Skip to content

#7524 [CORE] - Valygar's body.

DivineEternal1DivineEternal1 Member Posts: 18
edited February 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I was in the beholder lair in the Underdark when the Elder Orb cast imprison on Valygar. When I used freedom on him and got him back not only were all of his items he had been carrying on the ground but his body was as well. Kinda strange to let Valygar carry his own body around.

Do you want to hold a body? photo Baldr001.png
Valygar finds his own body? photo Baldr000.png
Post edited by Illydth on
SwordsNotWordsFlashburn

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    LOL, I know why this happens! There is a variable that when you kill Valygar he drops his body, have you finished he Planar Sphere quest?
  • DivineEternal1DivineEternal1 Member Posts: 18
    Nope, I haven't finished the Planar Sphere quest. I wanted to get Imoen as soon as possible so I went to rescue her as soon as I had my party of choice ready.

I'm also liking how Valygar didn't get turned into a Drow because I talked to Alduin after he got imprisoned. So right now he's walking through Ust Natha in all his human glory.
    Well, not having finished the Planar Sphere quest is causing this, I'll summon @Gate70 to let him take a look.
    Could you upload a saved game? The entire 00000 folder found in documents/Baldur's gate enhanced edition/save, zip/rar it and use the attach a file option under the comment box.
    I played a bit past so I hope that doesn't affect anything.
    Here it is, Valygar is now a Drow too. I couldn't been able to get to my computer with time to create the script to make him cast the spell, sorry I couldn't do this before.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @CrevsDaak: Assumably, so long as the planar sphere is NOT completed Valygar should be dropping his own body when he dies?

Was it a flag you set CrevsDaak? If so what was the flag? I'd like to bug this.
    @Illydth that's what I assumed, so this shoild be Not An Issue, if he perma dies you won't be able to do the quest so that happens.

I only transformated him into a Drow with a custom script (BS) to force cast DROW_TRANSFORMATION upon pressing D, the first thing that I thought.
    The script looks like this

IF
    HotKey(D)
    THEN
    Response #100
    ForceSpell(Myself,DROW_TRANSFORMATION)
    END
    I didn't touch the body, it was on the ground but I didn't find important to destroy it/delete it.
    Thanks for the edited save.

And yes, Valygar was kicked out of my party and I had to recruit him again. Wish I had kept a backup save for before I cast freedom...
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I totally expected nude pics of Valygar
    CrevsDaak
    edited February 2014
    @booinyoureyes

I totally expected nude pics of Valygar

We are still waiting for the topless natives :)
    edit: im joking
    booinyoureyes
    @Gate70, @CrevsDaak: So 6113 may be involved (Imprisonment/Freedom removal from party) but we seem to have a broader issue here: If the planar sphere quest is incomplete, will Valygar continue to drop his body only on Imprison or any time he dies?

Or is it only on permanent (party removal) death? Obviously it happens on Imprisonment, but does it occur any time Valygar dies?

@LiamEsler: Next question of course is whether this is intentional or not. Argument says this is the "safe" way to ensure the planar sphere quest is never locked out...so this is a "not an issue". Other argument says that past a certain point, if Valygar dies / gets Gibbed he probably shouldn't be dropping his body...it is a bit unrealistic for Valygar to be carrying around his own body after all. :)

Not sure what you'd do about it of course...
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Mechanics should always take precedence over story. That said, if he is Mazed or Imprisoned, he should not drop his body.

Fix the double-Valygar issue by adding a block to baldur.bcs so that if the party has Valygar's body and Valygar is alive, the body is removed.
    CrevsDaak
    edited February 2014
    I'll get a bug opened with it.

#7524 - C