Skip to content

Black Pits Error Message :S

Happens whenever I select my Thief or try to interact in anyway with her :S. What's going on?

Comments

• Alistar2013Alistar2013 Member Posts: 44
    edited June 2014
    I was a bit too hasty! I should say whenever I open the Record (R) or Inventory (I) screen for her or any of the options on the Record screen and when closing those screens as well. I can still select her and give her orders.

EDIT: I just loaded her up on single player and the same thing happens I'm thinking something has happened to the character files.

I don't see what though :S I made her in single player, then started the game and immediately exported her.
    I do have another character with the same name as her that was a previous roll, but that shouldn't do anything to her if the filename is different.

She's a Halfling Thief, Chaotic Neutral but I don't see how any of that matters either.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I am not sure what that is... Do you use any mods?
    No that's why I found it weird and I have not altered anything in the game whatsoever other than adding the portraits folder for custom portraits. She isn't even using one atm I just gave her one of the ones that comes with BGEE.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited June 2014
    Are there any .sql files somewhere in your game? Have you checked if there isn't one in the portraits folder?
    According to your screenshot, the file HPROG.2DA (tables in the IE are 2DAs, so I'll assume it's a 2DA) is missing, but it would make the game crash since it's listed in the CHITIN.KEY... Weird. Also, BG:EE has 550+ 2DAs, so I don't know why is says that 256 is the maximum...
    Tresset
    that's the thing the game doesn't actually crash it's weird. It minimizes BG then gives me the message then I click ok and can open it back up again until I touch the thief's record screen or inventory.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Weird is the only word I can relate with this, as I don't know how android works. @Troodon80‌ or either @Dee‌? Any ideas of what's going on? How much engine changes were done for the android version of the game?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited June 2014
    @CrevsDaak,

It's an issue in the sql_compiler.c source file. There's several things it could be, but only someone with access to the engine code would know for certain. That someone certainly isn't me.

HPROG is a 2DA table file. It looks as though the code to handle the 2DA files has a maximum limit (of loaded files) of 256? I can see 554 2DA tables in my un-modded game BG:EE game on PC. So HPROG cannot be used in-game due to an overload? Sorry, I have no idea about specifics like that.

@Dee,

Sql_compiler.c issues have been noted before on PC. Worth another look?

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25464/strange-error-message-sql-compiler-c-566-815
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23082/jaheira-bugged
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/22849/imoen-inventory-bug-after-patch
    Sylvus_MoonbowCrevsDaak
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Alistar2013, have you tried restarting the BG:EE application, even force closing if you need to?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

that's the thing the game doesn't actually crash it's weird. It minimizes BG then gives me the message then I click ok and can open it back up again until I touch the thief's record screen or inventory.

Please check your portraits folder. If there are any files in there that are not .bmp files, delete them.
    This only happens when I try to use that particular thief file. So I just re-rolled the thief and no issues my portraits folder only has 1 file in it and it's a picture (bmp) for my Dwarf Fighter. So I think maybe the file just got corrupted somehow no big deal theives are easy to roll.
    CrevsDaak
    @troodon80 not needed I can still play it's just the thief itself that was the issue but not anymore got another 90+ roll for them and it solved it.