Skip to content

Phase III: The Usability Tune-Up

Comments

• glucero0glucero0 Member Posts: 4
    Dee said:

glucero0 said:

As far as choosing quantities goes, I'm not sure it's working quite right. If you choose something like a bolt, which I believe is always bought in quantities of 99, and you select to buy either of them, eight quantities of 99 should appear but it was hard to tell if that was happening or not.

You buy bolts in stacks of 20. So when you buy four stacks, they'll enter your inventory as one stack of 80. The numbers for the quantity and stack size are a little small at the moment, though.
    Thanks Dee. It has been so long since I played the original BG games I had forgotten.
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137

spikie said:

Winthrop dialog to buy stuff from him? There isn't any just the continue button to get at the shop

You might have got a bad download or something...this shows up on all my devices. Or maybe it is Nexus 7 specific for some reason. I'll test on mind when I get home.

@Lcacdriver @spikie If I understand what you are describing correctly, no, there is no way to just jump into the store. There has always been a dialogue with Winthrop, every since the 90s.
  • spikiespikie Member Posts: 17
    I speak to him and get no dialogue at all from the empty chat box i continue on and get to the store ill post a screen shot when i get home
  • LcacdriverLcacdriver Member Posts: 41
    edited February 2014

spikie said:

Winthrop dialog to buy stuff from him? There isn't any just the continue button to get at the shop

You might have got a bad download or something...this shows up on all my devices. Or maybe it is Nexus 7 specific for some reason. I'll test on mind when I get home.

@Lcacdriver @spikie If I understand what you are describing correctly, no, there is no way to just jump into the store. There has always been a dialogue with Winthrop, every since the 90s.
    I think he is saying the dialogue box comes up, but no written dialogue/text appears. He hits the continue button as if he had made a dialogue selection and he is then able to shop. He is definitely experiencing a glitch of some kind...like I said, not sure if device specific or if a corrupted file, download, or something else...

I'm with you, I know there is always dialogue no matter how many times you visit.

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @spikie
    Can you tell us what language your device is set to? That may have something to do with it.
    English UK im expecting a show me what you have option or end dialogue but what i get is on first chat i get three choices with dialogue then the no thx screen or show me what you have but on second visit there r no options just end dialogue but that takes you to shop
    Dialogue box getting into a tangle if you chat to Imoen but select no option from the choices and swipe up you get a little stuck as its scrolling into blank chat i did this accidently and took me a while to figure out how to get back out but its same with all chat boxes it lets you scroll past conversation
    Okay, good; both of those observations are by design.

During dialogue you can scroll up to see previous conversation text (or even other things like combat information). To bring yourself back to the conversation just scroll down to the bottom. As for Winthrop, that's how his dialogue has always worked.
    Swiping upwards scrolls down into blank chat area leaving you slightly stuck till you work out what you have done .i wasnt trying to review earlier conversations it scrolls you down into what would be future conversations
    I see that 11/400 counter thing it hasnt changed since i started trying to break stuff and ive been through it quite a few times
  • plague1312plague1312 Member Posts: 2
    Played it through a few more times. I had 2 freezes when leaving housew.o. problems even when dnd 1 out of nowhere. But always only for a few seconds. I like the new style of the diary. Did all quests, which worked fine just As giving money to the temple and gaining information. Zooming works w.o problems even when done really fast. No laggs or anything. Winthrop worked perfect but expanding the teritory of the beta would be usefull To check reliability during fights and magic. All together it performs great even sometimes smoother than on my pc. Cant wait for further beta-tests to improve the the game further.
  • mtnkillmtnkill Member Posts: 26
    spikie said:

I see that 11/400 counter thing it hasnt changed since i started trying to break stuff and ive been through it quite a few times

Dee updates the counter based on completed run-throughs (ie. Gorion dies and you click Done on the dialog that comes up saying you completed the beta). It only counts one per device so multiple complete run-throughs will not increment the counter.

Lag on my Nexus 10 seems to be worse in this build. When walking, Abdel is noticeably slow, even at normal zoom, whereas in previous builds it was just when zoomed out max. Will submit feedback via the e-mail.
    For people experiencing lag, check to see if you have other programs open. If you had the game running when you updated your build, your device may be lagging because it has two iterations of the game "running". That's not to say there might not be some lag anyway (in which case please do report it), but if you can eliminate that as a factor it will help a lot.
    CrevsDaakelminster
    I've completely rebooted, and ensured no other apps are running. Still lags.
    Alrighty, we'll take a look. Is it lagging all the time, or only at specific moments?
  • DannyBarkleyDannyBarkley Member Posts: 50
    Feels like testing fatigue may be kicking in by now. We've all run the opening area so many times that we can barely face to do it again :-p
    400 might take some time....
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    I just completed the latest build on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (SCH-I905) running Android 4.0.4,
    This is definitely the best build yet, the only issue I found seems rather minor and it was when I did the pinch zoom in or out, as soon as I took my fingers off the screen, Abdel walked to one of the two points my fingers were touching.
    Other than that no problems, and I'm definitely a fan of the added "continue" feature in the dialogue window.
    I look forward to future tests.
  • matthileomatthileo Member Posts: 59

400 might take some time....

I feel like that's intentional

• etotheoetotheo Member Posts: 61
    edited February 2014
    In full agreement here with regards to the "Continue" button in the dialog. Nice work fellas.
    Dee said:

Alrighty, we'll take a look. Is it lagging all the time, or only at specific moments?

Hi Dee,

It happens more often than not. At full zoom out it is worse, but it is also noticeable at normal zoom. It happens at random points when he is walking, though I've noticed it seems to occur more often in graphically busy areas like the flower gardens in Candlekeep center.

Thanks!

• Aron740Aron740 Member Posts: 153
    Just 80 completed tests in two days :(
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    1. Language selection screen Issues.
    Menu's language was russian (sames as defaul OS language), however English checkbox was ticked when I visited Language menu.
    There is also issue with overlapping text with russian and ukrainian languages in this menu - see http://imgur.com/rJg6KfT

2. Inventory screen in ukrainian has some issues with the quick items and weapons slots - text doesn't fit into the box http://imgur.com/0SlVk0d

Nexus 7 (2012), OS 4.4.2
    CrevsDaak
  • Out2lunchOut2lunch Member Posts: 57
    mtnkill said:

Dee said:

Hi Dee,

It happens more often than not. At full zoom out it is worse, but it is also noticeable at normal zoom. It happens at random points when he is walking, though I've noticed it seems to occur more often in graphically busy areas like the flower gardens in Candlekeep center.

Thanks!

I havent had time to try the build on my Nexus 10 yet, I will do it once I can wrestle it away from my son and try it for you to see if I can see some lagging.
    Aristillius
  • oldguyoldguy Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 22
    Working well here on my Xoom. Very smooth, all controls working. Dialogue selection great with the continue added. No problems with Testflight or downloads over all versions so far.
  • smartroadsmartroad Member Posts: 47

On another note (no pun intended), I'm sure many will be grateful that they are accomodating phones, but even on one as big as the Note II, I just can't see playing this on a phone size screen. The Nexus 7 is borderline too small, but even it makes a world of difference over my phone. The 10 inch tabs are the way to go for sure. Can only imagine how awesome the game would look on the new Note Pro 12.2.

I have been testing on my Note 2 and it is perfectly playable. Yes it looks better on my TF101's bigger screen, but with the stylus input it is actually easier to play on my Note 2 when selecting locations and people to talk too/attack :-)
  • DarksidiousDarksidious Member Posts: 2
    Nice work! Improvement are nice Immersive mode is really confortable and the continue button improve the user experience,
  • WurstBaneWurstBane Member Posts: 2
    I tested this with my phone, (galaxy s3 gt-I9305 android 4.3) performance was very smooth. Only quirk I encountered was that I couldn't speak to Tethoril when I tried to return the scroll, no blue circle. Had to speak Winthrop first, then I could talk to him.
    lba
  • djseemanndjseemann Member Posts: 10
    Nice work, when relese??
    matthileospikie
    Small graphical glitch with animation could be by design but I think it's a glitch if you walk very short distance in direction your NOT facing you walk backwards game is very playable as is any chance of a slighter larger testIng program
    For example more xp from the few kills in area so we can level up and start testing spells ability's etc
This discussion has been closed.