Skip to content

Ideas for a really bad NPC mod

124»

Comments

• TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    ...damn. That's an amazing idea.

Give me a minute and I'll make up a character biography and stat sheet for him.
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    @Tome‌
    Err... How can Jaheira aid him in the ruling of Baldur's Gate if the novels state she was murdered by Abazigal?
    1: I didn't want to mess up the game too much. Forcibly losing a companion in ToB could be crippling.

2: Adding a cutscene where Abazigal kills Jaheira removes player agency. I wanted to come up with a character that would be incredibly annoying/frustrating but I wanted to make it of credible quality and thus cutscene incompetence would run contrary to that desire.

3: You think I've actually read the novels!? I'm not that masochistic, seriously. :P
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    Tome said:

1: I didn't want to mess up the game too much. Forcibly losing a companion in ToB could be crippling.

2: Adding a cutscene where Abazigal kills Jaheira removes player agency. I wanted to come up with a character that would be incredibly annoying/frustrating but I wanted to make it of credible quality and thus cutscene incompetence would run contrary to that desire.

3: You think I've actually read the novels!? I'm not that masochistic, seriously. :P

Honestly, were they published in Brazil, Philip Athans would have been arrested for mysogyny, if not gross sexual misconduct. You'd do well not to touch them.
    Trust me, I have no intention to do so. :)
  • jacobtanjacobtan Member Posts: 655
    I read the first two books. Describing them as "bloody awful" is an understatement, and to call them "trash fiction" is charity.
    I kind of want to read them, if only to understand what Abdel Adrian x Saerileth....

I'm so sorry. Please, just forget you ever read that. Don't try and imagine what such a pairing would entail. For the good of all of us...
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    You just made me cry, @Tome. You're very cruel. :(
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    jacobtan said:

PC and Mary - Still a better love story than Saerileth

Fixed!

• jacobtanjacobtan Member Posts: 655
    edited April 2014
    Alright. Found this. This is an example of the t**d in the novelization. It is really THAT bad. He should have contributed to the Saerileth mod.

Abdel turned around and flinched away from a slender branch that almost caught him in the eye. The brush and trees were thick. He couldn't see Jaheira's face but could see her swatting at something. The half-elf woman took a step backward and yipped again. Abdel shouldered his way through the vegetation to her and asked, "What is it?"

Jaheira didn't answer him at first. She just proceeded to remove her leather armor.

"What are you doing?" Abdel asked again, dumbfounded.

Jaheira managed to say "Spider," and sort of hop-stepped in place as she got her bustier off. Her undershirt was loose, and she started to shake it. She made a rather convincing Calishite dancing girl. Abdel smiled in spite of his worry, still not sure what was going on.

"Are you all right back there?" Xan called from somewhere in the thick vegetation.

"I think Jaheira's run afoul of a—" Abdel started, then was interrupted by a pained yelp from Jaheira.

"Oh gods," she cried, "it bit me—it's biting me!"

A tear burst from her eye, and Abdel stopped smiling. She was trying to pull her blouse off, and he helped her. The fabric tore away with an echoing sound, and Abdel swatted the spider from between Jaheira's exposed breasts before either of them realized what he was doing. The spider jumped nimbly onto Abdel's right hand, and the sellsword slapped it with his left, leaving only a crinkling of legs in a brown spot.

"It went right—" Jaheira started to say. Abdel looked up at her, naked from the waist up, and his mouth came open. He'd never seen anything so— She clapped her hands across her chest and turned away. Even through her shoulder—length hair Abdel could see her neck blush bright red.

"I'm sorry," he said. "It's—"

"What's going on back there?" Xan asked. Abdel heard the elf approaching. Even Xan couldn't be quiet in this trailless mass of weed and tree.

"It's all right," Jaheira called, and the footfalls stopped.

Abdel realized he was still holding Jaheira's torn blouse. He held it out to her bashfully. She paused, turning her head slightly toward him, but he couldn't see her eyes.

"Keep up please," Xan remarked testily, and though Abdel still couldn't see the elf, he heard Xan turn and walkaway, in the direction the ghoul was leading them.

Jaheira waited a few seconds, also listening to Xan's receding footfalls, then she turned and reached for the blouse. Her hands came away from her body, and her eyes met Abdel's. They stood there for what seemed like a lifetime, their fingers intertwined with each other's in the smooth silk of the torn blouse. Jaheira let go first, reluctantly, and Abdel, maybe more reluctantly, turned and walked on, leaving her to dress alone.

At least, now we know that Jaheira has awesome boobs. Basically, this is how to seduce a girl, Forgotten Realms canon-style (AHEM!)

1. Flick a live spider into the girl's cleavage.
    2. As she hops around, take off her clothes.
    3. Swat her breasts. Literally. It is titillating.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Wow. That was, um, awful. I mean, I've definitely read better fanfiction at
    ASSTR.org
    , though not for Baldur's Gate. Please don't ban me for mentioning that site.
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    I just can't see Jaheira acting like such a baby over a little spider :P
    You know how druids are, what with being afraid of animals and all.
  • jamesbeiljamesbeil Member Posts: 5
    Good heavens. It's not even that the stuff he's writing about is awful, even his sentence structure makes me queasy. How the devil did this get published?
    edited July 2014
    jamesbeil said:

Good heavens. It's not even that the stuff he's writing about is awful, even his sentence structure makes me queasy. How the devil did this get published?

I dunno, but the trend still exists. We have garbage like Fifty Shades and Fallout: Equestria, which are also fanfics of a sort, and also terrible (say what you will about 50 Shades, at least it doesn't have horse sex.)
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited August 2014
    jacobtan said:

Alright. Found this. This is an example of the t**d in the novelization. It is really THAT bad. He should have contributed to the Saerileth mod.

WOTC-approved, ladies and gentlemen! :/