Skip to content

Phase III: The Usability Tune-Up

Comments

• rickbdmanrickbdman Member Posts: 8
    I'd also like to continue to participate, tested a bunch with multiple devices with TestFlight, but missed the switch to Google until a week or so ago. I added the email address I'd used previously for testing to my separate Google+ account, nothing's come through in terms of an invite. Feels weird to publicly ask on the forum like this, but there doesn't seem to be any other recourse. I suppose I could just wait for the full version to be released, but I'd felt I was helping and providing useful info, and would prefer to continue to do so...
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    Ok, I see part of the issue here. There's a pre-existing Baldur's Gate Google+ community. That one is not the one that the Beta is being run on. The beta community is not searchable from Google+ (that I could find), so there doesn't appear to be a way for people to request to join the beta via Google+ at least.
  • LcacdriverLcacdriver Member Posts: 41
    Faydark said:

Ok, I see part of the issue here. There's a pre-existing Baldur's Gate Google+ community. That one is not the one that the Beta is being run on. The beta community is not searchable from Google+ (that I could find), so there doesn't appear to be a way for people to request to join the beta via Google+ at least.

There is not as mentioned by another forumite here, so @Dee and/or whomever, hovercraftdriver@gmail.com would get one more eager tester into the fray :-)
  • FooFoo Member Posts: 1
    Is there any update as to the number of tests completed/remaining for this phase?
  • djseemanndjseemann Member Posts: 10
    invite me plz mrkeks.mitino@gmail.com
  • PayneLeePayneLee Member Posts: 2
    I would love an invite. p4ynel33@gmail.com
  • dethbringredethbringre Member Posts: 18
    If you need a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 or Galaxy Note tester --- slaeyre@gmail.com
  • tulldurutullduru Member Posts: 2
    Hello there I am using Galaxy Note 3. If it's in the list you can send me invite. Thank in advance
  • JustphilJustphil Member Posts: 11
    Not sure if anyone looks at this anymore, but if invites still being issued then justphil100@gmail.com
    tullduru
  • cytryncytryn Member Posts: 39

cytryn said:

i got invite, for now i've installed game on my FunTab 7, and .... can't play, background in game is missing, i can only see characters ( like my hero or cows :D) i can move, talk, but all is in black,...

I do not know FunTab 7, but maybe you could check that you have the latest build. The first build I downloaded from Google Play had the same problems for me (on Huawei Ascend G700). The background graphic was missing in menu & game, I saw parts of GUI, characters & smoke animations. I wrote it in Google community, nobody answered, but after downloading the update from Google Play (again 1.1 GB - but on Wifi it goes quite quickly) the graphic was okay & I finished the test without problems. My guess is that they did test the first build only only on the most widely used tablets (it seems that people with Samsung & Google devices had not these problems) and only in update fixed it for more "exotic" devices.
    yes i have latest build, i have info from another FunTab 7 tester, and he has same black screens :(
    i saw your post on Google community, and first thing i have done was checking for available update :P
  • chayneschaynes Member Posts: 1
    Hi, please send me an invite to test: mjmcc88@gmail.com
    I have several devices and have purchased this game on PC to support you guys, but I'm waiting to play it on Android. Want to do anything I can to speed up the process.
  • IamTaoIamTao Member Posts: 6
    No word from devs. Seems like the move to Google+ has become a very exclusive beta group. :)
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    Not much happening on the Google+ group either. Most of the activity was on the first day or two, with people joining and getting the download done, reporting initial results and bugs.
  • LrdApocLrdApoc Member Posts: 10
    Kindle Fire users are no longer able to test as I suspected without rooting our devices. I was so happy to have support, but I guess it makes sense.
  • lbalba Member Posts: 8
    LrdApoc said:

Kindle Fire users are no longer able to test as I suspected without rooting our devices. I was so happy to have support, but I guess it makes sense.

Nothing makes sense on this beta-testing.

etotheoMoraven
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    Yeah, an unrooted kindle can't access google play services, but it shouldn't stop it from being released in the amazon market place later though.
  • sonikmhsonikmh Member Posts: 5
    He ya! Would love an invite too: sonik.mh@gmail.com ,)
  • dethbringredethbringre Member Posts: 18
    So is the beta for android still going on? Or has this been back burnered again? I know they had some testflight issues it looks like, but is it back on or...?
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    @dethbringre Yes, it's back on in the google play store right now... still some bugs needing squashed, but it's definitely making progress, it seems.
    Aristillius
    Wouldn't know. I seem to have been dropped, even though I have a Google+ account ... It would have been nice if the accepted list carried over.
    @Dee @Beamdog @whomever else is listening....this is really getting to be ridiculous. I manage 75 people and if I went a day, much less days or weeks without communicating with them, the majority would walk and the others wouldn't be productive and my business would fold. I understand we are not employees here, but the premise holds true just the same. We aren't in your shoes and I know the daily grind is overwhelming at times, but it only takes a minute to post something, a status of some kind. Can that really be too much to ask?
    SertoriusMoravenetotheoAristeuein
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We're setting things up. In the mean-time, I've given the TestFlight contact list another pass, so if you were a beta tester on TestFlight and you have a Google+ account with the same email address you should have access to the build on Google Play.
    LcacdriverAristeuein
    Thanks for the info, Dee. I saw that about an hour after you posted and updated my TestFlight email. Not sure if that drops me out or not now. Either way, we really appreciate the communication. :-)

While not afraid to raise the BS flag, I also give due when due, so thanks @Dee for the update...very much appreciated. BTW, didn't use gmail for testflight, but gave gmail above :-)
  • brandon77brandon77 Member Posts: 1
    How to download beta?
  • sonikmhsonikmh Member Posts: 5
    Oh snap, I have registered with different email! %-) And I'd love to continue with the testing. @Dee‌ any chance of including me and others in this thread with the same issue? ,)
    cmk24
  • PartyLikeANinjaStarPartyLikeANinjaStar Member Posts: 15
    I wish I could beta test this. I've only played the game countless times since its release when I was a wee lad of only twelve years. Sixteen years later and it's still all I think about.
  • Fork_DenturesFork_Dentures Member Posts: 1
    Any way to become part of the beta test? Anything to get this on Android! ASUS Transformer Prime with Android 4.1.1
  • knochnkopfknochnkopf Member Posts: 1
    Would love the chance to join the beta test. Any way for new users to join via Google?
  • BrandonAJBrandonAJ Member Posts: 2
    I was on testfligth too.... please invite me with my gmail adress bajw666ATgooglemail.com
    AT = @ ;)
    THX
This discussion has been closed.