Skip to content

THE GAME IS NOW AVAILABLE!

Comments

• MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    Just wanted to say after all of this time I am very happy with the results of the Android version on my Nexus 7 2012 and after almost completing my first run, I'm convinced this is my preferred Baldur's Gate experience. Thank you Beamdog for this great edition I wouldn't be enjoying my favorite game so much again without you!
    Dice42Pibaroneokarny
  • ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
    It is a great accomplishment, finally achieved.
  • Spellsword82Spellsword82 Member Posts: 15
    I was a complainer about time to release but instantly bought as soon as I could once accepted on beta. It works perfectly on my Nexus 7 (2013). Im ecstatic to be playing this on tablet. Thanks for the effort put in for Anroid compatabillity, it was well worth it. BG2 will also be another insta-buy.
    Aristillius
  • lord_calflord_calf Member Posts: 6
    So far i just downloaded it to my ASUS Tablet and it works as i love it ...

BUT ... as iam into the german version i really hope we dont have to wait to the german voiceover like we had on the PC before !!!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The Android version should have the German voices working already.
  • atomicsnowmanatomicsnowman Member Posts: 31
    So through a strange turn of events I ended up having to reflash 4.2.2 on Nexus 10 (it was already stock 4.2.2). Basically I had a background process that was chewing battery like mad and I got tired of trying to find out what it was. On a completely fresh 4.2.2 KOT49H it still slows down and stutters but not quite as much as I was experiencing before re flashing.
  • shin80shin80 Member Posts: 2
    Where do we report bugs?
    I'm playing on Galaxy Note 3. Joia's house in Friendly Arm Inn cannot be entered for some reason. Not sure whether it's an interface/input issue specific to the device or an issue specific to Android.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    shin80 said:

Where do we report bugs?
    I'm playing on Galaxy Note 3. Joia's house in Friendly Arm Inn cannot be entered for some reason. Not sure whether it's an interface/input issue specific to the device or an issue specific to Android.

It looks like most people are posting bugs in the android section: http://forum.baldursgate.com/categories/android

As for getting into Joia's house, you can do it, but the target area is very small (a small triangle just above the door). If you zoom all the way in it makes it a bit easier.
  • tzughjtzughj Member Posts: 1
    Thank you for your effort Beamdog. I've been looking forward to playing BG on my tablet for so long and honestly had kind of given up on the idea. I tinkered around with GemRB but was annoyed by the controls not being touchscreen optimized. Now my little party has just arrived in Beregost and picked up Neera.

I can't wait for BG2 on Android, this is gonna be another insta-buy.
  • cynaescynaes Member Posts: 2
    First of all: thanks for delivering the Android Version of BGEE. When can we expect to see BGEE2 on Android? O:)

Second, I would like to point out that the German description used in the Play Store doesn't quite fit the actual product (at least it's somehow open for interpretation). The current description is as follows:

Die Baldurs's Gate: Enhanced Edition beinhaltet sowohl das epische, 60-ständige, ursprüngliche Abenteuer, als auch die folgenden Erweiterungen : (long list of items, e.g. new sound sets, new companions, new portraits etc.)

Literally this translates to:

The Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition includes the epic, 60-hour, original adventure, as well as the following Add-Ons: (long list)

This essentially means that - according to the description - BGEE already includes everything that is actually available through in-app purchases (at least that's the way it was when I bought the app as well as all of the rest through in-app purchases). Apart from the general marker in the Play Store that denotes in-app purchases there is absolutely no hint of in-app purchases in the description. In fact, quite a few of the initial reviews complained about the existence of in-app purchases, as their intention isn't made clear in the description (to add additional content that was not part of the original games). Right now I'm pretty sure that anyone could return the game (even after the grace period) and claim false advertising.

I'd suggest adding a simple explanation as well as explicitly marking all available in-app purchases (e.g. [Zusätzlicher Inhalt der nicht im Originalspiel enthalten war. Kann durch In-App-Kauf freigeschaltet werden] directly after all in-app purchases).

I really want this game to be a success, so I can play BGEE2 on my tablet :)
    jackjackAristillius
    That's a good catch. The English text does explain the difference; I'll get the other languages retranslated.
  • damuridamuri Member Posts: 2
    OK, so I'm done. Now what? I guess I'll get some work done while you port over BG II.
  • InvigiliusInvigilius Member Posts: 3
    I have found another possible bug. After talking to Neb in the Flaming Fist jail in order to free myself, the user interface disappears, so I cannot save, cast spells, get into character's inventory...
    JonahInTheWhale
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605

I have found another possible bug. After talking to Neb in the Flaming Fist jail in order to free myself, the user interface disappears, so I cannot save, cast spells, get into character's inventory...

I have seen this too, there are several ways around it. Some people have had luck forcing an auto-save and then reloading that (i.e. move to a different map). If you have a physical keyboard you can hook up to your tablet, then the GUI might come back when you pause the game, if so you can just do a hard save (not a quick save) and reload from that.

JonahInTheWhale
  • JonahInTheWhaleJonahInTheWhale Member Posts: 1
    Port is great, some small bugs spoted (Samsung N5100). Excuse my English, i'm from Russia.
    1. In the very last of the locations under Candlekeep there is a rythmic flickering of water from normal color to black.
    2. Strange texture of water at all (at least in some locations). There are squares on the surface!
    3. In original BG there was a small movie with wyverns when entetring one of the Cloakwood areas. Where is it now?? :-)
    4. After the very first launch of the game and then switching to some another program the game refused to switch back and just died. But then all was ok.
    5. After the releasing from the Iron Fist imprisonment side menus disappeared and i had to relaunch the game. Not sure, but maybe the reason was low battery level.
    6. Funny thing -- i was able to import my 34-level-archer from the original BGII last saves but wasn't able to import the personnel from the last saves of original BG!
    7. The button which highlights all the klickable objects is extremely useful! But: first -- when entering another location all the highlights turn down though the button itself remains pressed; and 2nd -- it highlightes also traps what is wrong imho.
    8. Descriptions of some events extend under the right side of the dialog window so the last some part of the text is hidden there and unreadable.
    9*. Strange thing -- no Russian translation! Though there *were* surely some of them for the original game.
    Thanks and good luck to developers with the BGII port!
    Must say that old RPGs are *made* for the tablet playing.
  • HamsterOfBooHamsterOfBoo Member Posts: 26
    In Frendly Arm after gate first home on left side can't enter in.
    And so, i want Russian, i think u understand why. :)
    JonahInTheWhaleAristillius
  • Gamalin666Gamalin666 Member Posts: 4
    Amazing, this is what having a Android tablet is all about!! Here's to many more like this release. Thanks to all involved for truly making my day/week/month etc!
  • shin80shin80 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    cmk24 said:

shin80 said:

Where do we report bugs?

It looks like most people are posting bugs in the android section: http://forum.baldursgate.com/categories/android

As for getting into Joia's house, you can do it, but the target area is very small (a small triangle just above the door). If you zoom all the way in it makes it a bit easier.
    I have been trying that. Max zoom and clicking everywhere around the door, on the door. But, aside from closing it accidentally, Joia's house can't be entered on my device. It's one of the first quests I try to do, actually the first one in chapter 1, so there shouldn't be any 'bad' flags. Well, it's not a big quest or anything, but it sucks to lose that +1 rep.
    We'll have a fix for Joia's house in the next update. Whoever originally put that door there wasn't thinking clearly, I suspect.
    jackjackJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    CrevsDaak said:

And so, i want Russian, i think u understand why. :)

I am sorry and I know that this is hard to recognize, but the russian translation does not give you an AK-47, nor free Vodka nor any meeting with russian girls.
    You are wicked :C
    Patch.OBB have ru_RU localize files. Why in game them are blocked?
    The Russian and Ukrainian translations have not been finalized and approved yet by the team that has been working on them. Once they have been finalized we will make them available in-game.
    JuliusBorisovHamsterOfBooCrevsDaak
    Thanks you, Dee, but it's known about one+ year. And after first publicate (in beta 1.2), the work of the translate stay on start point.
    Our community now create translation by yourself for bg1 and bg2. Maybe we give a chance make localized by fans hand?
    And so, thank you for reading my russianenglish :D
    CrevsDaak
  • whatsoeverwhatsoever Member Posts: 1
    At least French version was developed,hooray!
    JuliusBorisov
  • magaritymagarity Member Posts: 51
    Last year I almost got a Galaxy 4 but at tthe last moment I heard BG was being developed for Android. So I got a Note IIinstead. While the graphics are a bit small it's totally playable and totally worth getting the bigger phone! Exellent port and the best game for Android to date! The very unobtrusive app purchases are a great decision. I'd much rather pay to play than play for free and get nickel and dimed to death.
    It does use up batteries faster than I can charge them.
    One suggestion: I am always careful with application permissions and was happy to see BG for Android does not seem to require more than a game needs. If the publisher gets greedy in an update and starts wanting my GPS location and all the phone level accounts etc etc, I will have to uninstall and warn everyone away.
  • BigosTrismegistosBigosTrismegistos Member Posts: 1
    I think it's about time we start to bug you for the BG2:EE for Android. When will it come? :P
    If I'm not mistaken the heavy lifting was done for the BG:EE release so we should probably get it sooner than the first one.

Can we get a confirmation that BG2:EE is in the works? If so, can we get a confirmation that work that remain is less likely to cause long delay?

Finally, can we get a loose release date? :P
  • Mage3Mage3 Member Posts: 8
    I would also like to know about BG2:ee. All I would like to hear is that it will be coming. I'm not expecting a date. I would just like to know that my sacrifice to play the game out as 1 class (that I don't really want) won't be in vain if I can never dual class him over in BG2. LOL
  • ijustwantitonkindleijustwantitonkindle Member Posts: 4
    Could you PLEAASE put it on kindle fire? i really want to play it on my fire