Skip to content

Did anyone beat Dragomir in a fair fight?

Comments

• m4kplm4kpl Member Posts: 5
    Wild mage, wild spell, petrification-> death. :D
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    I killed him so easily that I dont remember how. With just a party of 4 as well.
  • AmardarialAmardarial Member Posts: 270
    I did, he died in 3 rounds, he was stupid easy for me, then again 2 Blackgaurds using poison helped a ton...
  • qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    i used mainly spells....all i could get....
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I don't recall exactly how I did it, but the Sword of Chaos +2 and Poison Weapon were involved.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    I NEVER fight fair ;P
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    edited November 2013
    It was my first fight since getting to Athkatla, so my party was kinda bad, and I only had two weapons that could even hurt him. Then I remembered Yoshimo had traps, so I laid out two spike traps, then had Minsc berserk forward with the Sword of Chaos (berserk makes him immune to dominate). My main character then followed using the piddly little +2 dagger you find before the crypt. Dragomir died, uh, again anyway.

Moments like that remind me why I love the game. It felt like a puzzle where I had to make the best out of the party and items I had available, until I finally found the winning combination.
  • emjayemjay Member Posts: 84
    neera and dragon disciple with melfs meteors plus lots of magic missiles. everyone else running in circles away from dorn who was dominated hahahah
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Mornmagor said:

I NEVER fight fair ;P

Apparently since he can merely glance at what items you have and instantly know whether it protects against charm I'd say he doesn't fight fair either. So especially in his case thats a good position to take :)
  • althoralthor Member Posts: 67
    I did the copper coronet quest and had the +3 sword.
    You can also kill the lich in the city gates area and get the daystar +4 against undead.
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    my wizards hasted and used minute meteors, and dorn chopped him up with Lilarcor so it wasn't too bad for me. His spawning was kind of haphazard though so on various reloads I'd freak out because he wasn't there, and I kept reloading because I wasn't sure if he was supposed to pop up before I went in the tomb or after.
  • XedemusXedemus Member Posts: 1
    After gathering my evil party (minus edwin but plus jaheira) I attempted Hexxat's quest. I initiated the fight with Korgan (berserked). Dorn, Hexxat, and Korgan were pummeling him while viconia and jaheira were healing Korgan. My dragon disciple was blowing Dragomir up for good measure.
  • KriegerKrieger Member Posts: 40
    In my party Anomen had just gotten 7th-level spells before I went into the tomb. When Dragomir showed up I tanked him with Jaheira and Rasaad while Anomen cast Sunray behind them. It did a whopping 1056 damage to Dragomir, which put him down rather neatly.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    I went up, aggroed him, and immediately backed off (my party wanted to fight in a better position). I summoned up an Aerial Servant with Anomen and then had Anomen and Viconia both use Animate Dead. Once They'd engaged, I popped berserk on Korgain and waded in with my 5 people (Hexxat, Anomen, Viconia, Blade PC and Korgan) and 5 summons. I didn't use haste. I THINK I might have dropped a couple flame strikes though. I don't know, I treat Viconia very much like a caster. I had Anomen around cause I wanted to do his quest (to corrupt him and dothe quests for Radiant Heart) before I picked up Dorn and got locked out.

Ryan Trawl is kinda mad at my 7 rep party though so I might say screw it and go for dorn earlier.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I forgot how I beat him.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    edited January 2014
    I cast time stop, then improved alacrity, followed by holy word and 9 volleys of magic missiles. I then summoned 1d4 werebears for good measure.

Edit: on a more serious note, I'm tempted to try and cast imprisonment on him to prevent Hexxat looting the cloak. No idea if it would work.

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I fought him very early, and didn't think he was much of a challenge.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Steamrolled him, but I've never gone straight from Chapter 1 to Level Draining hell myself, so I usually have a decent magic weapon or two handy, and I'm never far from my MMMs.

Of course I'm not sure that six on one is really "fair" per se.
  • JumbikJumbik Member Posts: 19
    So no one used the Protection scroll that you find in the dungeon on your best fighter and just kill him without him even doing anything? Hmm strange...
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 876
    My Blade killed him with one throw of Azuredge!
  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    I had no problems with him at all in my latest playthrough but I only went there *after* getting several +2 weapons. The first time I met Dragomir, I had come straight from Irenicus' dungeon and had no good weapons. Well, I did beat him after some tries with the Sword of Chaos (nobody was proficient). Hexxat was using that +2 dagger I think but she never hit him.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I remember him chunking Minsc, but after I tried again it seemed to be a pretty easy fight. It was really the first quest I did, I met clara in the coronet and did the quest right away. Not much memory of it.
  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    Sometimes it's really just down to luck. The first time I went through that tomb, I met him when I rested (I think it must have been a bug). I didn't realize he was a boss, I got in some lucky hits and he died. Then I got level drained and loaded a previous save. When I finally met him again, he seemed almost impossible to beat.

But the foolproof way of beating him is: protection from charm, haste, +2 weapons. All are easy to get and there's nothing he can do about it.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Jumbik said:

So no one used the Protection scroll that you find in the dungeon on your best fighter and just kill him without him even doing anything? Hmm strange...

Never felt he was tough enough to bother spending a scroll.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    The first time I met him he popped on the first hit from Azuredge. It was a bit anticlimactic but I'm not complaining.
  • TwoWayFinesseTwoWayFinesse Member Posts: 128
    Was playing a Blackguard with Lilacor, getting constantly healed from Viconia gave me enough health to beat him down. Don't think any other weapons I had were working. Then I identified the scroll.....

Does poison work on Vampires. I thought they were immune?
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    Dragon breath potions work on him too. Dorn killed it with one of those and a haste spell at lv 7-8
  • billygreatbillygreat Member Posts: 66
    Heh, I had a good laugh, after spending 1 minute to buff the party, you know, resist fear, prot from evil, chant,bless, haste and so on , Dragomir dropped at my first hit with Azuredge.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    althor said:

I did the copper coronet quest and had the +3 sword.
    You can also kill the lich in the city gates area and get the daystar +4 against undead.

If you can beat that lich, Dragomir can't possibly be a problem...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.