Skip to content

Most hated enemy?

2»

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Azuredge is my best friend against those Iron/Adamantite Golems.
  • StrezzStrezz Member Posts: 1
    Coupling the belt 'Destroyer of the Hills' and "quaffing" an Absorption potion definitely help a ton vs. Golems - if there's anyone that hadn't thought of this yet. I tend to buy up nearly all the Potion of Absorptions in Athkatla because of how useful they are.
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    In 1, i had most trouble with two things... Ghasts and/or the other undead type, that cause stun on physical conduct. Greater doppelgangers, they were walking cheats.

In 2, i did not have any trouble at all. Except perhaps for the Greater Golems (Adamantine), Kangaxx (demilich, grrr), too many mind flayers in the same room (that was me being hasty and not them difficult) and the dragon child of bhaal in ToB (was difficult).
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited March 2014
    Jenzafar said:

I've hated so many things, but learned to deal with them. I think I still hate anything with protections I can't dispel, especially if I'm not carrying Spellstrike or something and my characters keep complaining their weapons do nothing.

Also, that spider area of Cloakwood. I go in, make a beeline for the spider nest, get that done, and get the heck out. Stupid traps + stupid Imoen = annoyance.

Yeah, I really dreaded Cloakwood in a roleplay-intensive journaled game I have going that is reload-only-if-PC-dies. The Cloakwood area transitions are hairy in a game like that because ambush spawns of spiders, ettercaps, and wyverns can be deadly at that point of the game. Because of the style of game I'm playing, the party isn't likely to be uber and they're not maxed with the most powerful gear, and all that. I will resurrect slain NPCs (depending on mood of PC and party), but it's a pain practically speaking and disrupts the flow of the game, both from a "realism" perspective and as a narrative. So I basically ran like hell from nearly every ambush when traveling between areas! (I did have them kill a wyvern, though, to complete Coran's quest.)
  • ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
    Quartz said:

I have never made Crom Faeyr and likely never will.

#justgirlyconfessions

You have not lived until you play a pure fighter and create grandmastery in hammers and katanas with 3 slots for dual wielding, and wield celestial fury and crom faeyr.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Quartz said:

#justgirlyconfessions

I only built it once...
    And I still prefer long swords+scimitars dual wield.
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    That's... a lot of undead. A serious amount of undead.

I'll be boring and say beholders are probably my least favorite. Either I cheese them (shield, or summoning and staying out of sight) or my battles turn in to a get-lucky-or-reload game, which I don't find much fun.
  • BlucherBlucher Member Posts: 110
    Vampiric Mists and Shadow Fiends (and certain Kuo Toa). They know your location on the map and go right after you, every time.
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    Trolls, because they require so much manual effort for so little experience.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    jackjack said:

Heya, for me it's Imoen.
    Every time I'm trying to move on from some horrible experience, she's there.
    I try to talk to my foster father, she's there.
    I weep over the corpse of a fallen friend, she's there.
    I try to move on from the horrors of Irenicus, she's there.
    I show up in some sort of pocket plane, and for Bhaal's sake, SHE'S THERE.
    Seriously, how many times do I have to kill you before you get it through your divine skull that I want you to leave me alone?

And then when you wake up from a nightmare, she's there. A foot away from your face. She's developed a prehensile neck, and she's carrying a plate of cookies. "Heya, it's me, Imoen!" She wants to talk about your nightmare, and compare it to the awesome dream she had, where she had a cape and could fly, and wait how did she know about Boo, you kicked her out way before you recruited Minsc, and he was petrified between then and now...
    Ugh, Dead Hand Diviner Imoen. Sorry, guys. :/

But seriously, beholder-kin. I never liked eye-lasers, even when I was little, and now I hate eye-lasers. Oh, well, at least the game doesn't have gas spores. It'd be like that one bad future from Primeval all over again. :(
  • SwordsNotWordsSwordsNotWords Member Posts: 147
    edited March 2014
    Quartz said:

#justgirlyconfessions

I'm jealous, I have a problem, every single play-through I have to make every single forgable item (Yes, even those that no-one in my party can equip) from all of Cromwell's stuff to that Beserker horn from the Bridge district. I CAN'T HELP IT!