Skip to content

Text Replaced With Ivalid: (#####)

NPC names, dialogue, item descriptions; all rendered to meaningless error code. There was a post about this in December but it was never resolved.
Note: I just reinstalled this from Steam. I do not have any mods installed. I've also verified the game cache with no change.

Comments

• WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    Did you try reinstalling it again? Might work...
    Or else go in support area of the forrum...
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Sounds like something is corrupting the Dialog.tlk... Not sure what that would be... Lousy internet connection? Old computer?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Are you using an old save or a new one (post-reinstall)?
  • OGRastamonOGRastamon Member Posts: 5
    Wolk said:

Did you try reinstalling it again? Might work...
    Or else go in support area of the forrum...

As I said, the game was just installed and then verified. Yes it might work but it hardly seems the wisest and most productive path.
    Jalily said:

Are you using an old save or a new one (post-reinstall)?

The problem exists with both old saves and new games.
    Tresset said:

Sounds like something is corrupting the Dialog.tlk... Not sure what that would be... Lousy internet connection? Old computer?

Do you mean a lousy connection during the install? Because I don't understand how it would be relevant during gameplay. Anyway, with a 50MB modem my connection is usually fine.
    The reason I haven't yet taken this to Bugs is that I know I'm not the first to experience this. Surely someone can point me towards a fix if there is one.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,181
    Can you upload your dialog.tlk here? It's in your game folder in lang/en_US folder (if you're using english language.
    Done.

NOTE: I have just reinstalled again and begun a new game. The problem persists.
    Sorry but I'm not having any success with the uploader.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    You'll need to zip up the file first.