Skip to content

Hi

Oh my. Active forums, enhanced Baldur's Gate. How epic is this.

Just wanted to let all (whoever is interested) know these games (both bg1 + 2) still completely blow me away after a decade. Thanks for all the guys at beamdog for enhancing this, and all the people of the bg community (after reading I see loads of modders/member of the community who where active all these years) to make me relive this in style. I can't be more grateful.

See ya and greetings,

Fly
JLeemeaglothHeindrichCrevsDaakAnduinLundmaNNonnahswriterBelgarathMTHDereck3o3

Comments

• JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    Well met and welcome!
    Heindrich
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Hey! That's what I said.
    Welcome and well met! I hope you find it friendly and engaging, most people do. If you don't already know, We have a hamster, a beholder paladin of helm/cauli who thinks he's eldoth, in league with a mind flayer and a Edwin impersonator, with The Lord of chaos tagging along behind them and yelling (with peculiar predictability) about how chaotic and unpredictable he is. And there's a mummified gnomish lich lurking in the corner over there, I think. Elminster pops in every now and then, too. I'm just meagloth though. I'm a sorcerer who make a lot of cat memes and argues about sorcerer spell picks too much.

It's all very exciting.
    HeindrichAnduinCrevsDaak
  • FlyhardFlyhard Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the welcome. Formal introductions aside, I am terribly interested in the mummified gnomish lich, being a fanboy of Jan and all. It makes me wonder if it would make a fun party member. Can it talk properly or is it overly wrapped in towels and just standing in a corner staring uncomfortably at new members?
    Anduin
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited February 2014
    Hello! I'm the so said Lord of Chaos :)
    Hope you like these forums! And Jan rules all (Tiax is vice), he's the best!
    EDIT: besides that we have a Multi-eyed-paladin-of-Helm and the mummified gnomelich is very friendly.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited February 2014
    @Anduin the gnomelich was unfortunately resurrected recently, so for now he's just an ordinary gnome who refuses to stay in my garden.

Anyway this forum is a welcoming and friendly place for all. And there is a Fellowship of the Ban who strive to ensure that it stays that way. :)
    CrevsDaakBelgarathMTH
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited February 2014
    @Heindrich ... Please, I am half-way back to mummifiedum. I have already removed my brain, had my heart weighed (it was lighter than a feather... a Roc's feather...) and just about to apply the... Well I just can't decide... Leather for Lichdom, or linen for mummification... So hard to choose some days...

EDIT: I do some times pine for the garden every now and then... But you did not supply enough beer, so...
    HeindrichCrevsDaak
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    See? Exciting!
    CrevsDaakAnduin
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Anduin Why not a change of airs? You were a mummy for so long... maybe some time as a lich would be good for your health :)
    @mlnevese
    mlnevese said:

Anduin Why not a change of airs? You were a mummy for so long... maybe some time as a lich would be good for your health :)

Do you think that I could be a good Lich?
    @CrevsDaak You can always try. If it doesn't suit your style we can always have a high level cleric casting a Ressurection spell on you so that you can try something else...
    CrevsDaak
    @mlnevese oh, thanks for the tip! I don't think a Resurrection would work, but I'm sure that a Greater Restoration will do it.
    Before becoming a Lich I would like to have a cleric around... @Metalloman could you please cast Greater Restoration on me if I ask you so as a Lich?
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited February 2014
    No! No! No!

Your doing it all WRONG!

There are major differences between Lichdom and mummification @Crevsdaak.

Lichdom requires the removal of your soul.

Mummification requires the removal of your internal organs... Although many, even today, believe your heart carries your soul and love, but as we now know, due to the advances in science, it actually carries your guilt and innocence! (remove it for a guilt free existence! I recommend it!)

Now... If you get a cleric to cast restoration on you once you have gone through either process, it will actually kill you and make you deader than you were dead before.

You see your life essence polarity has essentially changed from positive to negative. In fact Level Drain and cause major wounds are the spells that are now your friends.

Lastly never trust a cleric. NEVER!

One accidental slip of turn undead and BAM! Your either running away in fright, charmed or worse, spreading the remaining contents of your ribcage around the room in a mini explosion...

I hope this has cleared a few things for you @Crevsdaak .

@mlnevese Yes. I thought about Lichdom. Maybe next century...

@Flyhard Sorry about derailing your thread. I hope you see that we always help each other, especially before we throw away are remaining living years to an eternity of undeath.

If you're interested there is room on the forum for a zombie... If your interested...
    mlneveseCrevsDaakNonnahswriter
  • FlyhardFlyhard Member Posts: 3
    Derail? I had not even noticed, quite enjoyed all the insightful and witty banter!

And zombie, how tempting it might be..I never liked the sounds they make. Perhaps a zombie with a strange rememberance to his former bard or thief- life? A particular sneaky or perhaps a very charming zombie..
    Anduin
    Hmmmm... Zombie Lords remember their previous life....
    Anduin