Erg
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Wilbur said:

@Alkalurops

It is working :)
    I hadn't visited Thalantyr's residence yet so that must be the reason. I like the fact that it costs a lot of money too.

Yes, it will work if you haven't browsed his store yet.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @Wilbur I thought it should require some measure of investment, since it's magical and safely stores all of one's fragile wands. :)
    Wilbur
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

The problem is that if you buy or sell anything to someone, the items that are still for sale are stored in your save games. If you load a save game and interact with a store, the game will use the store that was saved in your save game instead of the original store.

Sadly, mods can only update the original store and not the stores as they are saved in your save games. Do note that you can still cheat the item in.

And you can edit the save game with EEKeeper, NearInfinity, etc.
  • XcidiumXcidium Member Posts: 22
    I worship at your altars.
    Mortianna
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    This is awesome. Nice job!
    Mortianna
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @Mortianna @Alkalurops While I'm slowly preparing to start to play BGEE using my native language (Polish) I thought I'll translate your Wand Case mod. So here it is in attachment translated setup.tra and readme files for both BGEE and BG2EE versions. Feel free to add it to next version of your mod.

And thanks for sharing it:)
    @Cahir‌ Glad you to hear you like the mod. I'd be happy to add it to the next version, with help of Weidu-proficient @Alkalurops, of course. ^.~
    CrevsDaakCahir
    Okay so the Polish translation files are unreadable on my machine. I had to use a tool to automatically convert windows 1250 to UTF-8. I hope nothing got "lost in translation", I honestly have no way to tell :p
    If something did go wrong, please reupload the file in UTF-8 (open notepad, file > save as > encoding: utf-8)

I have noticed that when you open the case, the top-most name doesn't display properly in Polish. Seems to be a bug with unicode store names. If it hasn't already been reported, someone probably should.
    Okay, this time let's try to attach *both* versions... Although then again the only difference is the readme.
    CrevsDaak
    @Alkalurops damn I thought I changed coding to UTF-8 but apparently I did not:( Thanks for being vigilant and thanks for update. I plan to translate @Mortianna's Staff of Withering when I have a moment too. I like those mods and would like to use them in my long planned run in Polish (haven't play BG in my native language for ages).
    CrevsDaakMortianna
    edited May 2014
    @Alkalurops I just tested BG2EE version and it seems that there is indeed a glitch in the topmost name, but there is everything OK in the .tra file, changing coding to UTF-8 did not mess anything.
    Tagging @Dee and @AndreaColombo to make cerain if this is a BG2EE bug and not the mod (translation) related thing.

@Alkalurops did you see the same glitch and if it was on BGEE or BG2EE?

I tested both games, and both glitched. I'm almost positive this is a game glitch, since WANDCASE.sto and WANDCASE.itm both reference the same string entry in dialog.tlk.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    edited March 2015
    @Mortianna
    To be able to add you mod to BWS, please fill this template: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58006-bws-mod-request-template/

Thanks!
    Post edited by ALIEN on
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    @Mortianna also those two mod archives are exactly the same except readme. You should combine readme for BG1EE and BG2EE and release one archive.
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited October 2015
    Hi @Mortianna. I've noticed that your tp2 code is bugged when it comes to BGT and Tutu. In BGT it only adds stuff to BG1 stores. And in Tutu it doesn't work at all.

END ELSE
    means that what follows will be executed only when previous argument will NOT return true.

Below I've attached fixed version of your mod that works with all games (including unreleased EET and vanilla BG2 without ToB which previously wasn't supported) and has the translation released by @Cahir. Readme files have been updated. Additional second archive for BG:EE is not needed - this package covers all BG games.

Changelog:
    v1.3
    - Polish Translation
    - Fixed BGT and Tutu store patching
    - Added EET and vanilla BG2 support

Let me know if you don't like these changes and I should remove the attachment.
    JuliusBorisovAedanCrevsDaak
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    Attachment:
    JuliusBorisovErgAedanCrevsDaak
    @swit

Thank you for taking the time and effort to make those changes to the mod. I hadn't considered that it might be appealing for players of the non-EE versions.
    ErgAedanCrevsDaak
  • MidoriMidori Member Posts: 26
    Thank you! Added it to BGEE and SoD, it's a life-saver!
    AedanMortianna
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Mortianna said:

I hadn't considered that it might be appealing for players of the non-EE versions.

@Mortianna, just so you know, I always use this mod on my Tutu install :)
    MortiannaAedanCrevsDaak
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited April 2016
    @Mortianna @Alkalurops
    Hello! :)
    I translated this nice and useful mod in Italian.
    Attached my translation. Can you please add it to the mod?
    Post edited by Aedan on
    @Midori @Erg Glad to see it's being put to good use! ^.^
    MidoriErgCrevsDaak
  • MidoriMidori Member Posts: 26
    Found just one issue - if I want to take eg one wand of frost out of the case, it takes out all wands of frost I currently have. Anyone else get this?
    @Midori This seems to be a broader problem with multiple stacks of certain items in containers of holding. It's been submitted as a bug report on Redmine: http://support.baldursgate.com/issues/22579
    AedanMidoriCrevsDaak
    edited April 2016
    NVM
    edited May 2016
    @Mortianna @Alkalurops @swit
    Any chance to update this nice mod including the Italian translation? Same goes for the Staff of the Withering mod (the Italian translation is here). Thanks for your attention :)
  • LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    Glad someone made this. I have had similar thoughts for some years but never gotten the time to delv into modding and making it myself. Thank you!
    Mortianna
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Great addition and nice work.
    MortiannaGrammarsalad