Skip to content

THE GAME IS NOW AVAILABLE!

Comments

• pebenespebenes Member Posts: 1
    I own the game for Windows - does that mean it can be ported to Android or will I have to buy it again?
  • RonnaannRonnaann Member Posts: 48
    You'll have to buy it again, unfortunately.
    Cheap at the price though!

• cibytecibyte Member Posts: 2
    I bought the game for android and it doesn't work! I wrote a post in the android section about this... http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/32168/crash-after-map-load-on-sony-xperia-z-phone?new=1

Is there a way to get valid windows version licence till the android version is fixed?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @cibyte‌ You may contact support@beamdog.com and see what can be done.
  • prshentsprshents Member Posts: 1
    I have down loaded the game but it will not load the resourse files, I paid 8nquid for this game and there is no where to e mail to ask for help I m ver very unhappy
  • mieirimieiri Member Posts: 1
    bought two days ago and made my way to chapter 2. Playing on Samsung N1080 (10.1) and the game is running really smoth. Great jog guys! BG2 will be insta buy... hoping to see BG3 (!!!), IWD 2 and Planescape in the future =D
  • badgercdbadgercd Member Posts: 6
    Just finished my first Android playthrough. Was great being able to pick up and play wherever I want to! Now I have to sit and wait until either we're able to install mods onto the android version, or until bg2ee comes out on android. Either way, looking forward to it.
  • FlozemFlozem Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2014
    Finished my first playthrough on Android as a bard this month. I started a solo shapeshifter last tuesday. But omg that class is overpowered for bg1! I was level 10 before Nashkel after doing all sidequests and killing all high xp yielding creatures (except totsc). I hit level 8 in just two hours... :)

I installed the xp cap remover, and never hit a higher level than allowed on my first run. Now I am hoping to hit level 13 & greater ww shape...

Anyway - can't wait for bg2... Any news?
  • sm99sm99 Member Posts: 1
    Great job guys.

Playing on my Kindle fire HD with CM11 and haven't had a single problem.

Looking forward to bg2ee too.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @prshents,

Directly after downloading it, for some reason it has a habit of stopping at the downloading resources screen. If you exit and restart the game, then it should be fine. It only seems to happen once per download or update. I found the same thing when updating the game, but also found that restarting the device after the download prevents the issue.
  • ArneyTheBeastArneyTheBeast Member Posts: 1
    I may have a solution for Joias door (the one to the left of the drawbridge Friendly Arm Exterior). I zoomed in on my Nexus 10 and clicked just above the door dead centre. I nearly put a hole in the screen the amount of times I clicked on that Fing door !
  • MoravenMoraven Member Posts: 8
    @Dee still waiting for a fix for the performance issues with Nexus 10

and furthermore still waiting for a hint in the playstore description that there are problems with Nexus 10!!
    You deceive your customers!
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    Moraven said:

@Dee still waiting for a fix for the performance issues with Nexus 10

and furthermore still waiting for a hint in the playstore description that there are problems with Nexus 10!!
    You deceive your customers!

That's a tad unfair. If anyone "deceived" their customers, it was the company that designed the N10. That GPU was never going to drive that screen resolution at any acceptable frame rate for real time graphics rendering. N10 is a good web reader, movie watcher etc.. but terrible for any kind of intensive gaming.

There's only so much you can do when the hardware is just not up to the task.

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    I agree. Spare no expense when it comes to yourself, and suit up well and proper when it comes to gaming.

You get what you pay for, and Nexus 10 is not an iPad. That's not an excuse to exclude Beamdog from making a product that works 110% on your tablet. Software and hardware does vary across distributors. Regardless ...

Try playing BG:EE in Landscape mode.

Don't play in 2560 x 1600 mode.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Sylvus_Moonbow, is there a way to change the screen resolution?
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    @Troodon80, Nexus 10 has one of the highest resolutions on the tablet market, which could be the reason for the slow down if the display routine Beamdog makes use of, cannot support the dpi properly.

That's just an off the wall guess as to the reason for the slowdowns on a Nexus 10 tablet.

While googling, I came across an App for Nexus 10 that allows one to change the resolution.

I'm not sure if Nexus 10 has an ideal location to download Apps like Apple does via its store, so if there is one, perhaps @Moraven can look there for the App I linked and give it a shot if the site I found it on, isn't official.

Attempting to use a 1280x720 resolution on the Nexus 10 might reduce the display slowness.

• MoravenMoraven Member Posts: 8
    @Sylvus_Moonbow
    tha a lot, man!
    You are right, the problem with Baldurs Gate on Nexus 10 seems to be the high resolution.
    The app you've found isnt availible in Play Store anymore and the description says there are problems with Android 4.3 and higher.
    So ive searched for an alternative and have found this app
    Screen Settings --> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.forbitel.screensettings
    Your device has to be rooted, but then its no problem to reduce the resolution of a Nexus 10.
    A first short test showed there are no lags at a reduced resolution of 1920x1200.

@ Troodom80 Like you see, yes there is a way ^^

@ Beamdog, you still have the obligation to make a hint in the play store description!
  • Jester2189Jester2189 Member Posts: 14
    Two questions, firstly when will bg:2 be making its way to android, or will it be better to just buy an iPad I've been looking at anyways. Secondly should the second bg come to android anytime soon if we get different tablets or phones will it be able to read our old saves mainly characters from an sd card transfer?
  • LcacdriverLcacdriver Member Posts: 41

Two questions, firstly when will bg:2 be making its way to android, or will it be better to just buy an iPad I've been looking at anyways. Secondly should the second bg come to android anytime soon if we get different tablets or phones will it be able to read our old saves mainly characters from an sd card transfer?

You can xfer save games between android and PC, not sure about ipad and/or mac, but I imagine so.

• Jester2189Jester2189 Member Posts: 14
    I'm mostly curious when there looking at releasing bg2 for android
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605

I'm mostly curious when there looking at releasing bg2 for android

Here is the latest news we have:

• Dice42Dice42 Member Posts: 55
    I imagine "BGII:EE for Android and the massive 1.3 Patch for BGII:EE will follow." will be part of the same project, in the same way BGEE 1.2 and android where, so I'm guessing Android BGII:EE will be while away yet, hope it's soon though
  • MugiwaraMugiwara Member Posts: 3
    BGII:EE for android require a tablet and not 5" or higher ?
    I have BG:EE on my galaxy note 3 and he as good for playing this game.

(Sorry for my anglish, i'm french so..)
  • djseemanndjseemann Member Posts: 10
    When russian language done?
  • RemenissionsRemenissions Member Posts: 102
    Another release with a plethora of bugs..
  • Arutha_CrydeeArutha_Crydee Member Posts: 68
    i cant wait for bg2ee on android! I play on my nexus 5 for bgee and it is awesome to say the least. the touch interface lets me fly through giving commands to my party.
  • magaritymagarity Member Posts: 51
    Is anyone else seeing the doors along the path in Andoy's Enclave? There are 3 of them as if they were entrances to caverns or something but they can't actually be entered. Looks a little odd!
  • MugiwaraMugiwara Member Posts: 3
    Viconia's romance with elves, does work in enhanced edition ?
  • hubrisnxshubrisnxs Member Posts: 1
    Just to be clear, I got the game the day (the moment; when I downloaded BG, it said 10 people had downloaded it) it came to the play store. I was a huge fan of the computer version, expansions and sequels and all.

That said: You've done a fantastic job, and I suppose the only question I have is regarding if beta testing for the sequel was going on (my job, previous experience, and misc. assets make me curse the fact I missed the Android beta-ing), and if so, how one would apply.

I say this not only because the other posts on this forum seem to have come about before the original game, but also and mainly because I got here because of the link from baldurs gate ii expanded edition site... which did at certain points mention an Android release.

WIth much admiration for the work of the devs, and to the work of those beta testers/forum members who made the fine product I've fell in love with all over again,

Brian/hubrisnxs
  • Dice42Dice42 Member Posts: 55
    @hubrisnxs‌ you need to send a request to join the Baldur's Gate community on Google Plus