Skip to content

Easter is coming! Why don't we celebrate by sharing Easter Eggs. Maybe we've missed a few?

Sup fools!

I think I saw one of these discussions a while back, but rather than use super necromancy powers to resurrect it, I think since it is almost Easter we should start a new one.

Basically share something from the game, be it a secret trick or hidden reference, that many people may have overlooked.

For example, I'll start:

The names of the cats in Neera's Wild Mage Enclave are secret references to the 8 schools of magic!
Abby: Abjuration
Chanticleer: Enchantment
Connie: Conjuration
Divine: Divination
Eevo: Eevocation
Lucy: IlluCion
Nector: Necromancy

The character Bub Snikt from that area just south of Beregost is a concealed reference to Wolverine from Marvel Comics.
Bub is the pet name he commonly uses in everyday speak, to pretty much everyone who isn't a young girl (for them he uses the term " punkin' ").
Snikt, when translate from Comic Book Onomatopoeia to English is the sound that his claws make when they are unsheathed.
The character says that he can smell monsters from a far distance away. This is actually one of Wolverine's main super powers, along with other heightened senses.

What are some other Easter Eggs?

PS: Happy Easter to everyone here and their families!

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited April 2014
    As for an Easter egg, the last one I noticed was when Charname tells Dorn "I am the danger."
    I loved Breaking Bad, so that one tickled my funnybone.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    I'm going to try something new (i think..?): The items in BG look a lot like the items in Descent to Undermountain.

Sup fools!

"Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me, you can't get fooled again."

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    So, in bg1, if you go through larswood past level 5, there's this tower and....... :P
    I actually found bealoth on my own! before hearing about him here. It was pretty awesome, I love it when that sort of thing works.

There's also peter of the north in cloakwood.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    shar-teel has a couple of lines from the movie predator: she says; if it bleeds, I can kill it, when AH-Nold said; if it bleeds, we can kill it, and then another line from Shar-Teel is when she is about to die, she says; I ain't got time to bleed, which is what the other big guy in Predator says when he gets shot
  • butsambutsam Member Posts: 46
    Nobody mentioned Biff the Understudy yet? If any character is not present in the game for some reason (usually due to a rampaging party), Biff the Understudy fills the role!
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited April 2014
    So uhm guys there's a ring you can get by clicking on squirrels...
  • jacobtanjacobtan Member Posts: 655
    @booinyoureyes‌

Try taking one of my bears and you'll find out for yourself ;)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Only if you click a cow until you are teleported into the Coworld, there you can find a Squirrel with Werebear minions that you can click to get the Ring of Luck, the Werebears will only attack you if you are called Drizzt and have a reputation of 12 or lower.
    CrevsDaak said:

Only if you click a cow until you are teleported into the Coworld, there you can find a Squirrel with Werebear minions that you can click to get the Ring of Luck, the Werebears will only attack you if you are called Drizzt and have a reputation of 12 or lower.
    And if you do that, xzar and Monty betray you right before the final battle.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    CrevsDaak said:

Go on...
  • dustbubsydustbubsy Member Posts: 249
    Right click a cow enough times and it will say "Ouch. I mean Moo" if you have text for voices enable. In BG the first only I believe.
    dustbubsy said:

Right click a cow enough times and it will say "Ouch. I mean Moo" if you have text for voices enable. In BG the first only I believe.

And bears might say 'Hey Bubu, look at that nice basket!' if you charm and select them.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    butsam said:

Nobody mentioned Biff the Understudy yet? If any character is not present in the game for some reason (usually due to a rampaging party), Biff the Understudy fills the role!

You know... I have never seen Biff the Understudy in BG1
    Flashburn said:

Have you noticed how many there have been recently?

I have. You can call me Mr. Crevs the Riser.
    ajwz said:

so that whole Wellyn turning into a Revenant thing is new to me.
    My first thought was "how much xp is he worth and does he drop any loot?"

...and they say that gaming can turn you into a sociopath. pah.

I'd never even heard of a revenant.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited April 2014
    [Spoiler]So…Wilson is a furry?[/Spoiler]
    jackjack said:

So…Wilson is a furry?
    Just until LT32, when a meteorite falls over, him making him lose his hair and become bald.
  • jacobtanjacobtan Member Posts: 655

butsam said:

You know... I have never seen Biff the Understudy in BG1
    I only saw him once when I killed Resar before Narlen's cutscene.