Skip to content

What is your least favorite monster in Faerun?

2»

Comments

• abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    I have a new least favorite monster. SHADOW FIENDS. I hate those even more than vampires. They are immune to every single damage type, can paralyze, have physical damage resistance, and show up (in the Windspear Hills dungeon, at least) in packs of four.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689

Wait, wait. I forgot the vilest, dreadest and ugliest monsters of them all: children! Urgh...

Little Lamplight.
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    also, flaming skulls and burning men.. flaming skulls for their annoying movement rate and burning men for their 'keening' ability. what is that, anyway?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Definitely humans.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    God damn flippin' GOLEMS.

You can only hit them with magical blunt weapons. They cause slow on every hit, and can usually haste themselves instantly. They have ridiculous magic resistance. AND, as if that weren't enough, THEY HIT LIKE FLIPPIN' TRUCKS!

People brush them off because Crom Faeyr is a thing that exists. What people forget is how stupidly long it takes to make the darn thing! By the time you've got the ultimate answer to golems, you've already cleared out most of the game, and coincidentally, MOST OF THE GOLEMS.

Now, once you waltz over to Throne of Bhaal with Crom Faeyr in-hand, any golem-fight you come across is gonna be a walk in the park. I'll grant you that.

But in Shadows of Amn... SHADOWS OF FLIPPIN' AMN. Ugh, they are a nightmare every time.
    stone golems are okay, but CLAY GOLEMS. REALLY GUYS?
    Adamantite Golems are both my least favorite and most favorite golem (how's that possible?) Least because they have RIDICULOUS physical damage resistance ("Valygar did 2 damage to Adamantite Golem?" Really?) and do a lot of damage. Most because they have earned my respect.
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    Draconis. Ooh, lookit me, I'm a dragon who can go invisible whenever I want so your spells are wasted. Bullcrap.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Squirrels.

Sometimes they can sneak past you when your not looking... And that xp is lost forever...
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I'm proud of you @MacHurto‌ . Just remember to allow any gnome mummies you meet to shamble about free...

Free as the wind blows...
    @MacHurto‌ rp-wise....... jus sayin
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    @simples‌ to add insult to injury it was in front of his cabin in the Umar Hills. I just decided that as ranger protector, he was hunting for the town
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    abazigal5 said:

Adamantite Golems are both my least favorite and most favorite golem (how's that possible?) Least because they have RIDICULOUS physical damage resistance ("Valygar did 2 damage to Adamantite Golem?" Really?) and do a lot of damage. Most because they have earned my respect.

In a recent solo run, I killed the two Adamantine Golems in the Windspear complex by getting them trapped in doorways and then raining arrows on them with Tansheron's Bow... I was literally doing 1 damage/hit... So I went and made a cup of tea... Or two.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Illithids. They eat our brains. I'm still to find more irritating ability.
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    bengoshi said:

Illithids. They eat our brains. I'm still to find more irritating ability.

More irritating than Illithids? Sure... Vampiric Illithids!

abacus said:

abazigal5 said:

In a recent solo run, I killed the two Adamantine Golems in the Windspear complex by getting them trapped in doorways and then raining arrows on them with Tansheron's Bow... I was literally doing 1 damage/hit... So I went and made a cup of tea... Or two.
    I just have anyone with +3 or better weapons go in and attack them, which is pretty much my strategy for every single battle- go in and kill everything that is attacking me.

• JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303

Wait, wait. I forgot the vilest, dreadest and ugliest monsters of them all: children! Urgh...

you funny lookin'
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    Saemon Haverion - if only for that godawful cod-brit accent!
    Just so everyone knows: I'm planning a blow-by blow account of my trip through Watcher's Keep. I'll start it either tomorrow or the day after.