Skip to content

Phase III: The Usability Tune-Up

Comments

• matthileomatthileo Member Posts: 59
    Dee said:

Google+ has some odd limits on the number of invites you can send before it stops you...

I'm on Google+ and was in the TF beta, but haven't gotten an invite. I assume it's related to that...
  • OverseekerOverseeker Member Posts: 2
    Dee said:

Google+ has some odd limits on the number of invites you can send before it stops you, but if you want to ensure you'll get an invite, make sure you have a Google+ account set up; it won't let us invite anyone that isn't part of the network.

Is this only for those who have previously participated in the beta? I have a Nexus 7 and a Google+ account and would be interested if the opportunity presented itself. Thanks!
  • solodsolod Member Posts: 58
    I'm on google+ and have been testing Beta with my Nook HD+ but have not got a invite on google+. I'd like to continue - my google+ email is sdungeoneer at gmail.com.
  • StarbrightStarbright Member Posts: 1
    I participated in the TestFlight Beta testing and have a google+ account. Unfortunately haven't received an invite to the next stage of testing :-(

I'll keep my fingers crossed that some how I can get back on board :-)
  • matthileomatthileo Member Posts: 59
    I just got added, didn't have to do anything. I imagine they're just sending invites to people who participated in the TF beta.
    Aristillius
  • LcacdriverLcacdriver Member Posts: 41
    edited March 2014
    How do you select peeps for invites or how do you know what our google+ account name is? Because I registered for the testing with different email.
    sonikmh
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    The email address I used for beamdog is not associated with my google+ account, do I have to do anything special to get an invite?
  • SamuraiJackJrSamuraiJackJr Member Posts: 9
    I just updated my profile with my Google+ email. Hopefully the invite will come!
  • oldguyoldguy Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 22
    edited March 2014
    @Dee how do we continue with testing if the E-mail we used with test flight was not a Google (Gmail) address? I do have a separate Gmail where do I submit these details? Thanks.
    cmk24
  • mattionsmattions Member Posts: 3
    Just wanted to Report that I've just received the invite on G+ and got into the beta (again).

To the people that are waiting I suggest to open G+ and, if they see an invitation to join the Baldurs Gate community, than you know you're in business.

I saw the opening cinematic for the first time, but all the colours were variation of a dark green. Is that intended?

When I load Abel , the circle below him is red even if I didn't attack anything. I thought when you are in a friendly environment the circle is blue.
  • knolleknolle Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    Cant finish the test? Wandered through candlekeep, talked to gorion, watched the cutscene and read the followong text...but i just dont get the message regarding the test being successfully completed...instead i just end up in the area in front of candlekeep, which i then cannot leave anywhere (out of bounds error)... can anyone tell me what i do wrong? Repeated the process several times now and still i have no clue... would love to help though, for the game plays sooo flawless on my note 2
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    @mattions‌ I don't believe the green is unintentional, on my Tab 3 I don't see the green effect although I have seen the screenshots on G+.

The red circle is (I believe) correct behavior. Each party character (although it might be class based, I'm not sure) has their own coloured circle round their feet, Abdel's is red. When you get into the second area you will see that Imoen's circle is pink and other characters will have other colours. When you are moving character etc. it makes it easier to see who is moving to where.
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    @knolle check the Baldur's Gate google community for posts about the beta, that seems to be where all the action is at the moment. FYI, I had the same issue. The first version of the "demo" was intended to end at the end of Chapter 2, but some resources were missed, so a second version was/will be released that ends at the end of the prologue again as usual.
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    @Dee Hello to all once again glad to be back in the testing mode! I have a question: I can't find a clear statement of the objectives for the recent build. I was able to play around in the area outside of Candlekeep and add Imoen, Xar, and Monteran to my party, but as soon as I tried to go to the next area it registered as "Wandered outside testing boundary". So my questions are: what are the objectives for the new Android build and what are the testing boundaries?
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    mattions said:

Just wanted to Report that I've just received the invite on G+ and got into the beta (again).

To the people that are waiting I suggest to open G+ and, if they see an invitation to join the Baldurs Gate community, than you know you're in business.

I saw the opening cinematic for the first time, but all the colours were variation of a dark green. Is that intended?

When I load Abel , the circle below him is red even if I didn't attack anything. I thought when you are in a friendly environment the circle is blue.

If I'm not mistaken the color can be changed in the settings to the old way (party members green, hostile red, and all others blue) but the way it is now though I believe is based on clothing colors the person is wearing.
  • LcacdriverLcacdriver Member Posts: 41
    Faydark said:

@knolle check the Baldur's Gate google community for posts about the beta, that seems to be where all the action is at the moment. FYI, I had the same issue. The first version of the "demo" was intended to end at the end of Chapter 2, but some resources were missed, so a second version was/will be released that ends at the end of the prologue again as usual.

I don't see any action in BG community about the beta...even looked under the tablet section. Can you post a link to make sure I'm in right community? I'm using the mobile app though atm, maybe it's not expanding properly.
    Huskarl2006
  • Dice42Dice42 Member Posts: 55
    Faydark said:

Can you give us a link to the community page. I cant seem to find it, granted I dont use google+ (though do have an account)
  • mtnkillmtnkill Member Posts: 26
    I just activated the G+ account for my beta e-mail last night. Now I await the invite.
  • HomerSpHomerSp Member Posts: 1
    Dice42 said:

Faydark said:

Can you give us a link to the community page. I cant seem to find it, granted I dont use google+ (though do have an account)
    It's a private community, so you need to be invited by the creator to join.
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    I can't find out how to post a link to the Google+ community for Baldur's Gate from the Google+ app. I got there by following the link from the beta invite email originally, and after I had joined, it shows up in the "Communities" menu option from the G+ side menu.
  • oshyoshy Member Posts: 5
    I have a Kindle fire HDX, how are we supposed to test from the play store? The download on the g+ group just takes you to the play store :(
  • JustphilJustphil Member Posts: 11
    Anyone else still waiting for the google+ invite or is it just me.
  • PayneLeePayneLee Member Posts: 2
    How can I join the beta? Been waiting forever to play this on Android.
  • IamTaoIamTao Member Posts: 6
    Not just you. :)
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Justphil said:

Anyone else still waiting for the google+ invite or is it just me.

I am still waiting as well...

• mtnkillmtnkill Member Posts: 26
    Yup, still waiting also.
  • cytryncytryn Member Posts: 39
    i got invite, for now i've installed game on my FunTab 7, and .... can't play, background in game is missing, i can only see characters ( like my hero or cows :D) i can move, talk, but all is in black, i think FunTab is just to weak, hope soon i will test it on better tablet
  • JustphilJustphil Member Posts: 11
    Are invites still being sent out? I took part in the last couple of beta tests, have a google+ account and used by googlemail email account to register for the first beta, but have heard nothing.
  • magimagi Member Posts: 1
    got the invite and played the demo on my 10" Motorola Xoom. The videos are very jerky and stuttery. However, the actual game plays quite smoothly. I am looking forward to the release and fear that my productivity will take a dive.
  • Peter_JohnsonPeter_Johnson Member Posts: 36
    cytryn said:

i got invite, for now i've installed game on my FunTab 7, and .... can't play, background in game is missing, i can only see characters ( like my hero or cows :D) i can move, talk, but all is in black,...

I do not know FunTab 7, but maybe you could check that you have the latest build. The first build I downloaded from Google Play had the same problems for me (on Huawei Ascend G700). The background graphic was missing in menu & game, I saw parts of GUI, characters & smoke animations. I wrote it in Google community, nobody answered, but after downloading the update from Google Play (again 1.1 GB - but on Wifi it goes quite quickly) the graphic was okay & I finished the test without problems. My guess is that they did test the first build only only on the most widely used tablets (it seems that people with Samsung & Google devices had not these problems) and only in update fixed it for more "exotic" devices.
This discussion has been closed.