Skip to content

The Tale of the Totemic Druid

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hey, @jackjack , what's the joke?;)
    lolien
  • ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
    BTW, is that a sphere of chaos spell going off around Daveorn?
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    @ZaknafeinBaenre, looks like a Teleport Field to me.
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovlolien
    Ah, gotcha.
    lolien
    awesome. He's well on his way. Kill the Iron Throne leaders in candlekeep? Care in the catacombs, don't forget about the traps and spiders!
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • dustbubsydustbubsy Member Posts: 249
    He's definitely wise to have survived so long!
    jackjackJuliusBorisovlolien
    To AMN!!! Down with IRENICUS!!!

The insane number of traps and locks will make SoA solo so tedious for a druid. I got discouraged and conscripted jan :( I failed!
    BlackravenjackjackJuliusBorisovlolien
    omg omg omg!!! I'm on the edge of my seat everytime I read an update.
    JuliusBorisovGoturallolienmonico
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    edited April 2014
    The first trap in your spoiler (poison hold trap) is avoidable. There are 3 traps at the entrance of the room, but if you walk at the eastern edge (the right side facing the entrance), you wont trigger any trap. Many traps in the game have leeway where you can avoid them by walking at the edge of the traps.

There are some deadly traps in the game (flesh to stone, finger of death, powerword kill, etc). I highly recommend getting the Book of Infinite Spells. You have about 10 chances to get Spell Turning. Couple with Ironskin, your character becomes impervious to most traps in the game.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaaklolien
    Find the ring of spell turning as well!
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited April 2014
    Very good my friend! You already tackled a couple of what I would expect to be difficult encounters... I would have probably fled from the waylayers :p
    You left us with a huge cliffhanger though! Enfeeblement plus spiders and ettercaps would mean death in BG1. I see no Ironskins icon. Not sure how long the trap-variant of Enfeeblement lasts. I'll pray for Yahiko's life.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    Keep it up Yahiko! Nicely done so far. waylayers are so pesky, don't get overconfident and die carelessly! (that's what always happens to me)
    JuliusBorisov