Skip to content

Main Character disappears after enemy spell is cast on him, does not return

mpzmpz Member Posts: 2
Hello there.

PROBLEM
Almost every time my party fights a mage, whenever he/she casts a spell like Dispel Magic, Death Spell, Cast Symbol: Stun and possibly others, my main character disappears from map. He/she is still visible in character bar, however I cannot give him/her any items (character too far) also when I take an item from character's inventory and try to give it back there also is character too far prompt. When I click on character in bar his portrait does not have green line around it as it is with the others. spote on map where the character was is covered in shadow ("mist of war"?).

The only workaround is to leave main character out of every combat.

HOW TO REPRODUCE
In given save file:
1. Choose main char
2. Relese Alchra Diagott from prison (third prison from the right) [it also happens on other mages, as well as beholders].
3. Get through his dialogue.
4. Wait until Time Stop fades (there are also other spells he casts included in dialogue).
5. Character disappears.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- I play Steam, Windows version of the game through Crossover.
- I have once edited proficiencies on main character using EE Keeper.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I've took a look and got rather impressed, your gender is missing, upon more investigation, it was changed to ILLUSIONARY-7, causing this to happen, you've edited another thing and that's causing trouble.
    @Illydth @Troodon80 move this to Not An Issue please.
    I've attached the edited save game.
  • mpzmpz Member Posts: 2
    Thanks a lot! I had only changed weapon proficiencies, nothing else, so have no idea how could this happen. Works like a charm now :).
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @mpz: The only thing I can think of is if you happened to use an older version of the Editor (something that didn't support the enhanced edition) or if you just happened to mis-click something while editing.

No issues, thanks for the report, glad we (that's the Royal We meaning @CrevsDaak) could help! :)