Skip to content

Baeloth does not appear

JanoSJanoS Member Posts: 3

Baeloth does not appear in the correct location.
Main character: Dual class Fighter (2) -> Thief (6)
First entered location at lower level, now entered again, tried running around, resting, ... nothing.

Lead character (top slot) is NPC, my PC is second from the top. Lead is Dorn at level 6.

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited May 2014
    huh, I guess just keep trying. It doesn't always work real well :/
    Btw what do you mean "lower lever" bealoth is in larswood by the lonely tower(I assume you know this and you just worded it funny)
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    I thought I had read that to find Baeloth, you need to be level 5 and never have visited the area before.
    elminster
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

I thought I had read that to find Baeloth, you need to be level 5 and never have visited the area before.

@Sylvus_Moonbow‌ oh, really? I thought you just had to be level 5. That makes sense though.

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited May 2014

The game checks for the Player1 (so put your thief as leader :P) to be higher than lvl4 but it happens all the times.

Just walk around [2038.2947] (X:Y coordenate) and you'll trigger it in some moment.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Player1 is always the PC, no matter where you put him into the party slot.
    CrevsDaak
  • JanoSJanoS Member Posts: 3
    I've entered Larswood at lvl2/lvl4 for the first time. Then I returned at 2/5 and currently 2/6. Killed hundred gibberlings around that tower already...
    Am I forever stuck because I went there too soon? Is it a bug on android. I can try extracting save and uploading it if anyone can take a look...
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I have noticed issues with dual classed characters having trouble triggering this encounter before...
    jastey said:

Player1 is always the PC, no matter where you put him into the party slot.

Thanks for the information, and in a multiplayer game, is the host's first character taken into account or no?
    @CrevsDaak Yes, in multiplayer games the host always must be in control of player1.
    edited May 2014
    @Tresset OK, but all the characters get the PC value in their EA.ids cre/chr slot, so I wanted to know if the main player is the one taken into account or the one with the PC value in it's EA.ids cre/chr slot NVM forgot that the PC value in their EA.ids cre/chr slot gets changed when a creature joins the party (still wondering how the other Player2-6 values get assigned).
    edited May 2014
    As I thought, the dual class seems to be the cause of this bug. If you return to the area at thief level 7 then he should spawn.

I simplified my old report so hopefully they will take a look at it now.
    Post edited by Tresset on
    CrevsDaak
  • JanoSJanoS Member Posts: 3
    Yes! I visited the area as 2/7 and he appeared! 44000 exp as thief.
    Now where is my second ring of wizardry...
    Baeloth doesn't actually have a ring of wizardry. There are only two of those in the game; one is hidden aththe Friendly Arm, and the other is owned by a mage in Baldur's Gate.
    CrevsDaak
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited May 2014
    @CrevsDaak I noticed that Player2-6 get assigned according to the slots that are free when the NPCs join. But, if you save and reload, the slots will be adjusted accordingly. What I mean is, say your PC takes on 5 NPCs - all slots are full, the last one is Player6 (logical so far). Now, Player2 and Player3 leave the group, and a new NPC joins: This one will be Player2 now, and Player3 slot is empty. Save the game and reload, and the slot 3 will be closed by the other present NPCs riding up, so now they are filling slots 1-5 and Player6 is empty. This is independent in which party slot you put them by hand.

That is my knowledge gotten from experience for the classic BG(II)-games, btw., but I'd assume it's the same for BG(II):EE.

CrevsDaakhook71