Skip to content

Phase III: The Usability Tune-Up

Comments

• kyoreikyorei Member Posts: 12
    mtnkill said:

Dee said:

@Casyl @kyorei @mtnkill
    This is good information, thanks. Were all of your Nexus devices made by Samsung?

Hi Dee,

Yes, I believe all N10 are made by Samsung.

Thanks!

@dee yes can confirm samsung make the nexus 10
  • Vince2013Vince2013 Member Posts: 6
    http://www.androidcentral.com/testflight-beta-testing-platform-killing-android-support-mar-21

Just a heads up in case you didn't know. Not sure if it will effect you guys
    Aron740darrenkuoDeeCrevsDaak
  • atomicsnowmanatomicsnowman Member Posts: 31
    Dee said:

@Casyl @kyorei @mtnkill

Can you tell me the following information:
    - What is the exact model of your tablet (GT-P8110, for example)?
    - In which build did you first notice the slow-down?
    - Which version of Android is your tablet running?

Hey, want to chime in that in this build my N10 is having a lot of trouble. The framerate seems okay until zooming out, once you zoom out the game does not speed back up until your character sits in one spot for a few seconds. Then it drops after a few steps.
    The framerate will also drop when Abdel makes his first turn around the castle. Makes me think that some of the background animations are killing the processor. Sound seems fine.

I've done a full restart and killed most background processes but it didn't make a difference.

Nexus 10
    Android 4.4.2
    Build KOT49H
  • RonnaannRonnaann Member Posts: 48
    Any update on 128/400?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We're up to 166 now.
    CrevsDaakRonnaanncmk24
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Dee said:

We're up to 166 now.

If the same rate of success continues, in 8 days there will only be 68 success missing to 400, for those 68, at this rate I think that 3 days will be enough.
  • rickbdmanrickbdman Member Posts: 8
    Well, I've done my two devices. ;-)
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    And the test will only get slower as it goes along, look at the numbers - 80 successful tests in the first day or so then around 40 over the next 2 days and then another 40 but this time over 3-4 days. I know that the weekend is coming up but I can't see the number going up by more than 30. At this point I think it will take us somewhere between 2 & 4 weeks to actually hit that magical 400 successful tests mark. I'm just hoping that Beamdog have just put an excessively high target on this test to keep the beta community quiet while they work on a particularly difficult issue.
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    I managed to add one other device but I was tapped out on the 2nd day of this build, nothing I can do right now but wait and lurk around the forum, sigh
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    i have a device to test, if it helps. how does one participate in this grand scheme?
  • NemoNemo Member Posts: 5
    Hello! Sony tablet z SGP321 have this magic game quite well! I don't believe myself! I have just played By on my Android!!!
    BTW: found about ten bugs very minor. Should I post them here?
    @mjs Sign up here - https://www.testflightapp.com/join/b1cfb3720207ab5fededb92c96f963b3-MTA1MjQy - I think the guys at Beamdog then have to OK you after you've signed up.

@Nemo - bugs should be submitted by responding to the email you received from Cameron Tofer informing you of the new build being available. That said you can still post your bugs here for everyone to see.
    mjs
  • etotheoetotheo Member Posts: 61
    matthileo said:
    From the comments, looks like TestFairy will be the way to go moving forward.
  • SkywiseSkywise Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2014
    I just signed up at testflight, and yes, you still need to be approved manually looks like. Kind of annoying that, since I have an LG G Pad, and I don't believe anyone else has tested that yet.
    @wigglesk and all: So my minor bugs on Sony SGP 321:
    1. Firebeard Elvenhair - if start talking from right, after the dialog Abdul instantly moves 2 squares NW
    2. Status window doesn't always show last event (not scroll down automatically)
    3. In user notes space button puts dot sometimes
    4. Back button (android) flicks everyone I edit text
    5. During fight after drinking healing potion Abdel stops fighting, until enemy hits him
    6. NOT bug, but I think numbers of items quantities should be bigger
    Wow! It's great. I have a question in mind and it is about road to Android. I played BG EE on Ipad, will it be possible after the Android release to Export my character from Ipad BG EE to Android BG 2 EE ?
  • Spellsword82Spellsword82 Member Posts: 15
    Any further news on this? Is 400 tests really necessary? :-(
    matthileo
  • Wakey638Wakey638 Member Posts: 1
    Just signed up via Testflight, happy to help.
  • Out2lunchOut2lunch Member Posts: 57

So far during other tests the counter isnt updated that often, usually 2 times or so a week.

So we could be way over the 200 mark now.

I Personally have done completed 5 tests on different devices, but not sure if each one is marked as a separate test or it only gets marked as 1.
  • veryproudmonkeyveryproudmonkey Member Posts: 10
    Out2lunch said:

So far during other tests the counter isnt updated that often, usually 2 times or so a week.

So we could be way over the 200 mark now.

I Personally have done completed 5 tests on different devices, but not sure if each one is marked as a separate test or it only gets marked as 1.
    I'm pretty sure it counts if you do 1 test per device. Any testing done after the first test on those devices do not count.

edited February 2014
    Just added a second play through for this phase, on my S3 this time. This is starting to feel more like a job now and less like fun!
  • JustphilJustphil Member Posts: 11
    Things seem to have gone a bit quiet. The last build was two weeks ago. Dee, do you have any update for us?
  • DudzioDudzio Member Posts: 81
    In my opinion without participating more people to the tests, We won't finish them anytime. Open recrutation for Android version, not PC/MAC only!
  • morikawebmorikaweb Member Posts: 1
    wigglesg said:
    The aplication may be open but I regesterd over a week ago and never got in dispite the fact that they clearly need more testers.
    mjs
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    They likely have way more tests than is showing, after all it was updated almost a week ago... I think they're just working on bug fixes and they'll restart the count when they release the next build.
  • LcacdriverLcacdriver Member Posts: 41
    edited February 2014
    Trent Oster on Twitter yesterday ...BGEE Android will be done once the outstanding bugs are fixed. We have at least one more sprint.
This discussion has been closed.