Skip to content

#7597 [MULTIPLAYER] - Imprisonment/Freedom spell duplicate items

ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
edited March 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I just went through a bug playing a multiplayer game with a friend, he got imprisoned therefore his inventory was automatically transferred to mine. But after I use freedom and ask him to join the party again, he still had all his inventory, therefore we had 2 bag of holding with all the stuff inside + some items quest, and for some reason ring of gaxx has been duplicated even though he was wearing it. It happens every time btw so it is not some kind of random bug.

Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited March 2014
    Ouch.
    Item duplications are nasty, multi-player is full of them. I think that if this don't works like this, you might loose the items forever instead of having duplicates (imagine an imrpisonment on a dead magic area...).
    @Troodon80‌ @Illydth‌ I've tried to replicate but I couldn't do so by casting the spell from a scroll. I started a ToB multiplayer run a used the Console a little (and yeah, I'm making you cast a arcane spell from a scroll on the government district, I'm CE). Maybe it's with a Demilich's spell.. I'll try that. Couldn't replicate either wiht a Demilich's spells.
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    edited March 2014
    The first time my friend got imprisoned was against the captain Giyaki (not sure about the spelling -_-) in watcher's keep lvl 4, where you get the purple oil. And the second time it was against that lich at level 5 with the 2 flaming skull (not 100% sure but it was definitely lvl 4 and 5 of watcher's keep).

Also I didn't try to use imprisonment myself on my other character.

edit : actually now that I mention it, during our run in soa, some items got duplicated in the bag of holding too, crom faer scroll, hammer of thunderbolt. And during our run in ToB too, I don't know why but the poison flail got duplicated even though I already had fota +4. Maybe my save is just fucked i don't know. my save bellow, I dropped the duplicated items on the ground.
    edited March 2014
    I had a duplicated Bag of Holding once, in a single player game, but it was vanilla so I couldn't do more than just a party about it.
    I am still unable to replicate the issue, all the items are moved the the PC's inventory and none of them are actually replicates, which version of the game are you using (press O to see it in the Options menu)? And which platform(Mac, PC or iPad)?
    Gate70 said:

It has to be 2 people, just being in multiplayer on your own is not enough and this behaviour exists in the original game.

Oh, didn't thought of that.
    Gate70 said:

A spare Flail of Ages and containers are the most noticable when one of us is petrified or imprisoned. Possibly something to do with item attributes (opcodes?) as plot-critical or similar.

Yes, it's a flag, the same as Unsellable from NearInfinity, I don't know how containers work, I think that they don't have the Unsellable flag, but they aren't sellable anyway.
    edited March 2014
    So I tried to do it without my friend being connected and it didn't work. Tonight I will try with him and make a video. But yea as stated previously, it must be 2 players related, sometimes I have minor bug like i can't save or rest anymore and it will usually be solved by reconnecting or at worst making a new room. My bg is up to date on win7.

If it doesn't work then I will have to try the fight again, that might take some time though -_-
    I just made a video and I can repeat the bug over and over with 2 players.

CrevsDaak
    @Gate70 @Troodon80 today I tried accidentally with @Quartz in multiplayer, he got petrified while he had the Potion Case from Thalantyr, and it appeared in my PCs inventory and his character still had it (this came handy since we can' teleport' the potions now :P).
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @CrevsDaak @Gate70, it is actually possible to replicate this on your own. Just start two instances of the game, click multiplayer for both, have one create a game and the other join it (make sure you use two different names). Cast Imprison or Flesh to Stone on the second character (not the protagonist) while they have a bag of holding and then cast either Freedom or Stone to Flesh on the second character.

Logged as #7597.
    hook71CrevsDaak