Skip to content

So.... Yeah. This just happened....

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264

I would like to apologize to Hendak and Bernard for... whatever Neera just did...

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Awesome.
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    Beautiful.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Who's going to clean the floor?
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    If they were chickens, I'd say it was Skyrim. BOOOM!

Don't you mean 'Zelda'?
    Tresset said:

I think the funniest part was that everyone in the area got a wish... As soon as Neera finished casting the spell something like 12 djinn popped up and gave EVERYONE in the area a wish, including Tavern Drunk, Tavern Wench and Salvanas. The odd part is that I got to choose the dialog responses for all of them. I only chose the rabbits four times I think because I was worried my computer would have a heart attack. Anyway I had planned to have Neera drink a potion of insight and cast NRD until I got all the one time wishes I wanted. It turned out that I only needed to cast it once to get all I wanted and a ton of rabbits on top of that.

You should have wished for a million bucks.
    edited May 2014
    jackjack said:

Tresset said:

I think the funniest part was that everyone in the area got a wish... As soon as Neera finished casting the spell something like 12 djinn popped up and gave EVERYONE in the area a wish, including Tavern Drunk, Tavern Wench and Salvanas. The odd part is that I got to choose the dialog responses for all of them. I only chose the rabbits four times I think because I was worried my computer would have a heart attack. Anyway I had planned to have Neera drink a potion of insight and cast NRD until I got all the one time wishes I wanted. It turned out that I only needed to cast it once to get all I wanted and a ton of rabbits on top of that.

You should have wished for a million bucks.
    Given the precocious nature of most Djinn, I wouldn't be surprised to find myself surrounded by an impossibly large herd of deer upon making such a wish. As if the rabbits aren't enough!
    Wouldn't it be 'capricious nature'? 'Precocious' means something else entirely - it is a synonym of 'prodigious' - that is, developed beyond their years, be it physically, mentally or psychologically.

Funnily enough, both of these descriptors would fit my person. Actually, I believe 'precocious' and 'capricious' would fit any and every Aspie out there, myself more than most, due to my comorbid disorders.
    Loub said:

Don't you mean 'Zelda'?
    Nope, Skyrim.

Exploding Chicken mod.

Loub said:

Don't you mean 'Zelda'?
    Nope, Skyrim.

Exploding Chicken mod.
    Funny, in one of my games, a chicken sent assassins after me for accidentally killing a cow while fighting a dragon.
    Good times.
    Guess he didn't like having his sister killed by an orc mage.
    Would be even funnier if the assassins were named "Jim" and "Earl".
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited May 2014
    @Loub‌
    I said precocious because such a quality often leads the being in question to think they know better than others, which I find to be characteristic of most Djinn. This often leads to them correcting the poor, unsuspecting wish maker, as in the bucks:deer example, leading to no end of chaos/hunting licenses.
    Though they can certainly be called capricious as well.

Edited for emphasis.
    edited May 2014
    jackjack said:

@Loub‌
    I said precocious because such a quality often leads to the being in question to think they know better than others, which I find to be characteristic of most Djinn. This often leads to them correcting the poor, unsuspecting wish maker, as in the bucks:deer example, leading to no end of chaos/hunting licenses.
    Though they can certainly be called capricious as well.

Read this: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/precocious

In no way does ANY of its meanings match what you propose, yet you adamantly refuse to admit you erred. Maddening!

The facts stand against you, yet you refuse to acknowledge them due to your sheer prepotence.

Yes, my dear PREPOTENT, *that* is the word you're looking for. Once again have I held the higher ground on this.
    Post edited by Loub on
    I stand by my word choice. I've read the dictionary before.
    edited May 2014
    @jackjack‌
    PREPOTENCE is the word you're looking for, as I have stated.

Don't try to argue with a linguist, this is doomed to fail.

You seem to enjoy calling others philistines, yet you act like one yourself in matters linguistical. Hmph.
    Post edited by Loub on
    You are proving my point. I'm done going off topic.
    jackjack said:

You are proving my point. I'm done going off topic.

And once again you prove mine, as well as your ignorance. I'm done with you, if you don't want to learn, so be it.