Skip to content

A djinn pops out of a bottle and says....

Comments

• the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    TheElf said:

Hmm.
    level seven: control undead, limited wish, power word stun, project image, prot from the elements.

Um, I thought this was supposed to be IRL? Control Undead? wouldn't that be kind of a useless choice?

elminsterCrevsDaakjackjack
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

TheElf said:

Hmm.
    level seven: control undead, limited wish, power word stun, project image, prot from the elements.

Um, I thought this was supposed to be IRL? Control Undead? wouldn't that be kind of a useless choice?

Well since TheElf didn't also pick Animate Dead...

Maybe there is concern over a wish spell he/she casts backfiring, causing someone else in the world to gain magical powers as well. Then that person goes on to create an army of the undead. At which point control undead could prove useful.
    meaglothjackjackMacHurto
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    edited April 2014
    meagloth said:

Well, if everyone in this thread becomes a sorcerer, I'd be quite worried already. PvP spell-list coming up next, lol

You guys are all screwed, because while I am primarily sorcerer, I am actually a sorcerer/bard/thief/Druid (lvl 40/25/15/15) multiclass. My mother was an avariel and my father was a drow, so I'm also 50% magic resistant and I have wings.
    You're welcome!

elminsterSionIVjackjack
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited April 2014
    winters said:

meagloth said:

Well, if everyone in this thread becomes a sorcerer, I'd be quite worried already. PvP spell-list coming up next, lol

You guys are all screwed, because while I am primarily sorcerer, I am actually a sorcerer/bard/thief/Druid (lvl 40/25/15/15) multiclass. My mother was an avariel and my father was a drow, so I'm also 50% magic resistant and I have wings.

You win, just please remove that picture.
    Post edited by SionIV on
    elminsterjackjack
  • DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
    edited April 2014
    Il share my destroyer of worlds once i find it.Dont remember all he's spells at the moment brb.

Behold the mighty Sokratem lv 27:

Stats: Str:10
    Dex:18
    Con:14
    Int :18
    Wis:16
    Cha:14

Spells lv 1: Armor,Chromatic orb,Identify,Protection from evil,Protection from petrification
    lv 2: Blur,Glitterdust,Knock,Luck,Resist fear
    lv 3: Dispel magic,Haste,Melf minute meteors,Skulltrap,Slow
    Lv 4: Confusion,Greater malison,Ice storm,Improved invis,Stoneskin
    Lv 5: Breach,Chaos,Lower resistant,Spell immunity
    Lv 6: Death fog,Improved haste,Protection from magical weapons
    Lv 7: Control undead,Limited wish,Prismatic spray,Spell sequencer
    Lv 8: Abi Dalzims horrid wilting,Simulacrum,Spelltrigger,Improved mantle
    Lv 9: Black blade of disaster,Comet,Dragon breath,Energi blades,Freedom,Improved alacrity,Summon
    planetar,Timestop and Wish

Bring the pain,i can take it.Only been playing since october last year,i know its not perfect
    but i like it.Ive been testing builds in the pits to see how i like them.Didnt notice that last part about
    no damage spells..meh,to my defense i am painfully dyslectic.

Post edited by Dungeonnoob on
    CrevsDaakjackjack
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    @SionIV‌ nice one. Ask him to remove the picture then keep it on the thread with the quote feature :P
    CrevsDaak
    meagloth said:

@SionIV‌ nice one. Ask him to remove the picture then keep it on the thread with the quote feature :P

Didn't even notice that! Thank you for telling me, i'm not THAT evil. And it was a horrible picture, makes me think of Ajantis and Anomen somehow.

meaglothelminsterCrevsDaak
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    edited April 2014
    Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. At least now I know what to do if the thread starts to get off the track :>
    SionIVDungeonnoobelminsterCrevsDaak
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    SionIV said:

reincarnate

Not the lame Druid version, the Magic-User one that can reincarnate people into cool things like Dwarves and Ogre Mages and Elves.
    elminsterjackjack
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251

This is why I would take improved invisibility - there's no better spell for running away from a gaggle of insane Sorceror-types slinging HLA-level spells at each other.
    "Better part of valor!"
    elminsterDungeonnoobbooinyoureyes
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    elminster said:

jackjack said:

This is why I would take improved invisibility - there's no better spell for running away from a gaggle of insane Sorceror-types slinging HLA-level spells at each other.
    "Better part of valor!"
    Why not just take shadow door? It casts quicker. I mean sure you give up a level 5 spell for it but the casting speed just provides an extra bit of security. :)
    I have Contingencies for that :)
    DungeonnoobelminsterWolkbooinyoureyes

ehhh djinn i want to be a cleric!

Heal
    (This spells heals the target completely from diseases, blind- and deafness, feeblemind, mental disorders and injuries.)

Raise Dead

Regeneration

Protection from Fire, Ice, Lightning

I would have enough work to do,...

Until you get shot through the head with a gun, and you wish you had picked protection from normal missiles!
    jackjackWolkCrevsDaakbooinyoureyes
  • HerrderGezeitenHerrderGezeiten Member Posts: 139
    edited April 2014
    Maybe, every one can die. (Physical Mirror would help,.. but you must cast first,..)
    Even a mighty sorcerer,...

^^
    But at last with that many Sorcers around i would be shure to have one ore more at my command.

Why would they ? You ever watcht some one die next to you and you couldn`t do anything?
    Your friends? your Family? Oh mighty Sorcerer, some times you feal realy powerless,..

Your "wish" is a trap with low Wis.

Ps.: What do you think is your RL HP Regeneration?
    CrevsDaak
    SionIV said:

Until you get shot through the head with a gun, and you wish you had picked protection from normal missiles!

Or stoneskin. Which actually could explain quite a lot. Any number of politicians in existence would appear to have heads made of rock.

SionIVCrevsDaak

SionIV said:

Or stoneskin. Which actually could explain quite a lot. Any number of politicians in existence would appear to have heads made of rock.

Rasputin didn't die of hypothermia and drownification, he was disintegrated!
    seriously 18 Constitution my [REDACTED], dude had to have had like a 20 - 25 CON. Or just been part-tarrasque. :/
  • Ploughed_JesterPloughed_Jester Member Posts: 93
    Yeah, well those 2-pac albums keep coming out... so... yeah...
    jackjackelementDungeonnoob

Know alignment= helps avoid bad dates

LOL. Yeah.

Dungeonnoob

Yeah, well those 2-pac albums keep coming out... so... yeah...

His and Tolkien's ghosts need to get together and make more posthumorous stuff.
    CrevsDaakPloughed_Jester
    edited April 2014
    Okay, here goes:
    1: Blindness, Color Spray, Find Familiar, Infravision, Spook
    2: Glitterdust, Knock, Luck, Know Alignment, Strength
    3: Dispel Magic, Invisibility 10' Radius, Protection from Cold, Protection from Fire, Protection from Normal Missiles
    4: Improved Invisibility, Polymorph Other, Polymorph Self, Stoneskin, Wizard Eye
    5: Domination, Protection from Acid, Protection from Electricity, Protection from Normal Weapons, Shadow Door
    6: Contingency, Globe of Invulnerability, Improved Haste, Mislead, Power Word: Silence, Stone to Flesh
    7: Mass Invisibility, Prismatic Spray, Project Image, Protection from the Elements, Spell Sequencer
    8: Maze, Power Word: Blind, Protection from Energy, Simulacrum, Spell Trigger
    9: Absolute Immunity, Chain Contingency, Freedom, Shapechange, Time Stop
    10: Improved Alacrity
    DungeonnoobFinneousPJSCARY_WIZARDelminster
    jackjack said:

Okay, here goes:
    3: Dispel Magic, Invisibility 10' Radius, Protection from Cold, Protection from Fire, Protection from Normal Missiles
    4: Improved Invisibility, Polymorph Other, Polymorph Self, Stoneskin, Wizard Eye
    5: Domination, Protection from Acid, Protection from Electricity, Protection from Normal Weapons, Shadow Door
    6: Contingency, Globe of Invulnerability, Improved Haste, Mislead, Power Word: Silence, Stone to Flesh
    7: Mass Invisibility, Prismatic Spray, Project Image, Protection from the Elements, Spell Sequencer

When one invisibility (Invisibility 10' Radius) isn't enough, you need to have a backup plan.

More like 3 of them. (Improved Invisibility, Shadow Door, Mass Invisibility)
    Dungeonnoobjackjackelminster
    SionIV said:

jackjack said:

Okay, here goes:

When one invisibility (Invisibility 10' Radius) isn't enough, you need to have a backup plan.

More like 3 of them. (Improved Invisibility, Shadow Door, Mass Invisibility)
    I don't sleep much - I'd hate to run out of spells! xD
    elminsterCrevsDaak