Skip to content

Solaufein for BG2:EE

rainlitrainlit Member Posts: 12
Are there plans to update Solaufein for EE or has it already been and I'm just late?
booinyoureyes

Comments

• PorcelynPorcelyn Member Posts: 65
    I met him for the first time the other day and immediately went on a google search to find a mod for him. I couldn't find anything current though. This is the Pocket Plane forum where the workshop is. Some one asked in November about updating the mod for EE but they got no reply.
    http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/board,39.0.html
  • darkly180darkly180 Member Posts: 19
    The Weidu.org version of the mod worked well enough for my BG2EE runthrough. I ran BP-Ascension, Tactics and SCS, and Solaufein kept up with no problem. I dropped him after the Eclipse battle so he didn't accompany me to the end. Was doing a solo run.
  • chrstnmonkschrstnmonks Member Posts: 176
    I hope they do this too he should have been a companion to begin with
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    not a fan of this mod. Way too OP guy as a companion and his quests are way too OP.

If you like stuff like permanently invisible protected from all kinds of magic especially the kind of magic that lets you dispel his invisiblity vampire liches then by all means go for this mod.
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    Porcelyn said:

I met him for the first time the other day and immediately went on a google search to find a mod for him. I couldn't find anything current though. This is the Pocket Plane forum where the workshop is. Some one asked in November about updating the mod for EE but they got no reply.
    http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/board,39.0.html

From my perspective the mod added value is the set of extra battles (eclipse).
    The mod illustrates how powerful the fighter/mage can be but you'd better play a charname F/M without the extra weapons and spells.
    The initial idea was excellent though.
    Musigny said:

The mod illustrates how powerful the fighter/mage can be but you'd better play a charname F/M without the extra weapons and spells.
    The initial idea was excellent though.

I'm not sure what you mean. I like him for his personality. I'm not really interested in his gear or anything.

Aedan
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    With its RA Salvatore Zaknafein recollection this npc might have been a jewel.
    This mod is an early masterpiece. However (humble warning) I wanted to point out that the mod is designed with tactical challenges in mind. And perhaps it won't meet your RP expectations.
    Moreover it will be difficult to ignore how powerful the npc is/becomes, unbalancing your party composition.
    winters
    Oh I see I went over the readme and I see what you mean about tactical challenges.

I was going to edit him a bit in EE Keeper but he is not compatible with it. All the text gets messed up and scrambled, one spell scroll gets renamed to some undes, lol.
    I uninstalled his mod opened eekeeper made the changes, saved and reinstalled that seems to have worked.
    Can anyone give me some help on how to install the soluafein mod i tried and i keep getting error
    I put his exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783
    Run it and have it extract to the path above then run his setup file.
    Thank you I finally figured it out so hopefully no prolbems
  • Blackguard_Blackguard_ Member Posts: 7
    ^thanks, this is what I was looking for.
    JuliusBorisov
  • CynthelNatalCynthelNatal Member Posts: 3
    Hello there, i hope, someone can help me.. and sorry for the bad Englisch. ;-)

When i install the Solamod and invite him, my PC are hang-up and i must reset. I have found this Thread and testet the Tipp from Hiisi.
    My PC not hang-up, but Solaufein have no Text, there are missing Strings.
    And a updated version from this mod is not available... i like this mod very much.

Because its the only reasonable mod for a female Player... the only other Romance is.. Anomen.... *Urgh!* Oh and Rasaad.. but the End from him is not so good... can someone help?
  • angeldeath29angeldeath29 Member Posts: 4
    fixed russian version for bg2 ee
    The game crashed due to incorrect encoding. To remedy other languages ​​requires encode tra files from the language folder to utf-8 encoding
    Do you have a fix for the german translation? :D
  • sansserifsansserif Member Posts: 125
    I test-installed on v1.3.2064 and noticed that this mod must be installed LAST after other NPC-related mods such as Keeping Yoshimo and Dorn Extended Romance. Otherwise installation of other mods will result in errors.

The mod seems to work okay, just that Sola's portrait is incorrectly sized.
  • angeldeath29angeldeath29 Member Posts: 4
    Do you have a fix for the german translation? :D
    try this
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    As far as I know, there is a different German Sola mod. A pity I can't speak that language... wish I could try the mod out.
    https://baldurs-gate.eu/showthread.php?t=43420
    maybe someone would like to translate it :P
    Yes i know the Mod. And Jestey is a awesome Modwriter, i like all her Mods. But i want the Romance and this Version dont have it. ;-) But in a new Run, i will test it.

Wah Angel, i love you! *hug hug* It works! <3 My Hero!

Hach i like Fans and her Community. They have answer for problems and fix it. From the Publisher... looking of the German Soundproblem. The Steam Version is two Years old and wath have in the Time done? Nothing!
    White Angus from baldurs-gate Forum, have made a Fix for the Community by herself.

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    *Casts Raise Dead*

So, this works with 2.X?
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Sooooo, compatible or not ? Can it be added to the compatible mods list then in that case?
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268
    Kind of debateable whether sola is OP or not imo. His magic resistance actually blocks out beneficial buffs like haste more often than not, Keldorn is an inquisitor, and haer dalis has 4 apr and a short sword that inflicts -2 dexterity on hit every time so it's not like having rogue thac0 bothers him much.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Somebody can tell me if this mod is compatible with Eilistraee's Song?
  • ValVal Member Posts: 20
    I tried to find the download link for v104 on Weidu's site but couldnt see it, could anyone link it so we can download the most recent version?

Regards
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Interested in this mod as well so hope it works on beamdog download of BG2EE along with BWS...so V1.04?
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    edited February 2017
    Val said:

I tried to find the download link for v104 on Weidu's site but couldnt see it, could anyone link it so we can download the most recent version?

The website only points to the v013 download URL:

https://weidu.org/Weimer-SolaufeinMod-v103.exe

But if you replace the number 3 with a 4 in that URL, you can download version v014:

https://weidu.org/Weimer-SolaufeinMod-v104.exe
    MirandelNotabarbiegirlRAM021
    Good stuff @ineth I was able to download! hoping this mod goes with my BGEE run smoothly :)
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    edited February 2017

EE compatibility

@brunardo and others who have been asking, I had a cursory look at the mod's TP2 code and TRA files (and the associated patches in the Big World Fixpack).

I'm not an expert, but it seems to me that:
    • If you install the English version of the mod with Big World Setup, it'll hopefully work fine on the EE... Except for one incorrectly encoded letter in Sola's dialog when he turns into a Vampire, which will either cause that letter to be missing in that line of dialog if you're luckly, or cause a crash if you're unlucky.
    • If you install it on the EE without BWS (and also don't manually apply the patches that BWS applies), you might break unrelated parts of the game in subtle ways, because some IDS files will be overwritten with their BG2:ToB (pre-EE) versions.
    • If you install one of the non-English translations on the EE without fixing the encoding first, the game will almost certainly crash when you reach the mod content.
    I got to go now, but I might add more details (and an attempt at properly fixing the encoding issue) later today.
    Thanks @ineth as going to go through my BWS and mod playthrough and put this list below if you want to see

Solafein V1.04+
    White Queen
    Back to Brynnlaw
    Sellswords
    Assassinations
    Foundling: Between Shades NPC
    I shall never forget (broken?)
    COM Encounters
    Amber/Ninde/Saerileth/Isra NPC
    Angelo/Tsujatha NPC
    Vampire Tales
    Banterpack/IEP Banter Pack