Skip to content

#7612 [CORE] - Wrong HP number displayed for Multi-classes

CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
Mage/Thieves get 4 HP each level instead of 5 HP, Fighter/Thieves (Fighter/Mages, Fighter/Mage/Thieves, Fighter/Druids, Fighter/Mage/Clerics, and Fighter/Clerics) get 10 HP instead of 8, 7, 9 or 6 HP, Cleric/Mages get 8 HP instead of 6 HP, Ranger/Clerics get 8 HP instead of 9 HP.
In BG1:EE they are working fine.
Post edited by CrevsDaak on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Troodon80 @Dee any chance on getting this fixed?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Dee, looks like 6690? That's for BG:EE and dual class, not BG2:EE or multiclass. New ticket?
    @Troodon80 yes, new ticket, the tables used are those from normal classes, not like the BG:EE ones that are specifically for each multi-class.
    @Troodon80‌ have you reported this?
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    It also seems to have screwed the HP calculations AFTER level 10 - for instance, Jaheira and Melons (Ranger/Cleric) are gaining only 1 hit point each warrior level when they should gain 1 at odd levels and 2 at even levels (like they did on BG1EE).
    Not sure if this is a bug, but Aerie is also gaining 1 HP at each level of either cleric Or mage, when logic dictates that she should be gaining 1 at cleric and even mage levels and none at odd.
    @Loub yes, exactly, it happens with every single multi-class.
    Aerie should get 1 each level, not 2 as it says and gets, anyway (6 HP until 11 and then 1 HP).
    Not yet. I'm trying to find out what is actually happening. I rolled a Mage/Thief with all 10 stats, just to make sure there were no bonuses being applied. I should be getting +5 HP per level, but instead I am getting +3 (not the +4 you reported), so I need to dig. Advancing two levels (one in mage and one in thief), I got +5; which effectivly means that I am either getting +2.5 (or rounded up) per individual level, or I'm getting +5 per level but only if advancing at the same rate. Which doesn't really make any sense.

I'll need to test to ensure the numbers are correct for each class that you have mentioned.
    edited March 2014
    @Troodon80 test with a Fighter/Mage. And Fighter/Thief, etc
    Also, look at the tables with NI, it is CLASHP IIRC
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    CrevsDaak said:

@Loub yes, exactly, it happens with every single multi-class.
    Aerie should get 1 each level, not 2 as it says and gets, anyway (6 HP until 11 and then 1 HP).

I think that the reason it happens is that the game adds a minimum of 1 HP per level, but the thing is it counts each multiclass level from 2/3 classes as a distinct level, which it isn't - so it may be an engine limitation (the same also happens with 3 con mages, who will always gain at least 1 hp, even if they rolled one in the die and as such should not be getting anything).
    edited March 2014
    Hm. After doing some testing between the two games (BG:EE and BG2:EE), the level-up behaviour is exactly the same. Starting at level 1 and adding XP to get to levels 2 and 3, the character gets +8 HP in both games.

The difference is in the character record screen, which states +5 and +4 for BG:EE and BG2:EE respectfully, that is reported as #7612. It certainly looks like there is something iffy going on here aside from that, but unless I know what then there is little point in reporting it. I would need to know how the HP is calculated, as per individual class level-up, both (in the case of two classes) classes levelling up, or a hybrid whereby half is given when an individual class levels up. It appears to be the latter, but would require more in-depth testing (or have one of the Team state how it is worked out).
    edited March 2014
    @Troodon80‌ In BG:EE, the multi-classes have thier single classes HP summed, and then divided by two, so a Mage/Thief gets (6+4) : 2 = 5, Fighter/Mages get (10+4) : 2 = 7, etc.
    In BG2:EE, a Fighter/Mage uses the Fighter HP Table instead of it's own Multi-Class table, so they get 3 HP more each level and then 1 HP more each level after level 10.
    Here, he's level one in both classes, HP is 7, Normal Difficulty. image Here I am giving 10.000 XP to a Fighter/Mage, so he reaches level 3 in both classes, BG:EE, he gets 21 HP, which is correct. image Here I give him 750.000 XP, enough to pass some more levels, I get 66 HP correctly.image Then I go to BG2:EE, I give the same amount of XP to level up... But I get the +10 per lvl message in the Record/Inventory screen, but I gain the correct HP. image Then I go and take a look to the HPCLASS.2DA.
     BG:EE
    FIGHTER HPWAR
    BERSERKER HPWAR
    WIZARD_SLAYER HPWAR
    KENSAI HPWAR
    DWARVEN_DEFENDER HPBARB
    RANGER HPWAR
    ARCHER HPWAR
    STALKER HPWAR
    BEAST_MASTER HPWAR
    PALADIN HPWAR
    CAVALIER HPWAR
    INQUISITOR HPWAR
    UNDEAD_HUNTER HPWAR
    BLACKGUARD HPWAR
    CLERIC HPPRS
    TALOS HPPRS
    HELM HPPRS
    LATHANDER HPPRS
    DRUID HPPRS
    TOTEMIC_DRUID HPPRS
    SHAPESHIFTER HPPRS
    BEAST_FRIEND HPPRS
    MAGE HPWIZ
    ABJURER HPWIZ
    CONJURER HPWIZ
    DIVINER HPWIZ
    ENCHANTER HPWIZ
    ILLUSIONIST HPWIZ
    INVOKER HPWIZ
    NECROMANCER HPWIZ
    TRANSMUTER HPWIZ
    WILDMAGE HPWIZ
    THIEF HPROG
    ASSASIN HPROG
    BOUNTY_HUNTER HPROG
    SWASHBUCKLER HPROG
    SHADOWDANCER HPROG
    BARD HPROG
    BLADE HPROG
    JESTER HPROG
    SKALD HPROG
    SORCERER HPWIZ
    DRAGON_DISCIPLE HPDD
    MONK HPMONK
    DARK_MOON HPMONK
    SUN_SOUL HPMONK
    BARBARIAN HPBARB
    FIGHTER_MAGE HPFM
    FIGHTER_CLERIC HPFC
    FIGHTER_THIEF HPFT
    FIGHTER_MAGE_THIEF HPFMT
    MAGE_THIEF HPMT
    CLERIC_MAGE HPCM
    CLERIC_THIEF HPCT
    FIGHTER_DRUID HPFC
    FIGHTER_MAGE_CLERIC HPFM
    CLERIC_RANGER HPFC
     BG2:EE
    FIGHTER HPWAR
    BERSERKER HPWAR
    WIZARD_SLAYER HPWAR
    KENSAI HPWAR
    DWARVEN_DEFENDER HPBARB
    RANGER HPWAR
    ARCHER HPWAR
    STALKER HPWAR
    BEAST_MASTER HPWAR
    PALADIN HPWAR
    CAVALIER HPWAR
    INQUISITOR HPWAR
    UNDEAD_HUNTER HPWAR
    BLACKGUARD HPWAR
    CLERIC HPPRS
    TALOS HPPRS
    HELM HPPRS
    LATHANDER HPPRS
    DRUID HPPRS
    TOTEMIC_DRUID HPPRS
    SHAPESHIFTER HPPRS
    BEAST_FRIEND HPPRS
    MAGE HPWIZ
    ABJURER HPWIZ
    CONJURER HPWIZ
    DIVINER HPWIZ
    ENCHANTER HPWIZ
    ILLUSIONIST HPWIZ
    INVOKER HPWIZ
    NECROMANCER HPWIZ
    TRANSMUTER HPWIZ
    WILDMAGE HPWIZ
    THIEF HPROG
    ASSASIN HPROG
    BOUNTY_HUNTER HPROG
    SWASHBUCKLER HPROG
    SHADOWDANCER HPROG
    BARD HPROG
    BLADE HPROG
    JESTER HPROG
    SKALD HPROG
    SORCERER HPWIZ
    DRAGON_DISCIPLE HPDD
    MONK HPMONK
    DARK_MOON HPMONK
    SUN_SOUL HPMONK
    BARBARIAN HPBARB
    FIGHTER_MAGE HPWAR
    FIGHTER_CLERIC HPWAR
    FIGHTER_THIEF HPWAR
    FIGHTER_MAGE_THIEF HPWAR
    MAGE_THIEF HPWIZ
    CLERIC_MAGE HPPRS
    CLERIC_THIEF HPPRS
    FIGHTER_DRUID HPWAR
    FIGHTER_MAGE_CLERIC HPWAR
    CLERIC_RANGER HPPRS
    Post edited by CrevsDaak on
    @CrevsDaak, as I said above, the difference between the character record is what I have reported. The characters still appear to get the same amount of HP; in a test I did, both characters had 18 HP at the same levels across both games. In your example, they both have 66. So it's just the character record screen that is incorrect. If that's the only thing wrong, I'll mark this topic as #7612.

If there's anything more to it, keep posting and I'll update.
    CrevsDaak
    @Troodon80 very well, looks like I mistook something but there was something weird also. I'll test something now... something very cool... 20 HP per level for each class! (just to test where's the problem).
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, it works. NVM. (I was trying if the HPCLASS.2DA changes something.
    imageimageimage
    EDIT: I does happen with Single classes. Crap. Looks like you can't change the Multi-classes' HP tables from HPCLASS.2DA.
    edited March 2014
    @Troodon80‌: I haven't tried with a Multi-class before, now I try with a multi-class, want to know WHAT happens? ok, the HPCLASS does not work for Multi-classes, yes, just that, it don't works. Just use this two files, drop them in your override folder, try with 1) A vanilla fighter 2) A Mage Thief 3) a vanilla Cleric 4) a Cleric/Ranger. Download the files from here in case it's are not being displayed as a file attached to this post.

EDIT1: (to clarify a bit) The tables listed in HPCLASS.2DA just display the correct value in the Inventory/Record screen, so this should be updated since it confused me badly, it's easy, just copy a bunch of files from BG1:EE and done. So the Mage/Thief and the Cleric/Ranger will get their normal (probably hardcoded) HP but it displays a very misleading information. This does not happen with single classes nor dual-classes, those are changed correctly in all the ways (since they use single class HP tables).

EDIT2: I also renamed the OP accordingly to the issue you've reported (EDIT3) as 7612.
    Troodon80
    @CrevsDaak, I was almost certain of that when I reported since the same characters get the same HP in both games, regardless of the actual table. :-)

This also means that the values are still hardcoded and only externalised for the character record (which doesn't really make any sense, so that's probably a bug as well).
    CrevsDaak
    @Troodon80‌ well, I wasn't completely sure you knew this, plus I wasn't sure so I tried it. A bug for sure, since overriding single class HP table works.