Skip to content

The Tale of the Totemic Druid

Comments

• BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Solid as ever friend @bengoshi!
    I liked the buffing instruction, very useful :)
    Thanks for sharing Yahiko's latest exploits!
    jackjackkcwiseJuliusBorisovlolien
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Ha!
    JuliusBorisovRavenslightkcwiseCrevsDaak
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Finally, some excitement!
    JuliusBorisovlolienkcwiseCrevsDaak
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Ah man having to drink an emergency potion when your aura is turbid, always a nailbiter :D As the others, I'm very glad to see Yahiko pulled through there!

I agree that in your situation a Potion of Invisibility seems to have been an excellent solution. Do you have the Cloak of the Sewers? When you're taking a lot of physical damage, Rat form with 90% physical resistance can allow your character to heal faster (drinking potions) than the enemy can injure you, and to survive a host of hard-hitting summoned foes like the Aerial Servants you were dealing with until they are unsummoned.
    loliensemiticgoddesskcwiseJuliusBorisov
  • MalacPokMalacPok Member Posts: 96
    bengoshi said:

The rest of the game will be interesting. The level of enemies, especially their spells repertoire poses a real threat to a high-level druid. The main striking force of Yahiko (his summons) through both BG1 and BG2 has started to quickly lose its effectiveness against big group of enemies.

At this time my shapeshifter is fighting its way trough ToB. The GWW form is still surprisingly useful sometimes, but the summons (even the Deva) are only cannon-fodder at best. In most cases, I resort to hit and run tactics, trying to isolate individual enemies and bring them down with Energy Blades. By using my clone to double the damage output even tough enemies fall relatively easily. As far ranged weapons go EBs are the best. I also prefer starting the battles with me&clone-me both casting Nature's Beauty at the same time, and hoping that at least one gets trough. Once enemies are blinded it's over for them.

I'm not sure yet how to defeat Melissan, because the lack of wish-rest makes the EB-combo unusable for that battle. Probably Harm&Reload.

BlackravenkcwiseJuliusBorisovlolien
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Did I miss something? Who is Arkanis? Arkanis Gath of the Shadow Thieves? I didn't know you got any help from them.
    kcwise
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Arnaeus The pleasure is mine!

Maybe you may also check the OP here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18913/challenges-and-playthroughs-archive-make-your-submission-here-discuss-archive-categories - @Lemernis has gathered links to interesting playthroughs/run concepts
    kcwiselolienCrevsDaak
  • romsroms Member Posts: 2
    I believe it is caused by either the shapeshifting or hlas as abilities component of scs, but it's just a guess. One more note: earth elemental shapeshift in my game gives 100% DR to ALL physical (it should be 50%) so it's tad OP and therefore i choose not to use it.
    JuliusBorisovlolienBlackravenCrevsDaak