Skip to content

Will i be able to complete?

Hi all. Due to being a silly noob i set off into BG1 with normal roll stats. Mine being Str 14 dex 16 int 10 wis 12
Cha 14 and Con 14 i'm level 3 fighter/theif with 24 hit points will i be ok in the end. So ... Restart required or can i still finish with these stats?

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    You can, though obviously it will be more difficult than if you had some crazy 90-roll. If you got to level three, you're fine. Don't restart. It really won't change much if you're playing with a full party anyway.
    JuliusBorisov
  • icklejabbaicklejabba Member Posts: 3
    Thanks that Kalid feels like the tank i wanted to be anyways 54 hit points on level 4! lol
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Tough. Since you are a first time player I would redo them, but it is not impossible. If you play on easier difficulty you shouldn't find it impossible, though it would be challenging.

Personally I think you would find it more enjoyable with a more powerful character, both for gameplay and for roleplay purposes
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Your stats are ok, but if you wanted your PC to be a "tank", then fighter/thief is not the right choice for character class.

As a fighter/thief, your PC will be better as a scout, sniper, backstabber, and skirmisher than a tank. Think "hit and fade" instead of "going toe-to-toe". I loved my fighter/thief PC. He was awesome, but he wasn't a "stand there and slug it out against an army" kind of guy.

If you really want a tank, you should go with a fighter (kitless, berserker, or dwarven defender), paladin (any), ranger (kitless), or barbarian. IMHO, cavaliers make awesome tanks.
    icklejabbameaglothJuliusBorisov
  • icklejabbaicklejabba Member Posts: 3
    Thanks i'll bear that in mind.
    JuliusBorisov
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    edited May 2014
    Fighter/Cleric or Fighter/Druid, while having a stricter weapon selection, can be tankish also.
    AstroBryGuyJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    fighter/mage is even better as a tank
    AstroBryGuy
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I'd actually say Cleric/Ranger would be a better tank than the fighter/druid and fighter/cleric because it gets both druid and cleric spells
    AstroBryGuymeagloth
  • droogishdroogish Member Posts: 11
    You can also try thinking of these stats (both the highs and the lows) as part of the character from an RP perspective. Not every fighter has uber strength or optimal stats - but they may still become a hero nonetheless!

I misrolled a shadow dancer with the intention of duel classing them to a mage. I didn't realise I needed high charisma to duel class to such a combo until too late. I had 18 intelligence in preparation for a dream that could never be fulfilled.

I decided to accept my fate when I discovered this at level 5 and continue as a 'pure' thief. My hero always wanted to study magic but was rejected by the establishment because of his poor looks. Consequently he has a chip on his shoulder against all magic users and cuts them to ribbons at every opportunity.
    Ravenslightabacus