Skip to content

The maze spell, kinda trapped my whole party (SPOILERS, you have been warned!!!)

So... after a long break from BG2:EE for no real reason (i just stopped) i got back to my save where i was running around kicking all kinds of hell out of the vampires (using totem druid and he is just a beat stick with a spear) and Jaheria gets mazed (currently romancing her if it helps) so ive had to clear out the rest of the room and bodhi with out one of my main front liners (me and minsc and a frig tonne of summons had to do it, bodhi gave me no trouble but the clay golem i had to fight wrecked my party) and ive rested twice now and jaheria hasn't returned and i am unable to leave the room because as ever i must gather my party before venturing forth, none of my spell casters know freedom and i cant leave to get a freedom scroll......any tips?

Comments

• abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    edited May 2014
    Just wait... Maze has a variable duration, dependant on the target's Intelligence score.
    Jaheira has 10 Int, and should therefore be affected for 4d4 rounds...

Edit: Just re-read and seen that you have rested to no avail... In that case I really don't know what's going wrong.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It's a known bug - https://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/27065/7526-core-permanent-maze-effect

It seems the only solutions will be to reload a save prior to the maze spell or use the EEKeeper and take off the maze effect from Jaheira (the maze is just a status effect that disables the character - so you can take it off in the Jaheira's profile with your save through the EEKeeper ).
    FinneousPJBlackravenjackjackelminster
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Here's hoping you don't use iPad...

C:CreateItem("scrl9z")
    jackjackelminster
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    thank you everyone ill just keep doing the mission and hope it all goes well
    JuliusBorisov