Skip to content

The Adventures of Gaspar: The Suavest Swashbuckler to Sail the Seven Seas! (ctrl+q playthrough)

FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
In which we shall see how many scripts we can ruin by brainwashing friends and foes alike.

Inspired by the ctrl+q thread, and something I had been meaning to do for a long time, this is a playthrough of BG2EE where you force your enemies to fight alongside you! This isn't a hardcore, no-reload, SCS-whatever - it's pure and simple FUN!

The rules are simple. Ctrl+Q forces a creature to join your party. In this playthrough, there will be 5 creatures plus CHARNAME in a party. If one dies in combat, they will not be raised and instead will be replaced with more random creatures. I'll try not to force bosses into the party, as tempting as that may be, for the sake of what little balance there will probably be in this playthrough. And to increase the diversity of party members, and to save myself equipment headaches, brainwashed allies will stick with only what they have.

There are other mods in use besides these, but these are the most relevant:
Dungeon-Be-Gone
BG2 Tweakpack
Weimer's Item Upgrades
aTweaks
Rogue Rebalancing
More Style For Mages
BP Ascension
And a few custom tweaks that I made myself for convenience and balance reasons

So I present to you, the irresistable, handsome, charming Gaspar!
Just pretend he's a human, I'm not dual-classing so there's literally no reason to be one.

So, I've just been released from my cage by Imoen, who I promptly told to get lost. Our first victims volunteers are Irenicus' Jailkeep Golem and a Smoke Mephit. Let's name them...uhhh, Derick and Jim.

And now we let out Jaheira and Minsc, because I would feel bad if I didn't.

And now we're going to get out of here.

Hey, look! Jim leveled up!

Let's see what we can-

Oh. I don't know what I expected. This is probably going to happen a lot, come to think of it.

Tune in next post for some actual fighting hopefully!
CrevsDaakelminsterBlackravenbooinyoureyesjackjackmeaglothBelgarathMTHlolienWolkchickenhedJuliusBorisovElrandirsemiticgoddessBlackbɨrdStummvonBordwehr

Comments

• FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    @CrevsDaak‌
    He got owned by Mencar Pebblecrusher himself. He might've been immune to the elements and magic, but not a good hammer in the golem equivalent of the solar plexus.
    CrevsDaakjackjackElrandirlolien
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Episode 10 Pt. I: "This is between us and the chickens, ma'am!"

So I decided not to see Thaxxl'ssilyya or however you spell it. Instead, I wanted to go to the planar sphere. I got the famous Habib Khalid Achmed Alafif to throw his mighty scimitar at my enemies. A band of ruffians got in on the action too. Habib was sadly killed in an encounter with another band of bandits. Just look at all his scimitars! Where does he keep them all???

Once we got to the Umar Hills, my treasure senses started tingling. One of these farmers was trying to hide a super-valuable Beljuril gem inside one of his chickens!

I casually stabbed one of the low-health ruffians in the back to trade him in for Valygar so he could open the sphere in the next part.
    jackjackCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovElrandir
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    It's always sad to see our beloved comrades to fall. You had some hard times there.
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovjackjackElrandir
  • MarricMarric Member Posts: 53
    This is certainly a neat idea and makes an amusing read. Thanks for sharing the tale of Gaspar and his band of misfit toys.
    lolienjackjackFlashburnCrevsDaak
  • Rylorn23Rylorn23 Member Posts: 77
    @Flashburn - Hi, where can I download weimer's item upgrade mod for BG2EE, please? I cannot find it! :(
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Rylorn23‌ http://weidu.org/item.html it's completely compatible with the EE.
    Flashburnjackjack
    Really? I tried install this, but there was some error in weidu installer. Then I will try it again. Thanks.
    Success! It really works.

~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Of Amn Item Upgrades -> Original list version: v40
    ~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Throne Of Bhaal Item Upgrades -> Original list version: v40
    jackjack