Skip to content

The Road to v1.3: Phase I

Comments

• SivenSiven Member Posts: 11
    I guess my only question is; will multiplayer stability be addressed with this patch?
  • silver_gpsilver_gp Member Posts: 21
    I hope 1.3 will make the Chinese text display correct.
  • modestvoltamodestvolta Member Posts: 108
    edited February 2014
    cmk24 said:

I know I'm just repeating what quite a few people have said already, but I'm not against a larger text size (though I do think the text size is getting to be a bit too large based on the screenshot provided; to each his/her own), but a long line length is what I'm against.

I think these things are related, if they make the font larger without making the box larger then some lists of conversation options will not fit in the box all at once. I would rather have a larger box so I can see all options at once then have to scroll to see all the options.
    A fair point, but, in regards to text size and scrolling, what about players who prefer to have all rolls displayed and sort through those after combats? I feel comfortable saying that there are more combats than lengthy dialogues. Now those players have to scroll even more to see why got chunked against that one group of gibberlings...

Which, again, comes back to the player option. I'm a big fan of only making big changes like this when it's an obvious improvement. This change seems to work really well for some players, but on the flipside there are other players who are really against it. Neither playing-preference is wrong, but why make this change when you're alienating some players? To me, a worthwhile change would be giving players the option to choose text box size and text size.

P.S. do the text size mods work with the EE editions? (edit: genuine curiosity on this - not a "gotcha!" offhand comment in case that's how it comes off)
    Post edited by modestvolta on
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I'm glad my spell scroll highlighting idea is now official, but I'm not a fan of the wider dialogue/combat window. It's a compromise between the full-length window of the originals and the open spaces of the EEs, but I prefer it the way it is right now in v1.2.

Also I REALLY don't like the extra info added to the PAUSE text in the bottom window, especially if you're like me and have many auto-pause conditions set. All it does is clutter up the window even more. If I wanted to know the day, hour, month, and year, I could just check the clock on the left.

And a side question: where do I find this so-called "bug tracker" that has these numbers associated with their bugs?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Flashburn said:

And a side question: where do I find this so-called "bug tracker" that has these numbers associated with their bugs?

You have to be a private beta tester to view it.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    silver_gp said:

@sliver_gp

It looks like they had fixed it in beta patch now,

• notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    darrenkuo said:

silver_gp said:

@sliver_gp

It looks like they had fixed it in beta patch now,

not yet
  • RewolfRewolf Member Posts: 102
    Do the fixes take effect immediately or do you have to start a new game in order for the fixes to take effect?
  • EffinyEffiny Member Posts: 378
    Please could anyone from devs (or fans) confirm that there is going to be fix in NPC voices/quotes. I was trying to find it in patch notes (red it all) but I can't see it. Since last big patch all sounds are cut at the beginning when I click on something or when simply other NPC starts to roar its battle line. I already started disscusion about this matter in November 2013. One of the devs promised that this issue will be fixed. But when? It has been ages since I last heard full Mins's quote "Squeaky wheel gets the kick!" When I compare playing BG2EE and BG1EE, this thing always bashes in my ears, because NPC voices work perfectly in BG2EE. Thank you!!
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I strongly suspect that the voice cutoff thing was implemented to circumvent this engine glitch. Unfortunately, it's not an actual fix, and not only does it not fix the bug that it was meant to get around, it also creates other issues, including characters not being able to speak concurrently.

@Dee As I expressed above, I don't think the cutting off of voiceovers is a good solution to anything. Are you guys working on an actual fix to these related problems?
    edited February 2014
    Adul said:

I strongly suspect that the voice cutoff thing was implemented to circumvent this engine glitch. Unfortunately, it's not an actual fix, and not only does it not fix the bug that it was meant to get around, it also creates other issues, including characters not being able to speak concurrently.

@Dee As I expressed above, I don't think the cutting off of voiceovers is a good solution to anything. Are you guys working on an actual fix to these related problems?

Thanks, Adul! I'd rather wait for official fix/patch...This voice issue takes too long tho...:-(
    Post edited by Effiny on
    edited February 2014
    I was able to test out a few things on the survey but not all of them. Working good so far.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    After all the hate the large dialog viewer had it disappeared :I and it isn't coming back, I didn't touch anything, I just started a new game and saw this...
    @Dee what do you think that could be causing this?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Looks like an issue with the frame of the combat log trying to resize itself to a narrower window. I'll take a look.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I think it looks kind of... good? I wouldn't mind that appearance as another option in the Graphics menu to be honest, though I prefer the log to be medium-sized instead of large like in the picture.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Adul @Effiny
    I believe that's been fixed, actually. Check it out in the beta if you haven't already, but I believe that's in there (just not listed).
    Dee said:

@Adul @Effiny
    I believe that's been fixed, actually. Check it out in the beta if you haven't already, but I believe that's in there (just not listed).

Really? If that so, that would be super great! Thanks, Dee! :-)

Ain't it this one?

7035: NPCs no longer play their selection sounds in addition to their voiced lines when dialogue begins

'Cause it is totally in the OP's change log.

Great, thanks a lot! :-)
  • MarkosMarkos Member Posts: 30
    I checked most things on the update and everything seems to work fine. PLEASE change the font back to its original size. It is really annoying, I played for 10 minutes and my eyes hurt.
  • HeadbombHeadbomb Member Posts: 213
    edited February 2014
    Gotta chime in with the size of that dialogue window in cutscenes. Way too huge. If you make it full width, I'd reduce the height. Or give an option to reduce that height, like you already do in the regular game. I'd upload a picture, but for some reason I can't find the option.

On the screens with the "End Dialogue" button [which I'll call cutscene mode], it think it would go a very very long way if there was the "window height" button, that's present in the non-cutscene game [regular mode]. I.e. go from

Full (cutscene/regular game)
    Reduced (regular game)
    One line (regular game)

to

Full (cutscene/regular game)
    Reduced (cutscene/regular game)
    One line (regular game) [one line doesn't make any sense for cutscenes, but I guess you could implement it too if you wanted]

Additionally, in the cutscene mode, there is padding on the left, which isn't present in the regular mode window. That padding should be added in the regular mode.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Effiny said:

Dee said:

@Adul @Effiny

Really? If that so, that would be super great! Thanks, Dee! :-)
    I can confirm this is working in the beta version.
  • BusticationBustication Member Posts: 49
    7078: The game will no longer freeze when Starting Over during character creation after importing a priest character

I'd vote for this as the most amusing esoteric bug squished to date.
  • adam77adam77 Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2014
    I do not know why you changed the window and the text size. Now is too large and ugly. The layout in 1.12. was good. Better to deal with improvement journal screen. Because it has too many bugs.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Dee said:

Successful Tests: 0 / 100
    *looks at today's date*

*despairs*
    edited February 2014

Dee said:

Successful Tests: 0 / 100
    *looks at today's date*

*despairs*
    Everyone is busy talking about the text changes. I guess not a lot of testing (at least of the requirements set out in the initial post) is going on :)
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited February 2014
    I really hope the adjustments to the text box help with the constant eye bleeding I was suffering whilst playing these games, it was starting to become a nuisance

I still want an opaque text box option though

also what does It mean about using custom sound sets? how is it any different from what we have now?
This discussion has been closed.