Skip to content

Where would you make your home on the BGT map?

BalladBallad Member Posts: 205
Just a fun thought I have been playing with. Imagine you were given a choice to settle down in any of the locations visited throughout the Bhaalspawn saga. Where would you choose to live and why?
  1. Where would you make your home on the BGT map?92 votes
    1. Sword Coast countryside (specify area)
        9.78%
    2. Baldur's Gate (specify part)
      10.87%
    3. Beregost
      16.30%
    4. Nashkel
        3.26%
    5. Amnish countryside (specify area)
        5.43%
    6. Trademeet
        7.61%
    7. Athkatla (specify district)
      19.57%
    8. Suldanessellar
        9.78%
    9. Saradush (ouch)
        1.09%
    10. Somewhere else (please specify)
      16.30%

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Ice Island has the loviest weather within the whole trilogy.

...have I ever mentioned that I hate the heat?
  • FinaLfrontFinaLfront Member Posts: 260
    Tree top village?

I'm there
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Bridge District... Seems a pretty cool and vibrant place: a theatre, a couple of decent boozers, a small market and a wizard's cult!
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    I grew up in a small town, so Beregost it is! I could also be 'The Man' in Gullykin (I wonder if they'd call me Sharkey?).
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    No but seriously, I'd take over Wild Mages' settlement from BG2 after it gets abandoned. How awesome is that?
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    Razamith's Tower! I liked that place, for no obvious reason, he heh...
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    Trademeet most definitely. I like the layout of the town, the architecture, the fact that its a trade town and I can meet all different types of people and see all different types of stuff. I'd probably end up wasting all my money on the biggest collection of junk from all corners of Amn and Tethyr. And the fact that I have a few levels in ranger and can cast Charm Animal in case of rogue djinnis
  • FrostyFrosty Member Posts: 190
    I think a stronghold at the cross roads just south of Friendly arm would suet me well.
  • AonghasDubhAonghasDubh Member Posts: 20
    Umar hills gets it for me, love the rural life!
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited May 2014
    It would be the bustling metropolis of Baldur's Gate for me.

Per canon, circa 1368 DR the "upper" side of the city is the higher rent district (wealthier residents built higher up on the slope on the other side of the original city wall that bifurcates the city). But I suppose I'd prefer to be fairly centrally located. Maybe a bit north of the original city wall. A nice stroll from the Wide (the city's perpetual open market).
    Post edited by Lemernis on
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Umar Hills, Imnesvale. Quiet, small village to live in and beautiful nature around me. That kind of place would make me feel good, if I was Forgotten Relams citizen.