Skip to content

Boo's NPC Polls Part 1: Who's your most Beloved Bard

2»

Comments

• toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    edited February 2014
    So I used to hate all three of these characters, but then I really liked Eldoth's Poison arrows...Blackguard came around so I switched over to Garrick...we had some swell times, but then I finally gave Haer'Dalis a try, and all i can say is:

FOR THE DOOMGUARD I STRIKE A VOTE!
    Eccentric, ecstatic, eloquent: enter, Haer'Dalis.
    jackjack[Deleted User]booinyoureyesCrevsDaak
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    CrevsDaak
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    element said:

I actually like him more for his minor parts in BG2 then in bg1

Honestly that is the best cameo of any character. It was so spot on with his history of bad judgement with beautiful woman (ie Silke. He has a funny quote after the battle where he's like "I guess Silke was kinda evil and thats not so good" or something along those lines.)
    His obliviousness is very amusing for me.
    jackjackBelgarathMTHGodlolien
  • BlueSorceressBlueSorceress Member Posts: 84
    I meant to pick Haer'Dalis. So count +1 for him.

Mechanically, he has some serious advantages over the other two, with his only real deficit being his low Con score. His Int is slightly lower than would I would consider optimal, but using him for anything more than support spellcasting is sort of missing the point. (Although, I may have mentioned before that my first playthough he was my only arcane caster through most of my quests until I got Imoen in Spellhold. I know, I know, I was doing it wrong.)

I wish that the original devs had been able to implement his romance in vanilla BGII. At the very least it would have provided an interesting contrast to Anomen.

-Blue
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I guess I like Garrick's personality a smidge more than the other two, but I do like Eldoth and Haer'Dalis a lot as well. Haer'Dalis is the most powerful, but I like the BG1 vanilla bards precisely because once you figure out how to get the most out of them there's something very satisfying about that.
    KidCarnivaljackjackJLee
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    toanwrath said:

enter, Haer'Dalis.

@EnterHaerDalis, that's your cue right there :p
    jackjack[Deleted User]
  • casualtcasualt Member Posts: 35
    Garrick is a very overloked npc in the game. He is a very useful addition to a mid/early game.
    JLeeBelgarathMTH[Deleted User]
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Garrick, because he's pretty "out there", and like somebody here said, seems a little "baked".
    [Deleted User]