Skip to content

Help! Mage Stronghold messenger not spawning!

As I understand it, two days after my apprentices graduate this guy's supposed to come tell me to meet Teos in the Sphere. Well it's been like thirty days, I've just kept playing, and still nothing! Anyone know how I can spawn him or what to do? :/

Thanks a bunch!

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @lethaltoconcrete,

Generic questions:
    1. What version of the game are you currently using?
    2. What platform are you running the game on? (Windows, Mac, iOS)
    3. What operating system are you running the game on? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1, OS X 10.9, etc.)
    4. Have you edited your saved game in any way? (If yes, what edits did you make)
    5. Have you installed any mods? (If yes, what mods)
    In-game questions:
    1. What chapter are you currently on?
    2. Have you been waiting inside a building?
    Lastly, do you have a saved game you could upload for inspection?
  • lethaltoconcretelethaltoconcrete Member Posts: 27
    @Troodon80: I haven't been waiting inside any buildings. I've just been playing the game, going through all sorts of areas. But 30 days have passed since the graduation, so I've become alarmed. I'm on Chapter 3 and working for Bodhi.

I'm using the most up-to-date Mac OSX version of the game with the core components of the Big Picture installed along with all of its Ascension components. I edited my saves to make my character into an illegal multiclass Kensai/Mage with bastard sword grandmastery in Irenicus' dungeon and also to manually add XP when Firkraag wing buffeted himself to death. I haven't touched any quest variables or anything like that.

I've attached my most recent save. Thanks in advance for any help!
    edited May 2014
    Oh, ah, I suppose I should clarify that I got the game from the Beamdog website, as opposed to Apple's App Store. That's probably what you were asking.

I also manually changed my stats in Irenicus' Dungeon to reflect what they would have been had I found all of the tomes in BG1, despite only having created this character for BG2. Anyway, thanks again!
    @lethaltoconcrete, apparently the variable that controls the spawn is already set. This means that Natula cannot spawn again. That also means that he should have spawned somewhere. It could have been interrupted due to a mod, I have no way of knowing without installing the mods you have.

If you open the CLUAConsole and enter:

C:SetGlobal("NatulaSpawn","GLOBAL",0)
    He should spawn immediately.
    Thanks so much, @Troodon80! Really appreciate you taking the time to sort this out for me.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Troodon80‌ I bet this was caused by issue 6366. He probably already spawned but did not approach the party to give his dialog. This is (obviously) a bug in the core game.
    @Tresset‌, I am not entirely certain. It could be part of the issue. I took a quick look through the save game and couldn't find any reference to the creature file, which means it is not stored in the saved game. The global was set, but there is no sign of the character. In most of my own trials he stays in the one place, that is not what is happening here.