Skip to content

De'Arnise Keep... Lost the keep key.

Hey guys,

I know It's a bit ridiculous that I dropped this key. I should have assumed I would need it. I've been roaming around trying to find the key after I had dropped it. Is there any way that I can retrieve this key again? or do I either a) have to restart from a previous save before I killed the guy who held it or b) find where I dropped it.

I think I dropped it onto a dead body that has disappeared... -_-

Comments

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    You should be able to create another one with the console.
    C:CreateItem("key10")
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    U can use EE Keeper to edit it back in if u can't find it and also don't wanna reload.
  • Colt45azColt45az Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the rapid response!
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    If you haven't left the keep it is highly unlikely that it disappeared, haste a character and run around with the loot assistant from EE on and it should highlight it for you. Also you should check containers.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Oh yeah, that feature is great. I wish I could use it to find my keys in real life.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Key items like keys cannot decay. Must still be in the game somewhere.
  • TheRealABearTheRealABear Member Posts: 5
    I know this is from a long time ago... I just got the game on Android - Somehow, I don't have the key, I killed the Yaun-ti collected (i think) everything ... later on, having gone in and out of the keep, traded out 1 character for the Princess or whatever she is... read that the key is with the Yaun-ti mage in the study... bodies are all gone from the study, but no key or anything else on the floor. Am I frakked?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Zip and attach your save at support.baldursgate.com, and our QA will help you.
  • TheRealABearTheRealABear Member Posts: 5
    Done, thank you Julius... And really, if they say "No way" and I have to restart, at least I'll be able to Specialize in Flail this time...
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    beoware that specializing in flail takes ages...
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited October 2018

beoware that specializing in flail takes ages...

I am confused by several parts of that sentence (I hear beware, be aware, Bioware, and Beowulf all at once), but I still like it for some reason.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited October 2018
    :)@semiticgod , Beowulf was not intended, but you have got it.
    Post edited by gorgonzola on