Skip to content

Beta Update (12/9/2013)

13»

Comments

• BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    Time is passing.. when is this patch supposed to go live?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Blash
    I think that it will not be release during this month, since Dee announced that Beamdog studios are now closed for Xmas holiday. Hopefully next year.
    Anyway, patch 1.2 fixed a lot of things and now the game is far more polished! Sure, there are some little bugs here and there, but I am enjoying BG without any serious issues.
    Niente backstab con Imoen biclassata? Se lo chiami "little bug".. ;-) Va be', vedo di andare avanti con Fallout 3 :-)

No backstab with dual classed Imoen? If you call it "little bug".. ;-) But ok, I'll stick with Fallout 3 for some time :-)
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    I really do not think it is something that makes you impossible to go further in your adventures. I hope you have no nightmares because of that LITTLE bug.
  • Raphite01Raphite01 Member Posts: 20
    Raphite01 said:

Do you expect that the game-freeze playability issue that some Mac players have having will be addressed in this patch?

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/22944/game-freezes-after-last-update/p1

Any insights yet on whether the patch will make the game playable again for people with this issue?

I'd be nice to know whether it's worth holding out for the fix.

• dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    @Dee Any update regarding the patch progress ? For this patch and in general for Baldur's gate: Enhanced Edition (i asume the project is not dead yet, though no updated no news no timeline)
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    @Dee What happened to this patch?

Also could you guys please push out a BG2EE patch. It actually needs one way more than BGEE does. Harper's Call, Slayer Form, Spirit Armor, the EE npc quests being really shaky in ToB especially, etc. Just release small patches that fix the most glaring issues instead of trying to fit everything into one big one.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Messi said:

@Dee What happened to this patch?

Also could you guys please push out a BG2EE patch. It actually needs one way more than BGEE does. Harper's Call, Slayer Form, Spirit Armor, the EE npc quests being really shaky in ToB especially, etc. Just release small patches that fix the most glaring issues instead of trying to fit everything into one big one.

Admittedly I don't know why they don't have the same kind of thing for the BG2EE owners from Beamdog that they have for the BGEE (an option to download the newest beta build). For some users at least having access to a beta would help expose problems with the latest build.
    Waiting..
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Yep, we really could use some news about what's going on patch-wise on BG:EE and BG2:EE.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Aranthys said:

Yep, we really could use some news about what's going on patch-wise on BG:EE and BG2:EE.

Agreed. Patch-wise and DLC-wise.
  • ricbus70ricbus70 Member Posts: 2
    @Dee, any news about this patch? Is it supposed to go live anytime soon? Thanks.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Dee said:

Want to know what's in this update? Keep reading!

· 6941: The "Luck" spell no longer removes the target's weapon proficiencies
    · 6690: Dual-class characters now receive the correct number of hit points when imported
    · 6679: Journal entries no longer disappear when scrolling on the Journal screen
    · 6666: Arriving on the east side of an area now correctly places the party at the edge of the map
    · 6639: Spells that can be written into the mage’s spellbook now display a green overlay
    · 4077: User journal entries created during multiplayer no longer appear as invalid strings when created
    · 6592: Portraits larger than 1024x1024 now display an error message if selected on the Custom Portrait screen instead of crashing the game
    · 2259: Characters that deplete a stack of ammunition will now automatically switch to the next stack if one is available
    · 2216: Combat music no longer cuts off when changing interface screens
    · 5733: Subtitles now display in the correct width during movies
    · 2218: The game no longer remains paused after resting (this prevents duplicate spawns from appearing in towns or other areas where rest is interrupted)
    · 7092: In languages other than English, dual-classed thieves no longer get stuck with x0 backstab multipliers instead of x3
    Will I need to start a new game for these updates to work?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @SharGuidesMyHand
    Those fixes should work with existing games. The Luck spell fix won't restore your lost proficiencies, though.

As for news, I would look to the Road to Android forum for our current work. That's where most of our focus is right now.
  • mormegil27mormegil27 Member Posts: 27
    I would like to request the fix to the SD backstab for the next patch. Problem: SD gets x2 backstab at level 9 instead of level 5 as the kit says. This is game breaking for bg1 because the whole point of HIPS is to backstab more often with less punch. By level 9 bg1 is basically over, and that is the first time you get to use the class' primary ability.

I don't see why this couldn't be easily fixed, isn't it simply a check script at lvl up?
  • mormegil27mormegil27 Member Posts: 27
    edited February 2014
    I have to admit this really shows the huge drawback of playing an rpg on ipad. I purchased bg:ee to play on the go and try the new kits. If i had it on PC I'd just edit the SD script and away I go, but I'm not breaking the ipad just for this game. I think the number of areas where bugs can ruin the experience is much broader with an rpg.

I assume I can't port my ipad version over to the PC?

Edit: not intending to disparage the BD team, I think you've done a good job of adding content to the game. I'm sure everyone has their least favorite bug - this one is especially annoying to me because you invest time into a play-through only to find your class choice is broken half way through. If this were just a bad spell (luck) or broken quest it wouldn't be that big a deal.
    Post edited by mormegil27 on
  • EffinyEffiny Member Posts: 378
    Please could anyone from devs (or fans) confirm that there is going to be fix in NPC voices/quotes. I was trying to find it in patch notes (red it all) but I can't see it. Since last big patch all sounds are cut at the beginning when I click on something or when simply other NPC starts to roar its battle line. I already started disscusion about this matter in November 2013. One of the devs promised that this issue will be fixed. But when? It has been ages since I last heard full Mins's quote "Squeaky wheel gets the kick!" When I compare playing BG2EE and BG1EE, this thing always bashes in my ears, because NPC voices work perfectly in BG2EE. Thank you!!
    Dee said:

Hey folks,

We're pushing an update to the BG:EE beta right now; if you've already got access to the Beta, you can start updating your copy now. If you don't have access but would like access, send me an email ( dpennyway@beamdog.com ) with the following form, filled out based on your particular setup:

Beamdog email address:
    Version owned (Windows, Mac, or both):
    Favorite moment in BG:EE:
    Want to know what's in this update? Keep reading!
    · 6941: The "Luck" spell no longer removes the target's weapon proficiencies
    · 6690: Dual-class characters now receive the correct number of hit points when imported
    · 6679: Journal entries no longer disappear when scrolling on the Journal screen
    · 6666: Arriving on the east side of an area now correctly places the party at the edge of the map
    · 6639: Spells that can be written into the mage’s spellbook now display a green overlay
    · 4077: User journal entries created during multiplayer no longer appear as invalid strings when created
    · 6592: Portraits larger than 1024x1024 now display an error message if selected on the Custom Portrait screen instead of crashing the game
    · 2259: Characters that deplete a stack of ammunition will now automatically switch to the next stack if one is available
    · 2216: Combat music no longer cuts off when changing interface screens
    · 5733: Subtitles now display in the correct width during movies
    · 2218: The game no longer remains paused after resting (this prevents duplicate spawns from appearing in towns or other areas where rest is interrupted)
    · 7092: In languages other than English, dual-classed thieves no longer get stuck with x0 backstab multipliers instead of x3
    Have these fixes been pushed to the non-beta version finally?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Not yet; they're part of the Road to v1.3, which you can follow here.
This discussion has been closed.