Skip to content

Haste not working? Ipad version

bigrobbigrob Member Posts: 10
I'm having a problem with haste - it's not giving the extra attack.

Here is a screen shot of Viconia before being hasted, with one attack per round:

Here is a screen shot of her after being hasted, showing two attacks per round. So far, so good:

And here is a screen shot of the hasted Viconia's combat log, showing she is only getting one attack a round:

I'm using the ipad version, is anyone else experiencing this problem? I've attached the ipad save game using 7-zip.

Comments

• bigrobbigrob Member Posts: 10
    Dual wielding and hasted, Viconia gets 3/2 attacks per round, not the 3 she should get.

Korgan dual wielding and hasted gets 2 attacks per round, not the 9/2 he should get. Unhasted, Korgan is getting the 7/2 he should get, more than when he's hasted. So haste is reducing the number of attacks Korgan is getting.
    Given that there is a known bug where haste changes a 7/2 attack per round to 4 attacks per round, instead of 9/2, it looks like in my game haste is halving the number of attacks I should be getting.
    So each round lasts half as long under haste? Checking the troll, the troll is also getting 3/2 attacks a round, not the three it should get. That's a relief.
    I wonder if my hasted sorcerer gets to cast a spell every 3 seconds?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Re-tagging @CrevsDaak‌.
  • HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    edited March 2014
    @bigrob‌
    No, as stated in the spell's description, haste does not increase the number of spells that can be cast per round. If it did, haste would be even more OP than it already is. ;)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited March 2014
    Hum, sorry @Troodon80 and @Gate70 I was busy.
    I can confirm that it's working wrong... Look at this picture I 'glued' with PS. image
    Dual wielding w/Haste gives me 3/2 with a Cleric, Improved Haste on a thief with Gesen's Short bow gives 2 APR put it says that it's giving 4.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I can confirm that too.
    I tried to haste my sorcerer and a skeleton. Both made just 1 APR.
    CrevsDaak said:

Improved Haste on a thief with Gesen's Short bow gives 2 APR put it says that it's giving 4.

Hey, I missed that line!!!! i thought we were only talking about haste.
    I was sure that improved haste was working great in my previous blak pits 2 game, so I just made a check.
    Here's what happened:
    I have a fighter/mage and a sorcerer.
    The sorcerer casted IH on the F/M while the F/M was casting Time Stop.
    Time stop should last for 3 rounds, but during time stop I had 6 auto-paused: round end.
    Wich means that during haste each round is halved in 2 semi round (wich is a known fact).
    I had no opponent acting during time stop, but i made 21 attacks during the time stop ( I should have make 24 but I had to move from an enemy to another enemy, so it's basicallt correct).
    So the issue isn't the APR of the hasted character, but eventually the APR of the non hasted enemies.
    Pibaro said:

CrevsDaak said:

Improved Haste on a thief with Gesen's Short bow gives 2 APR put it says that it's giving 4.

Time stop should last for 3 rounds, but during time stop I had 6 auto-paused: round end.
    Wich means that during haste each round is halved in 2 semi round (wich is a known fact).
    Oh, crap, didn't thought of that one... I think that the issue is that the Auto Pause triggers every half a round instead of in every round.
    @Troodon80 could this be the issue? That the rounds are being halved in attack terms/doubled in duration terms??
    From what I can tell, the length of time a round lasts is being halved. A round should last six seconds. When Haste is active on my character, the 3/2 attacks turns into 3 and the rounds only last three seconds. The auto-pause detects that the round ends after half the normal time (instead of still going the full six seconds, could be a bug there, not sure). If you assume that a round should still go for six seconds, then the number of attacks is accurate. Likewise with spell durations. Casting Improved Haste with one character while at exactly the same time casting something like Power Word, Silence (7 rounds long), the actual effect of Power Word, Silence should go for 14 rounds on the Hastened character and 7 on a non-Hastened character.

Rounds are treated on a per character basis in-game. So, for example, if you have Abdel attacking Imoen and Imoen attacking back, Abdel's round will end at a different time than Imoen's round if he has both Improved Haste and is proficient with the weapon being used.

As an example:

Round ends are marked in blue, Abdel's attacks are marked in red, and Nalia's attacks are marked in green.

Nalia gets 1 attack per round, while Abdel, with Improved Haste, gets 5.

Each of Abdel's rounds last three seconds, while Nalia's last six.
    @CrevsDaak,
    CrevsDaak said:

That the rounds are being halved in attack terms/doubled in duration terms??

Yes, that appears to be it.

I don't think there is an actual bug here, so shall I move it to Not An Issue?
    @Troodon80‌ yes, move it to not an issue, this is working properly despite of being weird and halving/doubling effects during (improved) haste.
    @CrevsDaak, it was probably an easy way of dealing with two things: the animation and timing. You can have a maximum of five attacks per hastened round, and two rounds in the time it takes for someone else to complete one round. Having a possible ten attacks in three seconds would look silly and would also mean that for those not hastened, they would see the attacker getting 20 attacks in the time that they might only be able to get 2 or 3. So far as the rounds go, you can still assume a round lasts approximately six actual seconds, but with a pause in-between. Spell durations last the same length of real time*, it's just that the rounds are split due to being ticks rather than seconds. It's weird, yes, no doubt about that. :-)

* If you take 'Power Word, Silence' at 7 rounds, each round being 6 seconds long, that's 42 seconds; if you count you can find that it's the same length of real time whether you are hastened or not. From the perspective of anyone who is not under the effects of Improved Haste, it's the same number of rounds for them as it is for those who are dashing around at lightening speed.
    edited March 2014
    @Gate70, spell durations are doubled in the sense that with a hastened character the number of rounds is doubled, but that the time is actually the same. As I said, for a hastened character, the time it takes for a round to end is halved (a hastened character can get two rounds where a person not under the effect of Haste will only get one round per six seconds).
    I'm sure that during a time stop I could cast 3 spells even when hasted.
    As I said, during my black pits 2 run, I hasted and time stopped hundreds of times, so I'm pretty sure everything is working as intended.
    @Gate70, it actually seems that spell casting rounds remain unaffected. A spell casting round still appears to be six seconds. Note that the effects of Haste and Improved Haste are not supposed to affect the speed of spell casting. So it does appear that everything is working, even if a bit strange so far as the operation goes.