Skip to content

Tiax (Spellhold)

SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
Isn't he casting arcane spells when you fight Irenicus?

It just hit me now that he's in spellhold and throwing arcane spells at Irenicus when you fight him. But he's a C/T in Baldur's gate. I have no idea how i've missed this so many times.

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Are you sure? I've never looked that closely at what he casts, but his .CRE files and scripts (at least after a quick look) seem to have him as a C/T and using divine magic, both memorized spells and script casts.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited April 2014
    I just looked at him in NI and he actually casts a wide assortment of spells, both arcane and divine. No clue how he does it unless...
    He really does rule all! Or at least he can break all the rules.

Scratch that. It looks like he has a wide variety of spells memorized but his script makes him cast a few cleric spells and then just attack. So he is just a cleric/thief then...
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    He is crazy, after all. Given the effectivity of those mages in the battle, my take is he shouts things like "flamming arrow!" "Globe of invulnerability!" Or whatever but nothing actually happens. Haven't been in a playthrough where they did anything useful, sadly
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Isn't he the only none arcane caster that is in spellhold?
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    I have no idea why i remember him throwing arcane spells, I've been looking at some movies on youtube and he seems to do the Strength '10 and then what seems to be true sight that gets interrupted.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2014
    Yea looks like he's got a mix of arcane spells (magic missile, lightning bolt, stoneskin and many others) and priest spells.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    elminster said:

Yea looks like he's got a mix of arcane spells (magic missile, lightning bolt, stoneskin and many others) and priest spells.

Guess he had time to learn from his neighbors.