Skip to content

Breaking the summoning limit?

Is there a way to do this with a console/script command? or mod perhaps?

I can understand when the game first came out, they probably wanted to not have too many sprites on screen to prevent crashing player's computers and of course it can unbalance the game too.

But if you're not concerned with that, it'd be fun to summon up a genuine army of aerial servants, invisible stalkers, skellies, carrion crawlers, wyverns, etc.

I know you can do some stuff with project images, but I have SCS installed which I think stops most of that.

I seem to remember in the first BG you used to be able to use the wand to summon up huge hordes of monsters, which I found fun.

Comments

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Actually, in vanilla, there was no limit for lower level summons. You could march around with a legion of summoned skeletons.
    jackjackSCARY_WIZARDthe_spyderlelag200
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    edited March 2014
    You can break the limit even in SCS with project image / simulacrum.

SCS has an option to disable item use on copies so the popular elemental horde exploit using the elemental staffs no longer works. But the (reduced) spells still work so you can get additional skeleton or spider spawns.

HLAs are unaffected (even though the simulacrum copies are lower level and shouldn't have them!) so e.g. a paladin with the simulacrum helmet can gate in an additional Deva breaking both the total as well as the celestial summons limit :)
  • vangoatvangoat Member Posts: 212
    cool, i'll give it a try!
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    SethDavis said:

if everything is working properly, adding the file in this rar to your override folder should bump the limit up to 100. lemme know if it doesn't work

You are a good person. <3
    CrevsDaakNecomancer
  • BlucherBlucher Member Posts: 110
    I really wish they hadn't fooled around with stuff like this. The summoning limit, Algernon's Cloak, even Bentley doesn't purchase the same types of items he used to...
    lelag200
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742

Actually, in vanilla, there was no limit for lower level summons. You could march around with a legion of summoned skeletons.

*pssst* evil clerics can still march around with a legion of summoned skeletons

it's awesome using viconia or an evil charname to turn at places like the Shadow Temple and the Graveyard district.
    KidCarnivalCrevsDaakjackjackthe_spyder
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    mjs said:

*pssst* evil clerics can still march around with a legion of summoned skeletons

it's awesome using viconia or an evil charname to turn at places like the Shadow Temple and the Graveyard district.
    You have to find enough skellies for that, so it only works in certain places and they aren't summons. I fondly remember the days where I lead a skelly legion across Waukeen's Promenade. :)
    jackjackMontresor_SP
  • vangoatvangoat Member Posts: 212
    Just wanted to say the rar file sethdavis posted worked perfectly. Plowed through Ust Natha on the way out with 6 skellies, a spirit troll and a couple of aerial servants with no problem.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    edited March 2014
    @vangoat How do you get a spirit troll? Monster Summoning III? I never bother with them but this might actually make them worthwhile with SCS where they are pretty strong.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Don't.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    One of the most awesome moments in the game for me is attacking the Graveyard district with Viconia. Turning the entire den against their leaders is just SOOOO very satisfying. I LOVE IT.
    SchneidendCrevsDaak